Night Lighting

capthaltli

When flying a CASE III at night, the Lineup Light is extremely bright in VR from 10NM out, but the carrier is not visible at all, the landing area and IFLOLS only become visible at 1NM. They just seem to appear or pop into existence. This was not the case with the Stennis, you could see the ball and the deck lights >1NM.

Anyone else seeing this and is there a way to reduce the bloom and brightness of the lineup light and increase the Landing area lights and IFLOLS draw distance?

[sIGPIC] "GOONIE" [/sIGPIC]

"GOONIE"

CSG-1 VFA-25

Ya I posted about this in the VR subforum but no response from anyone at ED. I think they are trying to iron out the lighting issues from another post I saw from Bignewy or Nineline. Lighting is not uniform in 2d vs 3d gaming it seems. So right now the view distance of deck lights and ball is bad but the ball is super bright once you do see it making it hard to tell if it is high or low. Then in 2d monitor gaming I have seen people say the ball is not bright enough but deck lighting can be seen from much farther away. I just don't bother with night ops right now even though it is fun. In my VR with gamma 2.5 It is still like flying in an ink bottle it is so black.

I think if some of the real life carrier pilots on the board chimed in they will say it is in fact really dark out there especially on moonless or cloudy nights. Also I do not think the deck lights are bright at all and are hard to make out to begin with. It is scary stuff I would think. Nothing like coming into land on a airfield in a city at night which I have done in real life and it is not a big deal. You can see a lot due to the light pollution.

We just need to be patient and realize that they are going to sort these things out at some point, and it is early access. People tend to forget that early access means we have to put up with weird stuff for awhile.

Edited by BMGZ06

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

To give a decent idea of what it looks like in real life but it is an old video and the camera is likely showing it a bit darker than it actually is. Still though it aint like coming into land at LAX for sure:)

Edited by BMGZ06

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

To give a decent idea of what it looks like in real life but it is an old video and the camera is likely showing it a bit darker than it actually is. Still though it aint like coming into land at LAX for sure:)

Thanks for sharing that. I note the Ball was really hard to see until that last minute too.

Thanks for sharing that. I note the Ball was really hard to see until that last minute too.

I am sure it was a brighter in real life but the camera they used was likely not adjusted properly to show it how is actually looks in real life.