Nvidia driver 445.75 seems to cause less crashing

For anyone with crashing problems, if you're using an Nvidia graphics card try rolling back to the 445.75 driver.

There are two newer versions, but for me at least, this one seems to cause fewer crashes.

No performance difference, just less crashing. I haven't tried the very newest one yet, though (446.14) and if 445.75 keeps working then I'll probably forgo driver updates for a while.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

The latest is 446, maybe try that one or roll yours back to a prior version.

445.75 seems pretty stable. I have to fly more missions to really see if it's as good as I thought. The one just after that (I think it was 445.87?) was a major crash-fest for me.

If I'm thoroughly bored I might give 446.14 a try :)

AD

Edited by Aluminum Donkey

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

Windows 10 May 2020 v2004 update and nvidia insider driver 450.99 and all is good.

That's cool, too bad I keep getting crashes even with 445.75 drivers...

I can't make arses or teakettles of the DCS.log file. I really don't know what's causing it. System seems stable for everything else.

I'm trying to fly the F/A-18 mission called "1989 CAS". I can't get far in it, I take off from the carrier and start to wipe out ground targets, and then DCS crashes. It really sucks.

Maybe I should just suck it up and try the Stable release, and see if it's any better.

AD

Kit:

That's cool, too bad I keep getting crashes even with 445.75 drivers...

I can't make arses or teakettles of the DCS.log file. I really don't know what's causing it. System seems stable for everything else.

I'm trying to fly the F/A-18 mission called "1989 CAS". I can't get far in it, I take off from the carrier and start to wipe out ground targets, and then DCS crashes. It really sucks.

Maybe I should just suck it up and try the Stable release, and see if it's any better.

AD

Stable got updated to same version as of OB.

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

Stable got updated to same version as of OB.

I just noticed that... That sux, I figured I still had hope.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see if they iron it out sometime in the future. My WW2 'furball' missions all work just fine, and I can have as many as 32 airplanes in the sky all at once, buzzing around like a swarm of insects shooting at each other, and no crashing.

But, the Hornet 1989 CAS mission keeps crashing! I wonder if it's the ground units--I recall someone saying that ground units moving and engaging can cause crashing.

AD

Kit:

I just noticed that... That sux, I figured I still had hope.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see if they iron it out sometime in the future. My WW2 'furball' missions all work just fine, and I can have as many as 32 airplanes in the sky all at once, buzzing around like a swarm of insects shooting at each other, and no crashing.

But, the Hornet 1989 CAS mission keeps crashing! I wonder if it's the ground units--I recall someone saying that ground units moving and engaging can cause crashing.

AD

Are you sure your crashes aren't overclock related? Looks like you run quite a pretty serious cpu overclock

I pretty much update my Nvidia drivers each time one comes available since I own my 1080ti (august 2018) and I never had DCS crash (well at least not due to my video driver. The few crashes I did have, were because of mods or my own stupidity and were solved by DCS cleanup/repair)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH