Advantages of a TUSBA with Cougar?

Magoo5150

Hey guys, I'm curious to know if there's any advantage to getting a TUSBA adapter for the Cougar throttle instead of plugging directly into the Cougar stick? I know it's designed to allow you to use any other stick like a Warthog etc, but if I have a Cougar setup does switching the throttle to USB gain me any advantages?

Hey guys, I'm curious to know if there's any advantage to getting a TUSBA adapter for the Cougar throttle instead of plugging directly into the Cougar stick? I know it's designed to allow you to use any other stick like a Warthog etc, but if I have a Cougar setup does switching the throttle to USB gain me any advantages?

The TUSBA and the RUSBA are adapters that are only used when you upgrade your Cougar joystick to use the Lighting base or if you upgrade to the Virpil Warbird base. Because they are both USB only without the throttle or rudder connectors on the base the TUSBA and RUSBA adapters would allow you to keep using the older throttle and rudders such I have right now.

But if you are using the older Cougar base as I still am then I don't see any advantage to using them. I guess you could use them if you wanted DCS to recognize each controller as a separate entity like it does with some of the other controller setups but I like all my commands being in the same column.

I may purchase the set eventually so when the day comes when I upgrade my joystick base when my gimbals break again as I'm sure they will I will have what I need to keep my throttle and rudder pedals.

I love the original true to design F16 throttle and the Elite rudder pedals that I still use have been going strong for 20 years with no sign of letting up. These things are a beast!!

... wanted to make sure there wasn't another advantage (programming, etc).

Actually, you would lose the capability of programming the throttle with Thrustmaster software (either Target or Foxy) .. connected via a USB adapter it degrades into just a dumb throttle, instead of attaching it to the Cougar's Stick processor. I would do it only if your Cougar stick fails.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB