TGP Offset Cursor

AstonMartinDBS

With the today's OB Update 2.5.6.49718 the TGP got an Offset Cursor. Some things I found out so far:

• OPR - able to slew the TGP - TDC Depress = designates a target (i. e. transferring coordinates to selected JDAM station) [same behaviour as before]
  • ATRK - unable to slew the TGP - TDC Depress = activates the offset cursor - Slew affects the cursor only - TDC Depress again = designates a target
  • PTRK - works analogue to ATRK mode

Undesignate doesn't undesignate a designated target anymore and the TGP stays in last position. I didn't find out, how to get the TGP back into boresight.

Cage/Uncage stows the TGP @180° positon.

I was also unable to re-designate (another) WP with the WPDSGN OSB via HSI. Last target designation seems to stay permanent.

On a test run with 4 JDAMs on 4 stations (1 each) for 4 targets OPR mode worked as before. In ATRK mode (using the offset cursor for target designation) different coordinates have been transferred to each station but none of the 4 JDAMs hitted a target. I've forgot to save the track... :(

It seems, the TGP is still tough WIP and I hope we'll get a tutorial soon.

Edited by AstonMartinDBS

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

Getting PTRK to track a moving target is now very tricky. Is that supposed to be that way?

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

At the moment, it doesn't appear the we have the ability to properly designate an offset position to its true position because we currently have no way to obtain the new slant range. If we wanted to laser range it, the pod would need to look at it, defeating the purpose of the offset. The only other ways to obtain the range would be to radar range it (if within gimbal limit), or calculate it with digital terrain data based on the angular offset from the pod's present LOS (if that's even a function the Hornet can perform).

As AstonMartin said, pretty sure the pod is WIP, so we can probably expect changes down the line.

offset_aiming_range.png.1584699afe857cefc2d80a02ce185b34.png

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Yeah, I too encountered these issues after talking to a fellow pilot on FB about it. Where everything was working kinda reliantly yesterday, now I too have issues getting it to correctly undesignate targets and return to slewable modes in PTRK and ATRK, with about the same issues as the OP has. Forgot that it doesn't autosave SP tracks, so I got none at hand, can supply it tomorrow though, if needed.

A video of me mumbling here:

(I was trying to help out the aforementioned fb fellow pilot with it, since it worked yesterday and I thought I had it down).

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Agreed, I've had the same issue this evening. TGP seems a bit "broken". I have no way of getting back to boresight mode, I also noticed the offset cursor with PTRK. Also WPDSG no longer sems to slew the TGP to the selected waypoint. Was working as expected up until 49718.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Agreed, I've had the same issue this evening. TGP seems a bit "broken". I have no way of getting back to boresight mode, I also noticed the offset cursor with PTRK. Also WPDSG no longer sems to slew the TGP to the selected waypoint. Was working as expected up until 49718.

yeah now when in PTRK after lock anywhere in a area we can move the cross + and point to any movers /depress /and the maverick will follow the target moving , not the TGP , however we can see the seeker following...after weapon release , we loose track with mav seeker , however it will hit the target..sooo weird!!!

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

Trying to use the TPOD today was very frustrating to say the least. I guess we will be flying missions that don't require it for a while till they can get it fixed.

I consider it unusable!

It isn't unusable, at some points it just needs a hearty kick to get back to being slewable. Usually caging it and then returning to one of the other modes does the trick for me. It is certainly a workaround.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Same feeling here :joystick:

If you go into FLIR mode and designate it tracks pretty much 100% of the time, in CCD it is allot more tricky. I tend to use CCD to identify the right target and the switch to FLIR for point track mode.

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

If you want to slew the pod you need to break area track or point track using sensor control switch towards the FLIR page (once if you are in point track or twice if you are in area track)

Santi, can you give some info regarding when should the OFFSET cursor is effective?

What's it purpose. I notice that although I can't slew - i can move the OFFSET cursor... Then, by breaking the track - it moves to where the OFFSET cursor was located.

What's the operation idea of this feature? Thanks!

If you want to slew the pod you need to break area track or point track using sensor control switch towards the FLIR page (once if you are in point track or twice if you are in area track)

That is very helpful! Thank you, looking forward to the finished thing and all HOTAS controls! :)

My squadron mates were doing some training with it tonight and we think they messed with the TGP in preparation for the ground attack radar. It’s similar to when they were going to release the super carrier, the update right before that messed up the normal carrier ops.

It is definitely frustrating but not unusable. I’ve heard the 3rd of June update is supposed to release the radar, so maybe then it will be fixed.

Intel I9-9900k, Gigabyte AORUS Ultra, 64GB G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 3200, EVGA 2080Ti, Samsung M.2 960 Pro 512, Samsung M.2 960 Pro 1TB, MCG, Vipril, TM Controls, SLAW device rudders, Obutto Revolution, Valve Index

Why no video from ED on this functionality?

Because its not yet finished, but will be shortly

at first, I thought HUD cursor has come but meh :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

towards the FLIR page?

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

Undesignate doesn't undesignate a designated target anymore and the TGP stays in last position. I didn't find out, how to get the TGP back into boresight.

Yea, it's still buggy. There is a method to this madness tho' (undesignating): Press cage then VVSL (pinky). Without tgt designated I could switch between Snowplow and VVSL with 'pinky' (double click in quick succesion:noexpression:)

Is it just me, as well as the issues outlined in the posts above, I also can't WPDSG and have the TGP automatically slew to the preset WPT. Is this a newly introduced bug or has the behaviour been changed on purpose?

I'm not doing anything differently from before. Cage/Uncage doesn't return the TGP to bore sight mode and even if I switch from AG -> AA -> AG the TGP uncages but all I still can't WPDSG to get it to automatically slew. It is pretty useless in it's current state, so I hope it is just a series of bugs rather than "new behaviour" :joystick:

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero