My personal take on the may 22 patch

For me with a middle of the road system,it allowed me to make it 50% prettier,and equally smoother. I have good frames(constant 30-35 ish with an HDD) in black shark with shadows(flat) and high textures for terrian/aircraft,but mostly I'm able to use anti-aliasing which I never could before.Game is smooth with no stutter.To achieve this I had to do 3 important things, 1...delete the shaders, 2...defrag the install folder and finally 3...use the autoexec.cfg with the "no_device_hotplug = true" entry.

If Kate had anything to do with this (and I'm thinking about her Spaghetti code comment)...kisses,and thanks.I Just had to say something.:)

Edited by Raven434th

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

Bitter sweet irony...after I posted this ,went in to start a new campaign in the Su-25T and the game froze solid. The same thing I reported pre patch.Wingman asked to engage primary Targets and RTB...boom lock up.:mad:

But it looked good frozen on my screen...

Edited by Raven434th

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

use the autoexec.cfg with the "no_device_hotplug = true" entry..:)

Is this a DCSW setting or Windows? And what effect does it cause please?

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

For me with a middle of the road system,it allowed me to make it 50% prettier,and equally smoother. I have good frames(constant 30-35 ish with an HDD) in black shark with shadows(flat) and high textures for terrian/aircraft,but mostly I'm able to use anti-aliasing which I never could before.Game is smooth with no stutter.To achieve this I had to do 3 important things, 1...delete the shaders, 2...defrag the install folder and finally 3...use the autoexec.cfg with the "no_device_hotplug = true" entry.

If Kate had anything to do with this (and I'm thinking about her Spaghetti code comment)...kisses,and thanks.I Just had to say something.:)

Could you explain how to do 1 and 2? Assume shaders is a folder somewhere?

And no idea what "defrag" is lol

Could you explain how to do 1 and 2? Assume shaders is a folder somewhere?

And no idea what "defrag" is lol

Dude how old are you for not knowing what a defrag is? music_whistling.gif

1 empty fxo and metashaders2 folders located in your saved games/DCS.open beta folder

2 degrag only needed if you are using old HDD drives... if you are using new SSD drives disregard.

Cheers

PS: to launch defrag (if need it) hit the Windows Start Key (window key on your keyboard) located between Left Control and Left Alt, and then, type "defrag". It will the show the "Defragment and Optimize Drives" App.

Dude how old are you for not knowing what a defrag is? music_whistling.gif

1 empty fxo and metashaders2 folders located in your saved games/DCS.open beta folder

2 degrag only needed if you are using old HDD drives... if you are using new SSD drives disregard.

Cheers

PS: to launch defrag (if need it) hit the Windows Start Key (window key on your keyboard) located between Left Control and Left Alt, and then, type "defrag". It will the show the "Defragment and Optimize Drives" App.

Ah thanks, yeah I use an SSD. I did the above but havn't notices any difference really.

• 2 weeks later...

The latest patch totally negates my original post.I can no longer stay above the 25 fps threshold at the same settings.