Hide on-screen text ?

redtail

This has been causing me issues for awhile now and I have finally narrowed it down to the option to ..Hide on-screen text.

I've been able to reproduce this problem (bug) numerous times. I have to keep that box un-ticked. With the box ticked, the only way to start the mission is to hit the pause key a couple of times, which can be a challenge while in VR.

See attached pictures.

A.thumb.png.c4d540bae2e5a502d821c3ad46396267.png

B.thumb.png.0e0a785e4c07b42e73622aabfdcbf114.png

Edited by redtail

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This has been causing me issues for awhile now and I have finally narrowed it down to the option to ..Hide on-screen text.

I've been able to reproduce this problem (bug) numerous times. I have to keep that box un-ticked. With the box ticked, the only way to start the mission is to hit the pause key a couple of times, which can be a challenge while in VR.

See attached pictures.

Which version of DCS are you running and is it standalone or Steam?

Do you run any other mods?

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Which version of DCS are you running and is it standalone or Steam?

Do you run any other mods?

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

2.5.6 OB (latest update), Standalone. No other mods.

I was able to duplicate the issue on two different PCs running Win-10 (latest build). One is my main desktop PC, i7-7700, 32gb, 2080ti. The other is a gaming laptop with a 2070 GPU.

Edited by redtail

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have just replicated this on my machine as well - I also fly VR and have found that pressing Escape (which I have mapped to a button) to bring up the pause / resume menu also works.

I will drop Hollywood a support e-mail asking him to look at this thread / issue

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I have just replicated this on my machine as well - I also fly VR and have found that pressing Escape (which I have mapped to a button) to bring up the pause / resume menu also works.

I will drop Hollywood a support e-mail asking him to look at this thread / issue

Thanks. It was driving me nuts and although not a show stopper, I was determined to troubleshoot and identify the culprit.

It pays to have a second machine to test these issues on.

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hollywood will look at this but it is part of the hiding on-screen text

There is a simple voice-activated workaround and that is to add a daisy-chained VA command in another VA profile linked to VAICOM which 'presses' pause a couple of times. Imaginatively, I called mine 'Start mission' and it works like a treat with no need to fumble for keys

Hollywood will look at this but it is part of the hiding on-screen text

There is a simple voice-activated workaround and that is to add a daisy-chained VA command in another VA profile linked to VAICOM which 'presses' pause a couple of times. Imaginatively, I called mine 'Start mission' and it works like a treat with no need to fumble for keys

Thanks.

I hadn't considered that this could be by design. Just seemed odd to me. Your workaround is a good idea. I'll try it

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1 on this issue, very annoying. Disable hiding on-screen text works, however pressing pause then hit briefing and fly only works for SP missions. MP with slots you don't get the screen to select a slot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1 on this issue, very annoying. Disable hiding on-screen text works, however pressing pause then hit briefing and fly only works for SP missions. MP with slots you don't get the screen to select a slot.

Not only MP, but also custom made SP missions with multiple client slots. I made a few basic SP practice missions like that and this was driving me nuts, until I figured out the culprit.

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]