[NEED TRACK REPLAY]CCIP acting strange?

dugite57

I've got a practice mission where I can drop mk82's or whatever using CCIP. Recently, when starting off cold from carrier I note that;

1 - The middle MFD (or whatever you cal it) does not have the coloured map and;

2 - the aircraft symbol does not move from wp0 even though I've launched and am miles away from wp0

3 - when I select mk82/83 and setup CCIP the drop point tracks some weird location in the mountains, instead of tracking along in front of me like it used to do.

It's a mission I made when F18 first came out. I've tried creating a new flight, but still get this issue.

Just wondering is there a bug here or have I hosed it?

Thanks ion advance

1.: because your INS is not aligned

2.: because your INS is not aligned

3.: because your INS is not aligned

Align your INS and set to NAV and your problems will be solved.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

I've been DCS horneting for several years, without issue in this same mission. I put INS to CV, wait till I get OK on the screen, then INS from CV to Nav. Created a new mission and it works, so I'll assume the original mission I made, which is a few years old, has been compromised by recent update.

What year is the mission made in? Ensure its more modern than 1994 iirc.

Are you playing as redfor? Ensure the redfor GPS option is ticked.

Are you waiting for the alignment to finish? There was a time a short while ago where they changed it so you have to wait for the map to appear before switching to nav.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

I've been DCS horneting for several years, without issue in this same mission. I put INS to CV, wait till I get OK on the screen, then INS from CV to Nav. Created a new mission and it works, so I'll assume the original mission I made, which is a few years old, has been compromised by recent update.

The INS Align OK is bugged since about a year now, it shows up too soon. Leave the knob on align until you get the map on the screen, with your aircraft in the middle. Don't disengage the parking brake before alignment is complete and start alignment after right engine start.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro