Some PC Build Questions BIOS, BIOS Battery change, Best Nvidia driver.

Am slowly accumulating all the bits and pieces I need to build my next PC. Just need some information regards BIOS update and BIOS battery replacement.

Want to replace the BIOS battery as this MOBO has been sitting on shelf for about 9 months or so. and most MOBO makers provide cheap CR2032 3VOLT BIOS battery. Want to replace it with good quality Seiko, Maxell battery. I know they last a long time especially when one does not power off PC often, Getting to battery is somewhat tedious as requires removal of Graphic card and other PCI slot cards as battery sits under a heat sink plate. So before I put those other cards into PC want to replace with brand new one with full charge and should last long time.

QUESTION 1. Can I simply remove the battery now with the MOBO still brand new and not installed or powered at all?? without messing up the BIOS.

My understanding is removal of the battery will simply reset the BIOS to default settings which is what it will be anyway before battery change; as BIOS has not been user configured. Is it safe to do this.

QUESTION 2. Once the PC is put together as in MOBO, CPU (NO ONBOARD GRAPHICS WITH CPU), RAM, GPU and PSU and Monitor so I can access the BIOS screen I will then update the BIOS to the latest version. Is it a good idea to update the BIOS before install of Windows10/64bit?

QUESTION 3. My new PC will have: G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB 32GB (2x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz 16-16-16-36 RAM, MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION MOBO, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core AM4 Processor, MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Duke OC 11GB GPU, W10-64bit OS on Samsung 970 Pro Series 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD and DCS on another Samsung 970 Pro Series 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD…….question is does anybody have a similar setup and which Nvidia graphic driver are they using which is stable…Any ideas what is the best driver for me??

Thanks Gary

Update Bios before you install is what I would do. It's a fairly new chipset and a new Bios may cure some quirks you could encounter.

Your mobo can flash the Bios "blank" w/o anything installed. I would still install the HW and hook up the screen and do it from within Bios. Doing it without any CPU and GPU installed is something I would not do if I dont know the board well and had no real need to. With monitor to check it's safer imho.

Give it time, it can take a while, 3-5min.

SOme site note & story:

** Flashing a Server PSU Bios can take up to 90min, if you dont know that and cycle the power...well...you just broke a server grade PSU for a LOT of money, yihaa***

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X