[W.I.P]Major TGP bugs on todays release

lboothby

1: (Intermittant), power from standby to on, pod locks full aft position. Cycle standby to on, and then pod slews foward.

2: VVSL button gone.

3: (Intermittent), pod will not slew. A very small cross cursor slews around the screen but the primary cross will not move. Cycle into PTRAK then ATRAK and it will slew.

4: System will not drop designated target after all weapons are released. Target designation carrot and arrow stays in HUD in all master modes.

5: When you enter LST mode the screen goes to solid green with a large cross in the center. When the system acquires the buddy laser the screen changes to the camera view. When you release the SLT mode you have to select PTRAK then ATRACK to slew the pod.

6: When you select air 2 air master mode it brings up the TGP in the left DDI. It is the same if you select any air to air weapon on the stick

All of this is on USLANTCOM multiplayer server. Track file is 166mb. I have the file but can't load it because of size. If you have an alternative send me a PM.

Most of these are already fixed internally, but I'll go through it and have a look in case we missed any of them. Thanks!

Can you let us know which points of OP are really bugs or not? I think point 3 for example is no bug.

Stay safe

I've experienced most of these issues as well.

But there also seems to be this target designation way off in the distance as soon as I power the thing on and I can't undesignate it and find my own targets. Yet when I hit A/A mode and the FLIR comes up on the left DDI, then I'm able to slave the pod and designate targets mostly as normal (even then the VVSLV mode points to the exact opposite place it should be pointing).

It's so broken right now it's actually kind of funny.

Thrustmaster T.16000M HOTAS - i7-9700K - MSI GTX 1060 6GB (waiting for a sale) - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB M.2 SSD - ASRock Z390 Pro4 - Corsair 275R

F/A-18C - F-14B - F-16C - Spitfire

Yes - unusable at the moment. The designated point on the SA page is saying the pointer is way off to port (for example) whilst the same indicator on the FLIR page shows it off to Starboard. It appears to be operating in the opposite sense.

I do not understand why such a patch is issued, how it breaks more than improves? If what is deemed erroneous takes on another meaning when the A / G radar appears. There is still no point in something like this coming out as the radar is missing.

Yes - unusable at the moment. The designated point on the SA page is saying the pointer is way off to port (for example) whilst the same indicator on the FLIR page shows it off to Starboard. It appears to be operating in the opposite sense.
I found that it gets messed up when you use Decenter.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

They also did not notice the problem with the amount of "BAR" on the radar. Maybe they have different priorities than such small things.

I'm starting to learn new things at TGP, there are some problems, but I'm getting used to it. If I get used to it, they will definitely change something again, ha ha ha :).

• ED Team
Closed beta team don’t see all this bug before release on OB ?

Please stop with the smart comments.

It is early access and TGP is work in progress, changes are being made.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I hardly think it’s unusable. But definitely some weird behavior.

1) Re: JDAMs

- in PP mode without a target TGP is in snowplow. Entering a valid PP target doesn’t change this. Hitting WPDSG with or Without a PP target slaves the pod to the WP.

-In TOO mode with no designation the pod slews to some mystery location far away. Designating a waypoint slews the pod to the waypoint. After that the pod will not undesignate back to snowplow unless you select PP mode. If you drop your JDAMs in TOO, you can no longer undesignate. You can still reset it to a waypoint (with a caveat), but no more snowplow. This stuck designation persists if changing weapons

- If the pod is masked and MEM is displayed, you cannot exit ATRK or PTRK. The pod will only reset to a waypoint if in OPR (no tracking mode), so once masked you’re essentially bricked. This may be related to the pod getting stuck looking at 180.

- Last, kind of unrelated. LMAV will not pick up the laser if you’ve dropped a different weapon. I haven’t tested this much but in the previous tests I dropped a GBU-38 then tried to use my LMAV. L/TDR was displayed, codes were matching, Mav would not pick up the laser. It seemed to grab it as I broke off my approach, but only once the target was near or past the seeker head circle on the Mav video display. It also lost lock quickly. If I tried to use the Mav before using other weapons, it worked.

I need to check my tracks this evening to see what I captured, but I can post them later

Please stop with the smart comments.

It is early access and TGP is work in progress, changes are being made.

thanks

I didn't think that was out of line at all. Fact is the 3 biggest items in the past two releases are full of bugs (amraam mid-course, jdam auto, tpod adds). Some of them (jdams auto) do not work at all.

All bugs were easy to find by just attempting to use the feature as normal.

