Operation Enable Sky MiG-21 - Dynamic persistent campaign

Hi Ataribaby. That seemed to work just fine! Thanks for your help yesterday.

Another question. Do the ground units change every time I reload the mission? All the stats are correct for the air war so that is working just fine, but when I did a mission last night there was 4 SA-8’s in one area and then when I reloaded it later on it was a few Shilkas in the same spot. Just want to make I didn’t mess something up.

Thanks!

Yep some ground units changing position from random positions pool.

["POSSIBLE_POSITIONS"] = {"ABK GRND POS 1", "ABK GRND POS 2", "ABK GRND POS 3", "ABK GRND POS 4", "ABK GRND POS 5", "ABK GRND POS 6", "ABK GRND POS 7", "ABK GRND POS 8", "ABK GRND POS 9", "ABK GRND POS 10"},

Edited by ataribaby

• 8 months later...

Finishing up v2.0 of this campaign engine with numerous fixes, enhancements and new features. Also I didn't forget about promised helicopter campaign. Just finished proof of concept of grass FARP for it. With AI helicopters staying on helipads between flights. 

• ataribaby changed the title to Operation Enable Sky MiG-21 - Dynamic persistent campaign

I removed them and made new version only MiG-21 vs MiG-21 for balance reasons and for story - It is air clash only between Abkhazian and Georgian air forces that are very limited in equipment. This version is without foreign help of Turkish F-5 or Russian Mig-29. Aim was to balance both sides for player MP.

Helicopters was removed as they do not survive until enemy air force is eliminated.

Simply this is pure MiG-21 campaign.

For helicopters I am preparing new separate campaign.

Edited by ataribaby

Is there any requirements that neet to be installed for this to work?

I've installed as per the instruction in the readme but the mission won't start.

It starts with the loader mission, then follows the mission planner screen with the start button, and last the pause/break screen with the fly button.

The next screen is the F11 view and there it stops. DCS does not react anymore. I have to end it in the task manager.

Did you modified your DCS MissionScripting.lua per readme.txt please?

To enable campaign persistence, comment out following lines in the file \scripts\MissionScripting.lua inside your DCS game/DCS server install.

--sanitizeModule('os' )
--sanitizeModule('io' )
--sanitizeModule('lfs' )
--require = nil

It is only reason I can think of why campaign doesn't work.

Please show me your MissionScripting.lua and dcs.log maybe there is some other problem.  Also where did you placed missons? They must be in Missions folder root.

Edited by ataribaby

Ok, thanks. My mistake, I thought that commenting out these lines was optional.

But I can start a Red / Blue mission now.

Still not sure what Spectators are? Maybe because I only do Single Player that it doesn't work? When I select this role DCS hangs again.

And this is maybe also why Neutrals cannot be selected at all?

I do not understand your problem with Spectators or why you want to select Neutrals, there is no active neutral side there.

Spectators is normal DCS function. I think it can be used to "reset" AI wingman companion if you play in SP and crash - just click on spectators and hit ESC and click Choose Coalition then reselect slot. I even often use this to reset things in MP. Thats why I didn't disable spectators, maybe I will do in update.

I just tested spectators and my DCS doesn't hangs. I normally went into Spectator mode where I can look around. If you want go back just hit ESC and click Choose Coalition button. There is no other use of spectators mode here beside to reset your slot.

Do not know what's wrong on your side if DCS hangs for you. 

Edited by ataribaby

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there!

I tried it with some friends yesterday evening, and we really enjoyed it!

if you ever do a tutorial on how to use the template, I'd be happy to read/watch it, because I'd like to change the planes on the both side for a "korea war-ish" era, so sabre VS mig 15s.
There is also the awacs, giving infos in miles and feet, when our planes are in metric, a bit complicated sometimes, especially when you are focused on flying VFR under gorgeous clouds ^^'.

Again, thanks for your awesome work, looking forward to new versions!

Glad you liked it! Try set DCS unit to metric in options. Also there is no AWACS in term of plane - for both sides it means ground EWR radars. 

Changing template is bit tricky and requires some inner knowledge how campaign works but I think can be deciphered from actual template mission and OOB lua script.

BTW I released recently another version Operation Enable Sky Fulcrum Edition - Dynamic persistent campaign - Missions and Campaigns - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

Edited by ataribaby

Of course you can access them. I am just using Total Commander to double click on miz file and you will open it as folder - miz is in reality ordinary zip file then you can extract, edit replace oob.lua

Scipts are in l10n\DEFAULT\ folder inside miz file.

Yo @ataribaby!

I changed units and the groups names both in DCS and in the oob.lua (only the mig-21bis to the actual plane names and the sam sites units and names, but I kept the prefixes.), changed the mission name in the Setting.lua.

For a reason, your "enable sky" script isn't launching anymore. 😦

I can't figure out what I'm missing. If you have an idea, you're welcome ^^' I would understand if you're not willing to though, no biggies.