[CANNOT REPRODUCE] AP BALT and RALT not working

Nealius

A/P --> BALT = no colon next to BALT, autopilot behaves as if in ATTH.

A/P --> RALT = no colon next to RALT, autopilot behaves as if in ATTH.

A/P ATTH and HSEL work fine. Both get colons, and both enter the correct autopilot modes.

Edited by Nealius

Pretty sure I used A/P BALT few days ago without any issues (running latest OB version)

Used it in straight flight and for orbiting the marshal stack. Also saw the colon next to it.

Did you try cleanup/repair?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

No deadzone on my stick since I run a 20cm extension, but my right hand is typically not touching the stick at all when I have to use the mouse anyway.

So far I've mainly been doing multiplayer. I'll have to cross-check singleplayer to see if it's an MP issue.

Working fine in here using latest open beta. Recheck keybind (if using them) and make sure you have a slight deadzone. 2 works well for TMWH. Cheers

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

Can't add a deadzone or curves to my extension without messing up the handling.

I found the cause.

dNVzYDV.png

With my stick naturally centered, it is a fraction of a millimeter left and forward, which is apparently enough to cause BALT/RALT to fail to engage, but at the same time ATTH engages (without the colon displayed). So I am able to apply nearly 50% aft stick without any pitch change, then suddenly the AP is overridden and my nose shoots up.

If I put the stick EXACTLY center, BALT/RALT works fine. It's way too sensitive.

Can't add a deadzone or curves to my extension without messing up the handling.

I found the cause.

dNVzYDV.png

With my stick naturally centered, it is a fraction of a millimeter left and forward, which is apparently enough to cause BALT/RALT to fail to engage, but at the same time ATTH engages (without the colon displayed). So I am able to apply nearly 50% aft stick without any pitch change, then suddenly the AP is overridden and my nose shoots up.

If I put the stick EXACTLY center, BALT/RALT works fine. It's way too sensitive.

Try adding a deadzone of only 1 or 2. You'll likely not notice it yourself, but it'll help, also with inadvertent minor inputs. I have a dzone of only 1, for example and I never have a problem with the autopilot.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

To me this seems like building in some deadzone automatically into the Auto Pilot mode in the hornet rather than into the control input curves is one of those seemingly minor changes that have a large quality-of-life improvement to the game.

While it may not be the way that the real hornet behaves, the real hornet also isn't being flown with a huge variety of consumer grade joysticks in a variety of different physical setups.

There are a lot of similar instances where we have to sacrifice 100% fidelity to allow DCS being a computer game running on a variety of hardware. Trimmer behaviour in helicopters, or the Hornets HMDs transmitting only into a single eye for VR users come to mind for instance as examples.

Edited by [Rob]
  • Like 1