This means either the team didn't catch them, or they did and the update was released anyway. If we can't speak obvious truths devoid of any name calling or denegration then it's unclear what kinds of crticisms, if any, are allowed on here.

I tend to think the team found the errors and reported them. The SC release and performance enhancements are excellent and seem to have been well tested. Also, in the bug section, some of the team is commenting many things are fixed internally already, which indicates they're doing their job well.

The release notes are wrong or incomplete in my opinion, and that is what is causing this. We're not seeing any communication and are being asked to submit track files and post bug reports for these things.

Put yourself in our shoes. This hornet feature update is a month late and ranges from not working (jdams, amraam) to breaking existing functionality (tpod). There is no high level communication acknowledging any of this is going on.

It's like the testers knew this stuff wasn't working and reported it but ED is acting like they're new bugs and didn't know about them. It's confusing.

We're your open beta test team, myself and other active users here, and we like helping you guys figure stuff out. I dedicate a lot of time testing and reoporting. Now, I have no idea what I should bother reporting or not. You haven't even told us how some of this stuff is supposed to work (offset cursor) so I can't even tell you if it's working or not.

Hope I don't strike a nerve here. Just want to help out but that's getting more difficult lately. I miss Wags!

Edited by LastRifleRound

I came here to report the TGP bugs, but all the ones I've found have already been listed here comprehensively already.

On a side note there's some daylight between the patch notes as they relate to the TGP and how it actually functions post patch. It might pay to review patch notes prior to release to make sure it's reconciled correctly.

I don't test for bugs, but when I do I do it in production.

I didn't think that was out of line at all. Fact is the 3 biggest items in the past two releases are full of bugs (amraam mid-course, jdam auto, tpod adds). Some of them (jdams auto) do not work at all.

All bugs were easy to find by just attempting to use the feature as normal.

This means either the team didn't catch them, or they did and the update was released anyway. If we can't speak obvious truths devoid of any name calling or denegration then it's unclear what kinds of criticisms, if any, are allowed on here.

I tend to think the team found the errors and reported them. The SC release and performance enhancements are excellent and seem to have been well tested. Also, in the bug section, some of the team is commenting many things are fixed internally already, which indicates they're doing their job well.

The release notes are wrong or incomplete in my opinion, and that is what is causing this. We're not seeing any communication and are being asked to submit track files and post bug reports for these things.

Put yourself in our shoes. This hornet feature update is a month late and ranges from not working (jdams, amraam) to breaking existing functionality (tpod). There is no high level communication acknowledging any of this is going on.

It's like the testers knew this stuff wasn't working and reported it but ED is acting like they're new bugs and didn't know about them. It's confusing.

We're your open beta test team, myself and other active users here, and we like helping you guys figure stuff out. I dedicate a lot of time testing and reoporting. Now, I have no idea what I should bother reporting or not. You haven't even told us how some of this stuff is supposed to work (offset cursor) so I can't even tell you if it's working or not.

Hope I don't strike a nerve here. Just want to help out but that's getting more difficult lately. I miss Wags!

I support you 100% in every line you wrote. I hope the time we dedicate to submit bug reports (most of them end up being true) is welcome by the staff and if we have a critic comment it can be welcome as well. It isn't now.

Stay safe

Have all the bugs in this thread been moved to stable with today's update to Stable Version DCS 2.5.6.49798 ?

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

Have all the bugs in this thread been moved to stable with today's update to Stable Version DCS 2.5.6.49798 ?

Yes, for all the people complaining Stable hasn't had a update - now you get to deal with all the bugs still in 2.5.6.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Yes, for all the people complaining Stable hasn't had a update - now you get to deal with all the bugs still in 2.5.6.

I...I just don't understand how they can consider this worthy of being branded "stable"... I'm sure this is going to make the mods angry, but this is simply not stable simulator behavior that should be released to the branch that is considered "stable." It is a feature that is not behaving as intended and should not be included with the branch that ED considers stable.

I...I just don't understand how they can consider this worthy of being branded "stable"... I'm sure this is going to make the mods angry, but this is simply not stable simulator behavior that should be released to the branch that is considered "stable." It is a feature that is not behaving as intended and should not be included with the branch that ED considers stable.

Over the years we have gotten used to the word stable meaning "it doesn't crash or have an impediment to run". So the bugs are not the standard of quality here. Standards are more about code complexity and stuff. I hate it, but it is what it is and we have to respect that.

Stay safe

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4357074&postcount=82

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2