Cold Cat Shot

JayBird

Are

modeled in DCS with Super Carrier? If not, is there any intention to include them in the future?

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

Catapult malfunctions and broken cables etc should hopefully be an option, if not engine malfunctions.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/what-its-fly-f-14-tomcat-just-one-engine-74266

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

It would be nice to have failures like this modeled in somehow. Not sure how they would do it so it would happen not too much or not too little. Being able to bust a cable would be a nice touch but I know they are going to put the barrier net into the works so that means they must be planning some sort of failure process maybe with cables and also if a plane has a gear or engine failure. I think most people tend to turn off random failures though in the options.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

Are
modeled in DCS with Super Carrier? If not, is there any intention to include them in the future?

That video is of now retired Captain Richard "Twig" Labranche when he was still a young LT. He went on to fly Tomcats and Hornets and was an LSO as well. He is a very highly regarded aviator. This was not a cold cat shot. There was an engine failure.

Here is the accident report. He was also on the 1995 Carrier Fortress at Sea documentary where he talks about this crash. There was an Super Tomcat that lost and engine on super sonic flyby in the documentary as well.

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/57190

Here is the documentary. It is a good watch. I started it at the point where he talks about the crash.

Edited by BMGZ06

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

It's stuff like that makes me think you gotta be batsh*t crazy to be a naval aviator . No thanks . A cold cat in VR would give me a heart attack , especially if i got a glimpse of a 100,000-ton carrier bearing down on me :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

It would be nice to have failures like this modeled in somehow. Not sure how they would do it so it would happen not too much or not too little. Being able to bust a cable would be a nice touch but I know they are going to put the barrier net into the works so that means they must be planning some sort of failure process maybe with cables and also if a plane has a gear or engine failure. I think most people tend to turn off random failures though in the options.

Agreed, I'd like to have the random system failures tab, like we have on player aircraft, where we could set failure parameters into certain elements of the carrier.

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

That video is of now retired Captain Richard "Twig" Labranche when he was still a young LT. He went on to fly Tomcats and Hornets and was an LSO as well. He is a very highly regarded aviator. This was not a cold cat shot. There was an engine failure.

Here is the accident report. He was also on the 1995 Carrier Fortress at Sea documentary where he talks about this crash. There was an Super Tomcat that lost and engine on super sonic flyby in the documentary as well.

Very interesting, I was a little surprised that the Intruder wasn't able to recover, engine failure explains that.