[ALREADY REPORTED]GBU/Laser Guided Bombs land long agains command center

fatboypilot

I tested all three variants, GBU-10/12/16, with the Hornet and every time I targeted the Command Center they all land long. I also tested the GBU-10/12 in the F-16 and A-10C modules and they also land long against the Command Center. I think it has to be an issue with the antennas on top of the command center. I tried the bombs with all three modules two different maps, the Persian Gulf map and Caucuses.

• 1 month later...

Noticing the same problem with the Hornet's guided munitions- the AGM-84E SLAM, AGM-62 Walleye, and AGM-154 JSOW. Even with the MITL weapons, the result is the same: the weapon "locks" onto a point above the bunker (probably because the antennas raise the center of the hitbox into the air). Walleyes will absolutely refuse to hit the bunker and will land just behind it.

Trackfile is attached. As shown in the trackfile, the Walleye is aimed directly at the top of the bunker, but the weapon is actually flying at a point above the bunker. It misses the antennas and explodes slightly behind the bunker.

You can even see the camera being "grabbed" upwards at the last moment as the camera reaches its gimbal limit in the last 1/4 second of flight time.

server-20200630-083015.trk

• ED Team

Hi all

this is reported,

it seems the mast or cables are creating a problem for laser / tv guided weapons

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2