Vaicom Pro stopped responding (post #5492 from main thread)

hornblower793

Originally posted by @djacd (copied from post #5492 in the main VAICOM thread)

As of the patch of Open_Beta on 26 May 2019 Vaicom Pro has stopped working

It loads, interacts with DCS, ie disables voices/ menus etc. but won't issue any commands to DCS.

I've tried repairing DCS,

Disabling/ Enabling add on's

It's running in administrator mode

It was working prior to the patch.

I've deleted the export file

Voice attack still works

I've disabled Garmin NS340 <--- USELESS program anyway in VR

Is this a known issue or is there something I'm missing?

Edited by hornblower793

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I have just had a quick check on my system and VAICOM works fine (once I remembered to tune my radio to the correct frequency :-))

Have you tried resetting the sliders on the Config tab to see if this works?

Which aircraft are you trying in and do you have Easy Comms on or off?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Originally posted by @djacd (copied from post #5492 in the main VAICOM thread)

As of the patch of Open_Beta on 26 May 2019 Vaicom Pro has stopped working

It loads, interacts with DCS, ie disables voices/ menus etc. but won't issue any commands to DCS.

I've tried repairing DCS,

Disabling/ Enabling add on's

It's running in administrator mode

It was working prior to the patch.

I've deleted the export file

Voice attack still works

I've disabled Garmin NS340 <--- USELESS program anyway in VR

Is this a known issue or is there something I'm missing?

Don't know if this applies in your case.

In my case what I have found, is if I happen to have VA running when I update DCS, if I do not close and restart VA after the update, it does not recognize.

I close and restart after I get an update, and then all is well.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Thanks for the replies;

I've continued to plug away and still doesn't work.

I've tried deleting the Vaicom directory and re-installing

I've re-installed DCS

At this point I just want my money back - JUST bought it and I get 1 day's use. For those that it works for I get the attraction for this software but it's a major source of frustration for me.

Could be I'm missing something simple so I've taken screen shots of the behavior.

It recognizes the command but fails to execute.

The only modules active are the ones sold/distributed by ED. (Except the Garmin)

I've tried different missions and several aircraft.

1085595669_VaicommPro.thumb.jpg.e0e77bb292778e0875d099569301615d.jpg

Vai-info.jpg.7dea593fc00eacfd4b26c00ccc0a92d4.jpg

VA-Info.jpg.fcad021a9bcfcdadaf98f6298c7fcc5c.jpg

Looks like you may need to spend some time with keywords training.

Go through MS Windows speech recognition a few times first.

FAQ Section

I'm confused, why would you assume that - it's recognizing the phrases but not executing them. When I use just voice attack it recognizes the phrase and completes the command as configured.

The confidence level on the is 95. Am I reading that wrong? is lower better?

Oh, I have run through twice already ftr.

To simplify the commands I have removed the necessity for ATC/player names just issue the commands such as request startup.

When you say things like "Chief" before the update is would state waiting for further or something like that - now just say recognized chief

So voice training I think is the wrong path.

I'm confused, why would you assume that - it's recognizing the phrases but not executing them. When I use just voice attack it recognizes the phrase and completes the command as configured.

The confidence level on the is 95. Am I reading that wrong? is lower better?

Oh, I have run through twice already ftr.

To simplify the commands I have removed the necessity for ATC/player names just issue the commands such as request startup.

When you say things like "Chief" before the update is would state waiting for further or something like that - now just say recognized chief

So voice training I think is the wrong path.

Having looked at your options, could you turn Run in Debug on on the Config tab of the VAICOM config window and then restart VA and then DCS. If you could take a screenshot of the VA log window when a command isn't responded to it might give us further clues

Having looked at your options, could you turn Run in Debug on on the Config tab of the VAICOM config window and then restart VA and then DCS. If you could take a screenshot of the VA log window when a command isn't responded to it might give us further clues

ok will do that here is a second - but came here to update

I've been trying various configurations/ re-installs/ earlier versions and got an "Error" message

cut and pasted

1:00:23.643 Command 'request startup' is currently disabled for this session and was not executed.

will try the debug mode

Command 'request startup' is currently disabled for this session and was not executed.

Suggests a PTT config / hotmic problem.

Use Config/Export to obtain a fresh VAICOM PRO for DCS World.vap file.

Import in VA , follow FINISH the steps. Disable Release Hot if active and SRS/VC integrations to test.

Teste with keyboard keys 1-6.

Inspect your VA settings e.g. making sure no global hotkey is active.

Enable debug mode and look for hints in the log.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Debug mode showed nothing - exact same response as before.

HOWEVER, your instructions to EXPORT than IMPORT the new profile fixed the issue. Working as advertised.

Thanks to you both, Hornblower and Hollywood.

I must have corrupted the original profile somehow, although, I did no editing to it other than setting up the Push-To-Talk section.

The file sizes of the profiles were/are;

Broken: 131,696

Working: 150,885

So ADDING the HOTAS functions to the PTT should have I assume grow the file size but it shrunk. So I must have Fat Fingered it.

I've included the working Debug window for reference if others have this or a similar issue.

Everything above the "Recognized: 'request startup' (Confidence 98)" was missing in debug mode in the broken profile.

Now to add chatter and see if I can break that! :smilewink:

Fixed.jpg.16634f099495b1eb561545e5c9b0687f.jpg