Simapppro

chief

Is anyone having issues with this? I am finding this software is brutal. Hangs all the time. recognizes the throttle then doesn't. Just ongoing issues

And it also screwed up my Vjoy. I have used a lot of software for gaming devices and I would say this is far from impressing me. Almost feel like throwing this Throttle at the wall

Edited by chief

Sometimes it just takes a few plug/replugs or reboots to get it to recognize both the throttle and the panel. My approach is to use it for only an absolute minimum: adjusting the backlight brightness. Once I get that set, I don't open it for any other reason.

For vJoy usage I use Joystick Gremlin.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Hey Rogue. How do you get Gremlin to work. I have all my planes programmed with Gremlin. But after I installed simapppro, Vjoy OR Gremlin won't run. Gives me errors.

And is there some kind of instructions or video on how to program keykey bindings in simapppro? I downloaded the default so it works in DCS but that's about it

Edited by chief

I don’t think I’ve seen instructions for SimAppPro.

The only vJoy issues I had were it insisting on creating extra vJoy devices. If you reboot and don’t open SimAppPro again it should be ok if you set your vJoy devices as desired in vJoy Config.

If that doesn’t work, I’d suggest you uninstall both it and SimAppPro and set up SimAppPro first before installing vJoy, that way it can’t affect it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

I tried to mess around with SimAppPro but it is too painful without clear instructions. It seems to be a pretty sophisticated app with various cloud profiles that you can use and share. It also utilizes vJoy, and can do complex macros.

I'm not willing to sink time into this unless there's a user guide, since I can do everything I need with joystick gremlin right now. It would've been nice if I don't have to run joystick gremlin though since that is an extra process.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

SimAppPro has been stable and worked fined for me, but it has two problems that keep me from using it:

1) It wants to startup up with Windows no matter what I set the preference to, so I had to disable startup through the Windows task manager... no biggie, but annoying.

2) It wants to phone home. Why on earth would I need a joystick configuration program that wants to be online 24/7? Checking for updates and having the option to scope out cloud profiles is nice, but it doesn't require a continuous connection to the internet. Combined with the always starts with windows problem, it leaves me somewhat suspicious.

I have run DCS World with and without SimAppPro. If the only difference is whether the APU light turns on and off when flying the Hornet, I can live without it. I don't need any fancy macros. I tend to edit DCS input LUA files when I need customization.

So it is a cool looking app and can do a lot, but I simply don't need it to enjoy my throttle and startup panel.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

streakeagle, do all the buttons and switches map in DCS without using the software / messing with lua files?

For example on the thrustmaster warthog throttle, a lot of button positions are not recognized (especially 3 way switches) unless you used target or did a lot of lua editing.

streakeagle, do all the buttons and switches map in DCS without using the software / messing with lua files?

For example on the thrustmaster warthog throttle, a lot of button positions are not recognized (especially 3 way switches) unless you used target or did a lot of lua editing.

I used my TM Warthog stick and throttle without Target. The only thing missing were off positions of two way and three way toggle switches. I used LUA edits to solve that for modules that didn't provide mappings that supported the Warthog's throttle switches.

The Wingwing Hornet throttle and startup panels have dx buttons for nearly every single thing. There are more than 32 buttons, so you can't see them all in the windows game controller tool. But DCS World sees everything. What SimAppPro gives you are a lot of options in case you want things different than default. You can do all kinds of crazy customization with it. It is about as powerful/useful of writing your own Target scripts. I did't need Target and so far I don't need this.

You can get some idea about the kinds of things people are doing/problems they are solving by using SimAppPro by reading some of the posts withing this forum. A good case is the lack of a switch to sense the position of the generator switch cover. The game won't let you move the switch until you open the cover. So it is important for the game to know that you want the cover open so that you can use the switch at will without having to press a key or use the mouse. With a little work, SimAppPro can be used to generate the inputs needed to have the cover open and close automatically when you move the generator toggle switch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah I hear you, I don't run target either (hence why I don't want to have to run simapppro before I launch DCS). I was hoping all the button positions would be treated as individual DX inputs, which it sounds like they are.

Hearing that the app tries to start with windows and phones home is a non-starter for me.

Thanks!

It is really nice to have dx buttons triggered by the off or center positions of switches. Much more flexible than the Warthog throttle when dealing with the random switch mapping strategies of the different DCS aircraft modules.

There are a couple of areas where I don't get a dx button indication but would have liked one:

1) the idle finger lifts. It's only use is to animate them in the game, but they did so for the friction lever, so why not the finger lifts? The DCS Hornet has inputs mapped for them.

2) the idle cutoff switches. When you go to idle, you get a button, but when you leave idle, there is not dx button for this "off" position. Some aircraft need a button that tells it the throttle is no longer in idle, some even have two positions other than idle stop. In many cases, I can use an LUA script to make the single button cause the desired action when it turns off. But if I simply had a dx button that went high when the throttle is not at cutoff, that would be one less script I would have to update after every patch.

The only other thing I might ask for are two buttons reporting the opened/closed status of the generator switch cover that has been discussed quite a bit in its own topic.

