Redkite : Supercarrier Templates pack.

RedKite

Thanks guys! I’ll give this a try.

Thinking even further, would it be possible to modify the parking position locations with further edits to a lua file? I guess you’d have to redefine the routes to the relevant CAT too, but once the coordinates zero reference is identified, this shouldn’t be to challenging.

I’ll see what I can do, as I really want to spin the six-pack aircraft around so their tail is up against the CAT 3 foul line, as shown below. It would make launching aircraft from the front of the ship much more interesting and realistic.

s98-1208747.jpg

Forrestal-Planes.gif

4 hours ago, norman99 said:

Thinking even further, would it be possible to modify the parking position locations with further edits to a lua file? I guess you’d have to redefine the routes to the relevant CAT too, but once the coordinates zero reference is identified, this shouldn’t be to challenging.

I’ll see what I can do, as I really want to spin the six-pack aircraft around so their tail is up against the CAT 3 foul line, as shown below. It would make launching aircraft from the front of the ship much more interesting and realistic.

s98-1208747.jpg

Forrestal-Planes.gif

You Sir just read my mind. This was my next point of attack. I'm thinking it is indeed possible to modify the parking position locations with further edits to a lua file. I was able to change taxi routes and I'm trying to fine tune so that aircraft don't taxi directly under the super structure. I'll share once I get it. Please do the same.

Making small progress but taxi routes are a mess

16 hours ago, norman99 said:

s98-1208747.jpg

Forrestal-Planes.gif

1.JPG

Daaaamn. You got hella patience. I took a quick stab at it, but I couldn't figure out which values rotate the plane's position. Looks like you're on the right track. Good job, CM2020.

• Thanks 1

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I spent most of the day playing around with the lau file, and produced the flowing test example.

19 aircraft launches using cats 2,3 & 4 only. 16 Custom spawn positions, all with custom taxi paths so as to not interfere with each other and the many static aircraft present.

So far I've only tested with the F/A-18. Tomcat will take some extra work as it has some crash issues. Also, there's nothing stopping all the remaining static objects everywhere except the bow to be changed to spawn points. You could literally create a 30-35 aircraft launch sequence.

Lastly, the same process applies to recovery routes and parking positions. It should be possible to bring recovering aircraft down one side of the bow and park them in line on the opposite side. I just haven't got around to that test yet.

Any way, enjoy the test video. More to come soon

• Like 10

This is excellent work. Thank you for sharing the results so far - I took a shot at this last night, but found that DCS kept crashing.

I think I will wait to see your results before I do any more work on this!

ED and @BIGNEWY please take note of the above video, and ideally provide a map of the coordinate points for these taxi routes!

EDIT: never mind the bit about the coordinates, this is available in the model viewer.

Edited by Cacetudo
  • Thanks 1

ThinkPad X1 Carbon G6 | i7-8550U 1.8-4 GHz | 16GB LPDDR3-2133 MHz RAM | 512GB PCIe SSD | Win10 x64

Aorus RTX 2070 Gaming Box | 8GB GDDR6-14000MHz | 3x Dell U2412M for 5760x1200

CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals

On 3/3/2021 at 7:30 AM, norman99 said:

I spent most of the day playing around with the lau file, and produced the flowing test example.

19 aircraft launches using cats 2,3 & 4 only. 16 Custom spawn positions, all with custom taxi paths so as to not interfere with each other and the many static aircraft present.

So far I've only tested with the F/A-18. Tomcat will take some extra work as it has some crash issues. Also, there's nothing stopping all the remaining static objects everywhere except the bow to be changed to spawn points. You could literally create a 30-35 aircraft launch sequence.

Lastly, the same process applies to recovery routes and parking positions. It should be possible to bring recovering aircraft down one side of the bow and park them in line on the opposite side. I just haven't got around to that test yet.

Any way, enjoy the test video. More to come soon

WOW! Amazing and nice work

• 1 month later...

Has anyone seen issues with statics being partially buried on the deck when you switch them from one config to another?

I have a similar setup that functions on my local comp running a MP server, but when I run it on out main server and join it, any switching of the templates causes them to be half buried in the deck.  The initial spawn at the beginning of the mission is fine, every thing is where it’s supposed to be. 

Any change causes them to display buried in the deck.  Is there a z axis than can be adjusted or is this just an ED issue?

• 2 months later...
On 4/23/2021 at 6:41 AM, TonyG said:

Has anyone seen issues with statics being partially buried on the deck when you switch them from one config to another?

I have a similar setup that functions on my local comp running a MP server, but when I run it on out main server and join it, any switching of the templates causes them to be half buried in the deck.  The initial spawn at the beginning of the mission is fine, every thing is where it’s supposed to be. 

Any change causes them to display buried in the deck.  Is there a z axis than can be adjusted or is this just an ED issue?

Same Issue here. Did you manage to solve it?

Statics are placed outside the super structure now with Redkites lua's/scripts. Must be a coordinate error maybe on the placement. It's beyond me how to fix it. Wondering if anyone else sees this?

i7 8086K(Delidded@5.2),ASUS ROG Maximus X Formula Z370,Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition, 32GB DDR4,860 Pro SSD x2,970 Pro M.2, 840 Evo, Asus ROG PG278Q G-Sync.. Rift S:pilotfly:https://imgur.com/a/TRIm7nL

• 1 year later...
Just now, Paladin1cd said:

Not really wanting to bring something back from the dead thread wise, but I found this recently and wondered if it was still working or if something similar had been set up by anyone? 

I had a problem where I could not spawn on the deck with the deck already filled since a couple of updates ago.
My solution was to spawn the aircraft from Redkite's script 1-5 seconds after I have spawned in myself.  That works, and no collisions or other issues occur like that.

Br,

Mud

• Thanks 1
Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index