How to add Salute for the F14 ?

Phoenix FR

It seems that the command Salute for the F14 is not the same as for the F18, and have other key control "LSft U".

How to add that key control to the Salute command ?

I have a separate VA profile with other commands in (such as switching between seats 1 and 2) and have added it to that (with a different name). This VA profile is daisy chained to the Vaicom one.

Works great, you just don't get the squelch sound when the PTT is pressed

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Thank you.

How do you call the other profil from the vaicom profil ?

You link the other profiles by going to the profile screen for vaicom where all the commands are listed then in the upper left hand box where the name of the profile is displayed there is an option button net to it. Click that option button and then there is an option to link other profiles right there.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

You could, but unless Hollywood does it you always run the risk of losing the change for some reason

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Great - thanks Hollywood:thumbup:

• 1 year later...

Hey Guys sorry to reawaken an old thread but I seem to be struggling to get the Salute Command to work for the Tomcat after the Open Beta 2.7.7.14727 Update. I tried nuking the keywords and readding them. VA recognizes the Command "Salute" but it just doesnt execute. Any ideas what could be the issue? I am pretty stumped so any help is most welcome. Oh and I am running VAICOM 2.5.25.3
image.pngimage.png

Edited by makosch

I've noticed the same, It recognizes salute with a beep with a confidence score of 97 but I now have to use the fmenu / ground crew

I also now cannot tune to the carrier freq by voice I either have to use options.   Run VA once your in the pit, then you are able to use the jester wheel as well as VA

On 10/24/2021 at 12:22 PM, Shane45 said:

Run VA once your in the pit, then you are able to use the jester wheel as well as VA

Are you saying that if you start VA after dropping into the Tomcat pit you have both the Heatblur Jester wheel AND the AIRIO voice commands from VAICOM? A lot of people would like to have both but I've been under the impression you could not have both at once.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

No, unfortunately you can not have both 😞

With active AIRIO you have the Vaicom Jester wheel, were the new commands are missing. 

Turn off AIRIO and you have the original Jester wheel, with all new options. 

System: Asus ROG STRIX X570 , Ryzen 9 5900X , ASUS ROG STRIX LC 240 , 64 GB GSkill 3200 Trident Z , Powercolor Red Devil RX 6900 XT , Running SSD only

Input: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog , Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals , Track IR 5, VoiceAttac with Vaicom Pro, HP Reverb G2

DCS Open Beta , Nevada NTTR Map, Persian Gulf Map , Syria Map, F-14 Tomcat , F/A-18C Hornet , F-16 Viper, AV-8B Harrier, Supercarrier

Yes you can BoFrost, I've been doing it for months and I've just done it right now,  

If you run VA / Viacom before starting DCS then you have to ask airio for Options to get the ' wheel ' 

If you run DCS , START SRS  , get into the pit , I use the menu for Grnd pwr & Air Supply,  Once I've done that I then run VA and use voice to arm ejection seat / crank engines, pwr off, disconnect air supply, once in the air I use voice for A to A, A to G etc, if for some reason my voice isnt recognized or VA has decided to shut itself down I then use my hotas button to bring up the wheel and TrackIR Head movement.

It may not work for you but it works for me

5 hours ago, Shane45 said:

Yes you can BoFrost, I've been doing it for months and I've just done it right now,  

If you run VA / Viacom before starting DCS then you have to ask airio for Options to get the ' wheel ' 

If you run DCS , START SRS  , get into the pit , I use the menu for Grnd pwr & Air Supply,  Once I've done that I then run VA and use voice to arm ejection seat / crank engines, pwr off, disconnect air supply, once in the air I use voice for A to A, A to G etc, if for some reason my voice isnt recognized or VA has decided to shut itself down I then use my hotas button to bring up the wheel and TrackIR Head movement.

It's true! I just tested it. You can have both. This is an important new piece of information for the VAICOM community and I'm going to post it (with credit to @Shane45) as a separate thread.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Shane45:

Okay,  I will test if the workaround, with starting Vaicom after I am sitting in the pit, if this  is working for me too 

System: Asus ROG STRIX X570 , Ryzen 9 5900X , ASUS ROG STRIX LC 240 , 64 GB GSkill 3200 Trident Z , Powercolor Red Devil RX 6900 XT , Running SSD only

Input: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog , Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals , Track IR 5, VoiceAttac with Vaicom Pro, HP Reverb G2

DCS Open Beta , Nevada NTTR Map, Persian Gulf Map , Syria Map, F-14 Tomcat , F/A-18C Hornet , F-16 Viper, AV-8B Harrier, Supercarrier

vor 2 Stunden schrieb BoFrost:

Okay,  I will test if the workaround, with starting Vaicom after I am sitting in the pit, if this  is working for me too 

So I tested it. Yes, it is working in that way. Unfortunately you have to restart DCS again after an Mission is finished to get this workaround up again.

But hey ! At least this is maybe an idea for some of us, until the Update is there.

Frank