The Wingwing throttle out of the box without using any software is everything I would have hoped it would be. The above two complaints only arise out of seeing what they already did with all of the other switches, knobs, etc.

There is a small penalty for swapping to out the Warthog throttle for the Hornet throttle: the available controls and their physical arrangement on the grips are substantially different. The only way to really solve this would be to have multiple sets of throttle grips depending on the aircraft type, much as I have been able to do with the stick grips.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For throttle OFF/IDLE, there is a nice solution with joystick gremlin. You can map throttle OFF in DCS setting or with joystick gremlin. Joystick gremlin can recognize button release state, so I just map keyboard commands for throttle IDLE in joystick gremlin (need to use map macro for this to work). This way your physical throttle will always match in-game throttle no matter what position. I also do this with the Warthog throttle.

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

For throttle OFF/IDLE, there is a nice solution with joystick gremlin. You can map throttle OFF in DCS setting or with joystick gremlin. Joystick gremlin can recognize button release state, so I just map keyboard commands for throttle IDLE in joystick gremlin (need to use map macro for this to work). This way your physical throttle will always match in-game throttle no matter what position. I also do this with the Warthog throttle.

I hate using key mapping because it can result in conflicts. That is one reason I never used Target. There were never enough dx buttons available to cover the virtual combined stick/throttle controller and pushing different buttons with key maps could result in unwanted behavior.

The VKB configurations software works the way I would prefer: I make the changes I would like using the full range of available DX button assignments, then burn it into the firmware of the stick, so no software additional software needs to be running to utilize my custom configurations.

I haven't played with the SimAppPro to see what I can do, but I am guessing it needs to be running to use its custom configuration options?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What I found about SimAppPro is that it wants to you to install vjoy 2.1.8 in order to work properly. I was using version 2.1.9 beta and had to downgrade for compatibility with binding. After that the app will force set 3 vJoy devices 1-3 with 8 identical axes, 128 buttons, 4 continuous POVs. Now this can a problem because joystick gremlin will give an error as it can't differentiate among these identical virtual devices. I had to reduce # of buttons on virtual device 2 and 3 to different numbers (say 127 and 126--device 1 has 128 buttons), and afterward joystick gremlin runs properly.

I haven't messed around much with SimAppPro's binding but it seems to favor pure DX inputs. Support for button press/release/hold/pulse is in there, so 1:1 throttle mapping should be possible. So if you don't like key mapping, this might be the way to go. I haven't tried it myself since joystick gremlin has been perfect for me, but the options are there.

And yes, you need to run it for full functionality. And it will also force set 3 vjoy devices.

I also think that you should be able to set joystick gremlin to activate a DX input (for throttle idle), when the throttle axis is all the way back to zero position.

Edited by Supmua

OK I managed to get joystick gremlin to work with throttle idle from off position without keymapping, and this is without messing around with axis conversion.

This requires turning two preexisting DX input buttons into two virtual buttons, which have to be borrowed from somewhere. So I bind Fire Test A and B buttons on the throttle panel as vJoy button 1 and 2. Then the rest is pretty much the same as what I outlined in the above post from within the throttle tab in joystick gremlin, just change from macro keyboard input to macro vjoy 1 button 1 press followed by vjoy 1 button 1 release [upon throttle OFF release]--and the same thing for button 2. Then in DCS setting just bind the corresponding buttons to throttle idle (either from throttle panel tab or vJoy tab).

Anyway, since I don't like to sacrifice any of my (unused) buttons in case of future need I'm still going to be using keyboard mapping for throttle idle function.

Edited by Supmua

Simapppro

Is there a way to edit the cloud Winwing profile? this SimAppPro really needs some video tutorials

I haven’t tried to change profile so not sure. The software side seems early access for avg consumers at the moment even though the hardware side is complete and quite excellent. The good news is that you only need it for initial setup and calibration.

Mine has been off since I don’t need it beyond changing certain axis to button and LED light setting.

It seems that the profile editor has not been created yet.

But one cool feature i saw is that you can create a profile from the DCS bindings.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• 1 year later...

This software needs some serious work. No way am I going to have to "Sign In", leave the app running, and to have these scripts or whatever enabled. Now I can't login to 'Winwing' for some reason and have no support from the GUI or any help. I did an un-install and a re-install, still can't login to my 'winwing' account, so this program is DEAD.

Technically as a test program it's works great to test your panels.

One big issue with me is you have to be LOGGED IN to use the app and sync your LED indicators on your TO and LDG panels. No offline mode? Feel like I have real China jeebies right about... now.

---

Edited by Noluck
added content

PC: Windows 10 Pro X64, AMD FX8120 8 Core @ ~4.0GHz, 32GB DDR3-1600, GTX 1080 8Gb, 1 TB EVO 860 SSD | Displays: 3 Dell HD 1920x1080 @ 5520x1080 windowed ||| Hardware : TM Warthog HOTAS Stick+Throttle | 3x TM Cougar MFD's | WW Combat Panel | WW Landing Panel ||| Mods: F/A-18C | F-16 | P51-D | UH-1H | C130-J | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Syria | Channel | Normandy | WWII Assets | Super Carrier | Combined Arms