Operation Enable Sky MiG-21 - Dynamic persistent campaign

image.png

Dynamic persistent campaign around fictional Abkhazia-Georgia border conflict

Welcome into Operation Enable Sky MiG-21 SP/MP PVP/PVE dynamic persistent DCS campaign. Mission can be played solo in SP or with other players in hosted MP/dedicated server MP. There is always PVE element as world is populated with fighting AI for both sides. Time passes and destroyed units will be carried over stages.

Contains custom skins.

Supported modules

MiG-21Bis

See readme.txt for installation and usage.

Enjoy and check six!

What's new

Operation Enable Sky MiG-21 v1.2
* Added default RED/BLUE coords format and elevation units for targets report

Operation Enable Sky MiG-21 v1.1
* Added DCS 2.7 weather
* Blacklisted player parking spots for AI

Operation Enable Sky MiG-21 v1.0
* Initial reworked release

DDC engine v2.3
* Added RED/BLUE coords format and elevation units for targets report

DDC engine v2.2
* Fixed uncompletable ground groups that sometimes have all units destroyed and still reports as alive
* Additional functionality for helicopter ops

DDC engine v2.1
* Fixed CheckDispatcherSquadronConditions error in log when squadron is destroyed

DDC engine v2.0
* Dynamic persistent weather
* Numerous fixes and enhancements
* Improved AI ground strike generation using Moose new auftrag
* Possibility to display target coordinates and their position is marked on F10 map
* Updated to latest Moose version

DDC engine v1.0
* Initial release

Download

Operation Enable Sky MiG-21 (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Edited by ataribaby
  • Thanks 1

Duh! Ok then, thanks. Didn't notice that. This is kind of a new approach to a dynamic campaign. Nice of you to put it up just when I was wanting to get back into the F-5. Boy, I'm sure getting killed though. Trying to fly CAP missions in the F-5 and haven't survived one yet. Any tips? Thanks.

Try fly cap along Georgia/Abkhazia border along the river (Look at briefing map image where is red FEBA - Forward Edge of Battle Area) and do not enter enemy side of river too deep. Try penetrate border for while but close enough to be outside enemy SAMs and try lure MiGs over you side where your SAMs and AI CAPs will help you.

Edited by ataribaby

Very cool mission. I am enjoying it. Few questions. I’ve loaded the mission 3-4 times but still on stage one. What exactly are the stages? Is there new objectives each stage? Also, how many losses can you take? The war is not going well so far and we’ve lost more fighters then Abkhazia. I know we have to destroy 30 fighters to cripple their Air Force, was curious if we take 30 losses or something if we lose.

Thanks again!

Thanks for sharing, i look forward to checking it out

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

Very cool mission. I am enjoying it. Few questions. I’ve loaded the mission 3-4 times but still on stage one. What exactly are the stages? Is there new objectives each stage? Also, how many losses can you take? The war is not going well so far and we’ve lost more fighters then Abkhazia. I know we have to destroy 30 fighters to cripple their Air Force, was curious if we take 30 losses or something if we lose.

Thanks again!

Yeah that's beauty of time persistence in this campaign :) Just check starting mission time in briefing page. Everytime you quit mission and later restart it resumes from time you left it.

Stages basically last 240 minutes with 3 stages per day. Night ops are not in this version as Mig-21 and F-5 aren't suited very well for night ops.

Three stages starts every day at 6:30, 11:30 and 16:30 and last 240 minutes.

Everytime you end third stage in the day, date will advance to next day and you will start with first stage in the day at 6:30.

This campaign is limited to 12 stages max so you have 4 days to fulfil your objectives.

Hope it is clear. Later I plan write guide how to create your own campaign with this little "engine". All is defined in mission template and in oob.lua. That's all.

Edited by ataribaby

Not really if you followed instructions. Never had any DCS crash from this campaign even when setup was wrong.

What is in dcs.log ?

c:\Users\<user>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Logs\

One thing, maybe you porked lua files when modified them. I think DCS doesn't like UTF marks in lua and if editor you used add them then bang. Never use windows notepad. Use something like Notepad++.

Edited by ataribaby

Not really if you followed instructions. Never had any DCS crash from this campaign even when setup was wrong.

What is in dcs.log ?

c:\Users\<user>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Logs\

One thing, maybe you porked lua files when modified them. I think DCS doesn't like UTF marks in lua and if editor you used add them then bang. Never use windows notepad. Use something like Notepad++.

I use Notepad++ for all my .lau file editing, this is strange, I can't make heads or tails of the DCS Crash logs, it's loaded up into info. I am not sure what to look for...any ideas?

I followed the video to a T, it just seems to crash when compiling the mission.

Hello Ataribaby, i am impressed by the coding work you have made here. I translated some of the texts in the mission to spanish form my squadron, and looking forward to that video about implementing this kind of engine to other missions even if i kinda have figured it out how it works already. Anyway, my complimentes on a great work. :thumbup:

@Lexe, glad you like it.

@solidGlad, should be no problem. Just don't forget update client group names in oob.lua in missions that have that file in. Otherwise it will not count player lost airframes towards total side loses.

PLAYER_GROUP_NAMES = {

"MiG-21Bis/Flight 1 RU",

"MiG-21Bis/Flight 2 RU",

"MiG-21Bis/Flight 3 RU w/AI",

"MiG-21Bis/Flight 4 RU w/AI Rockets",

"MiG-21Bis/Flight 5 RU w/AI Bombs",

"MiG-21Bis/Flight 6 RU Rockets",

"MiG-21Bis/Flight 7 RU Bombs",

"Ka-50/Flight 1 RU",

"Ka-50/Flight 2 RU w/AI",

"F-5E-3/Flight 1 TR",

"F-5E-3/Flight 2 TR",

"F-5E-3/Flight 3 TR w/AI",

"F-5E-3/Flight 4 TR w/AI Rockets",

"F-5E-3/Flight 5 TR w/AI Bombs",

"F-5E-3/Flight 6 TR Rockets",

"F-5E-3/Flight 7 TR Bombs",

"SA342M/Flight 1 GRG",

"SA342M/Flight 2 GRG w/AI",

}

thanks sir!

i suppose, just to test, if I kept the same group name and just changed the aircraft type in the template mission file, i wouldn't need to update any OOB files? like if I wanted to use the F14 and just switched the F5 for the F14 in group 'F-5E-3/Flight 1 TR' without changing the group name? If it worked, then i'd do the OOB thing.