F-15C AAR does not terminate once refueling is complete - 2.5.6.49798

Aetherin

As of patch 2.5.6.49798, if carrying external fuel tanks on the (player) F-15C, the KC-135 will not terminate the refueling process once the internal and external tanks are full. Instead, the refueling process continues indefinitely.

If no external tanks are carried, the KC-135 will terminate the AAR once the Eagle's internal tanks are full.

I have attached one track, 'Refueling_Clean_Normal.trk', highlighting expected behavior once the internal tanks are full, as well as two tracks, 'Refueling_2Bags_Bugged.trk' and 'Refueling_3Bags_Bugged.trk', which show the failure to terminate the refueling process when external fuel tanks are present. All tracks were recorded on patch 2.5.6.49718.

Refueling_2Bags_Bugged.trk

Refueling_3Bags_Bugged.trk

Refueling_Clean_Normal.trk

Edited by Aetherin
Updated title
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
After the completion of F15C air refueling, the tanker cannot restore the pipeline and establish the correct radio call. Not only my game, but also my friend's game. Please repair it
Could you elaborate? I'm just teaching myself AAR, and the F-15C is one module I'm pretty successful in.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, dandan said:

After the completion of F15C air refueling, the tanker cannot restore the pipeline and establish the correct radio call. Not only my game, but also my friend's game. Please repair it

More detail needed.   It works for me ok.  Do you mean you aborted, flew away and then came back to try and refuel again?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

1小时前,MAXsenna说:

Could you elaborate? I'm just teaching myself AAR, and the F-15C is one module I'm pretty successful in. emoji4.png
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

After the fuel is full, the tank car will not automatically retract the pipeline and communicate with me

Only the F15C is like this, and so is the F15C driven by friends

So it doesn't tell you 'you're full' when it fills you up?

You're right, that bug may still be there ... but all you need to do is check your fuel gauge and back away gently.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

As of the open beta patch 2.7.11.22211 this bug is still present. If carrying any external fuel tanks on the player's F-15C, the KC-135 will not terminate the refueling process once the internal + external fuel tanks are full. The refueling process continues indefinitely. To this reply I attach several tracks that highlight this behavior for different configurations. If fuel tanks carried are jettisoned, it seems that the bug persists.

Refueling_Clean_Normal_2022.trk Refueling_1Bag_Bugged_2022.trk

Due to the attachment size limit of 5mb, I attach here a track for 2 external fuel tanks.

Refueling_2Bags_Bugged_2022.trk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Aetherin changed the title to F-15C AAR does not terminate once refueling is complete - 2.5.6.49798
  • 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, henshao said:

I wonder if this bug is related to the fact that the ground crew will not refuel external tanks at all

or the "fuel flow tolerance" is low enough to be unable to trigger the transfer complete because both engines are sucking too much fuel so it won't be able to detect the transfer completion

On 5/2/2022 at 2:42 PM, henshao said:

I wonder if this bug is related to the fact that the ground crew will not refuel external tanks at all

While I cannot answer that with certainty, the fact that ground crew will not refuel external tanks at all was present prior to this bug occurring. I believe that ground crew will not refuel ext. tanks for most aircraft in DCS?

On 5/2/2022 at 3:38 PM, BanagherLinks said:

or the "fuel flow tolerance" is low enough to be unable to trigger the transfer complete because both engines are sucking too much fuel so it won't be able to detect the transfer completion

This is certainly a possibility. I will try playing around with getting the same fuel flow without bags (with a fast KC-130) as I do with two bags, and see if that changes things. I will say, though, that there were no issues with bags prior to patch 2.5.6.49798, and flying the same mission on the older patch and on patch 2.5.6.49798 or greater yields different results. Perhaps ED changed the flow logic for the F-15C in patch 2.5.6.49798, but then I believe it was not documented at all in the patch notes.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
15 hours ago, Nahen said:

I don't think it's a big enough problem to be dealt with in any special way.

Why are you denying any fixes to the obvious bugs? What's your agenda? Feels like trolling. Any potential FF module would come with its own bugs and wouldn't fix the ones left in the FC3 module.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

2 hours ago, draconus said:

Why are you denying any fixes to the obvious bugs? What's your agenda? Feels like trolling. Any potential FF module would come with its own bugs and wouldn't fix the ones left in the FC3 module.

The first thing - if you start without suspended tanks, only with fuel in the inner fuselage and wing tanks, after refueling you will hear "Transfer complete, disconect".

If you take additional tanks and don't throw them away during the flight, you will sometimes hear a message after refueling and sometimes not.

If you take additional tanks, use up fuel from them (or don't use them) and discard the tanks, you certainly won't get a message about the end of refueling.

The second thing - I wrote that I don't consider it a significant problem. Yes, that's what I think. Why? Because during refueling I can look at the fuel gauge at any time, I can set it so that it shows me specific amounts of fuel in the tanks of the fuselage, wings, in the outer tanks under the wings or under the fuselage. I know how much fuel is in integral tanks, I know how much is in underwing tanks and in a set of three tanks. It is not a problem to control the amount of fuel when refueling.

Besides, this problem has been reported for several years and if it hasn't been "fixed" to this day, what would suddenly change?

• Like 1

I want to make a F15 air refueling video, and I hope to repair this feature as soon as possible. This bug has not been repaired for more than two years. It is not a new function, but a bug. I hope it can be repaired as soon as possible. I have been waiting. A person's life is very short, no one can live forever, and should not wait so long.

• 2 months later...