BRM-1 been asked before no doubt

Blinky.ben

feel free to blast me if this has been suggested a million time before.

but my understanding of the problem with the BRM-1 at the moment is that the rockets is meant to spin while also laser spotting. but due to ED not having that type of guidance Deka has instead used the same as the vikers (Can't remember how to spell them) and used beam riding instead.

however instead of having the correct graphics for the rocket spinning can Deka not have the correct guidance for it to laser spotting and not spin, instead of beam riding and spinning . So when ED get around to adding the feature that is missing then add the correct graphics instead?

VIKHR.

I don't quite understand why Deka went for form over function. They wanted an accurate rocket, and initially they achieved that, but other things got changed and now the cons out-weigh the pros of their approach.

I think the guidance is the most crititcal part. Not so much whether it is spinning.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

VIKHR.

I don't quite understand why Deka went for form over function. They wanted an accurate rocket, and initially they achieved that, but other things got changed and now the cons out-weigh the pros of their approach.

I think the guidance is the most crititcal part. Not so much whether it is spinning.

100% agree. Deka seem very approachable and willing to change things that are within reason. So Deka is this an option?

Edited by Blinky.ben

I for one don't care at all whether the BRMs spin properly. They're so small and fast that the effect isnt noticeable. If much prefer that they work more like small laser mavericks until ED implements the proper regime.

I agree, I don’t want to sound like DEKA’s amazing work isn’t appreciated. But using beam riding changes how you fly, how you target. It actually makes it a different weapon.