[LATER IN EA] JDAM AUTO ignoring QTY

LastRifleRound

QTY is only used when you need to attack the same target with multiple weapons. If you need to release multiple weapons on different targets, they should be released individually.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

QTY is only used when you need to attack the same target with multiple weapons. If you need to release multiple weapons on different targets, they should be released individually.

Not correct. QTY can be and is used for multiple aim points at once. It works this way already if you have PP’s set up. The problem is the display of IZLARs and AUTO mode.

Documentation says AUTO mode should plot a solution for all targets in QTY in AUTO mode. This and the HUD symbology are key differences between MAN and AUTO. Both modes will display IZLAR, for AUTO that's for all targets, for MAN it's active station only.

ED confirmed this, a while back I posted this was missing and they said wait for AUTO mode.

ED confirmed this, a while back I posted this was missing and they said wait for AUTO mode.

Gotcha, I was operating back on the previous implementation in MAN mode, good to see it's been worked on. I'm reading a refresher on Multiple-Target QRM Mode.

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Sweet, I didn't realize that we got the capability to attack different targets with QTY, I thought they only added AUTO release. Does AUTO support multiple releases at different targets using QTY only in PP or in TOO as well?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Sweet, I didn't realize that we got the capability to attack different targets with QTY, I thought they only added AUTO release. Does AUTO support multiple releases at different targets using QTY only in PP or in TOO as well?

Just PP I believe. But that was there before last week as well, multiple QTY with one pickle in PP has been in since beginning.

Just PP I believe. But that was there before last week as well, multiple QTY with one pickle in PP has been in since beginning.

Not entirely. One pickle will release all in zone bombs if you happen to be in zone for all bombs. However symbology will be for the active station only. Most people don't notice because the targets tend to be pretty close to one another. AUTO should give IZLAR for all bombs in QTY. One IZLAR that is the overlapped area of all the individual IZLARs. Think the center of a venn diagram

Not entirely. One pickle will release all in zone bombs if you happen to be in zone for all bombs. However symbology will be for the active station only. Most people don't notice because the targets tend to be pretty close to one another. AUTO should give IZLAR for all bombs in QTY. One IZLAR that is the overlapped area of all the individual IZLARs. Think the center of a venn diagram

Ok, thanks. Since we don’t have any IZLAR showing at all at the moment, it’s hard to tell what what’s going on with relative IZLAR sizes, QTY or not.

Man, my bug reports always end up here....

To be clear, it seems auto mode will not be completed any time soon then, and what you were actually intending to release was auto hud symbology and individual izlars that react to term parameters. Please let me know exactly what we should be able to do and expect for the 06/03 release regarding jdams so I can test properly and not issue bug reports for features that are not yet finished.

To be clear, it seems auto mode will not be completed any time soon then, and what you were actually intending to release was auto hud symbology and individual izlars that react to term parameters. Please let me know exactly what we should be able to do and expect for the 06/03 release regarding jdams so I can test properly and not issue bug reports for features that are not yet finished.

My sympathies are with you. It's frustrating because it's impossible to know what is theoretically supposed to be complete and what is coming in the near or distant future when the person that moved this thread doesn't explain why it is a feature that should be "wished for" and not something that should be fixed. I'd say wait for the patch notes on June 3rd and test exactly the features that those patch notes include. Then if you need to report anything, no one can say it's a "Wish" because the patch notes clearly say that whatever the feature is, should be implemented.

My sympathies are with you. It's frustrating because it's impossible to know what is theoretically supposed to be complete and what is coming in the near or distant future when the person that moved this thread doesn't explain why it is a feature that should be "wished for" and not something that should be fixed. I'd say wait for the patch notes on June 3rd and test exactly the features that those patch notes include. Then if you need to report anything, no one can say it's a "Wish" because the patch notes clearly say that whatever the feature is, should be implemented.

My sympathies also. More clarification on patch notes would be good or even, dare I say it, additions to the manual, would be most welcome. It seems the normal Wags video was missing on this too. Referencing the real world manual is a minefield of frustration too......too much missing in DCS.

My guess is that ED know these features are far from complete and won't do a video until then. I think even a mistake was made with this build, and a dev (Mr Pitts?) came on here to apologise. Hoping for a more functional AUTO mode next week........