Disable RWR symbology on HUD

QuiGon

How can we disable the RWR symbology on the HUD? I found no such option on the EW page, where I would have expected this (like in the Hornet). The manual (or "pocket guide" rather) doesn't say anything about it either. :dunno:

So how to disable it?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hey QuiGon!

I had the same question, especially since the pertinent training mission says it can be done, but I haven't found any way of doing it, not even Chuck comes to the rescue. So, my conclusion is that it can't be done, even if it should.

Hey QuiGon!

I had the same question, especially since the pertinent training mission says it can be done, but I haven't found any way of doing it, not even Chuck comes to the rescue. So, my conclusion is that it can't be done, even if it should.

Well that's a bummer, as I find it extremely annoying that the RWR symbology is cluttering my HUD... :mad:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

You're not the only one, my friend....

Guess you bought the Harrier in the last sale, like I? Well, there are a lot of bugs and many missing features, I thought it was still worth buying at half the price, given the unique flying characteristcs. Clearly, though, it's not at the same level of finishing than other full fidelity modules, even the ones in EA: I consider it a module half way between FC3 and a full-fi, it helps endure all the bugs I find.

Yes, but that turn the RWR off... leaves you without any EW warning....

What QuiGon wanted to know is if it's possible to do as in the Hornet (and the real AV-8B), that is just decluttering the HUD of the RWR indications and keep having alerts from the RWR that you can visualize on the MFDs.

You're not the only one, my friend....

Guess you bought the Harrier in the last sale, like I? Well, there are a lot of bugs and many missing features, I thought it was still worth buying at half the price, given the unique flying characteristcs. Clearly, though, it's not at the same level of finishing than other full fidelity modules, even the ones in EA: I consider it a module half way between FC3 and a full-fi, it helps endure all the bugs I find.

I actually bought it at the very first day of EA some years ago. Since then I start it up every half year, just to get turned off immediately again by bugs and other issues like this one :(

Right Hand console (top of ECM panel) - turn the knob to off? - removes RWR from HUD.

Not sure if that is meant as a serious advice or joking. I would like to keep the RWR working of course, but on the EW page, not on the HUD ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg

Apologies,

I was trying to be helpful not funny.

I wasn't entirely sure if that is what you meant so I posted just in case.

Regards,

Gary

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

Apologies,

I was trying to be helpful not funny.

I wasn't entirely sure if that is what you meant so I posted just in case.

Regards,

Gary

Alright then, don't worry :)

Tornado3 small.jpg

HUD RWR contacts cannot be removed. This is deliberate. According to the available public information there is no way to remove the RWR display from the HUD. Even switching the RWR to OFF will not remove the contacts from the HUD (see image). If you have any documentation or aircrew which have information to the contrary do post / PM RAZBAM.

QAulwzM.png

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

HUD RWR contacts cannot be removed. This is deliberate. According to the available public information there is no way to remove the RWR display from the HUD. Even switching the RWR to OFF will not remove the contacts from the HUD (see image). If you have any documentation or aircrew which have information to the contrary do post / PM RAZBAM.

QAulwzM.png

Nice pictures, do you have more RL mfd screenshots? I'd like to compare if overall typography and formatting is right

Yes, but that turn the RWR off... leaves you without any EW warning....

What QuiGon wanted to know is if it's possible to do as in the Hornet (and the real AV-8B), that is just decluttering the HUD of the RWR indications and keep having alerts from the RWR that you can visualize on the MFDs.

I turn it off sometimes when rolling in to gun strafe a target if it is cluttered. Not something I'll be doing if a threat is imminent so no harm having it off.

Ok so they can't be removed IRL, can the number shown be limited by priority?

Well, in that case it's alright, as I want a realistic simulation. It's an odd design decision though. I'm really curious why they did it that way :huh:

Ok so they can't be removed IRL, can the number shown be limited by priority?

That would be my next question, as almost all modern RWRs have such a feature! How about the Harrier? I'm missing some sort of RWR control panel in general. How about filtering different RWR contacts or a offset function and stuff like that? The Harrier RWR seems to be extremely limited in functionality.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

That would be my next question, as almost all modern RWRs have such a feature! How about the Harrier? I'm missing some sort of RWR control panel in general. How about filtering different RWR contacts or a offset function and stuff like that? The Harrier RWR seems to be extremely limited in functionality.

OSB 12 has a PRI mnemonic, which I assume is for Priority, but, guess what? It doesn't work..... :music_whistling:

I actually bought it at the very first day of EA some years ago. Since then I start it up every half year, just to get turned off immediately again by bugs and other issues like this one sad.gif

Darn, that's definitely worse. I bought it after an extensive testing during the free trial period, so I knew what I was getting... You paid for it full price expecting to get something very different from what we have today... I feel for you! :cry:

OSB 12 has a PRI mnemonic, which I assume is for Priority, but, guess what? It doesn't work..... :music_whistling:

attachment.php?attachmentid=237986&stc=1&d=1591007676

Four, presumably mode buttons. None have any function. ALT doesn't have any function in DCS so never mind that one.

OFST I suppose separates overlapping contacts.

PRI & LIM I guess filter them by threat level/type??

InkedScreen_200531_093638_LI.thumb.jpg.c99adda59f1c7f67c891e3c48b8ea9d6.jpg

Darn, that's definitely worse. I bought it after an extensive testing during the free trial period, so I knew what I was getting... You paid for it full price expecting to get something very different from what we have today... I feel for you! :cry:

I still hope to eventually get what I expected. Untill then I hold off with buying anything from RAZBAM :)

Four, presumably mode buttons. None have any function. ALT doesn't have any function in DCS so never mind that one.

OFST I suppose separates overlapping contacts.

PRI & LIM I guess filter them by threat level/type??

Indeed, I've never noticed, but the buttons for the functions that I'm missing are there. :thumbup:

They just don't work. :music_whistling:

Tornado3 small.jpg

OFST - Offset. I think you've all seen this mode before in the A-10C and F-14B. It separates the threats out in a circular pattern about the centre of the display. You loose threat azimuth information in doing so.

PRI - Priority. It opens a sublevel menu where the buttons on the right side become from top to bottom; NORM, AI, AAA, UNK, FRND. The selected mode will be reflected in System Status Area 1 - where the "N" sits.

N = NORM

I = AI (Airborne Intercept - other aircraft radars)

A = AAA

U = UNK

F = FRND

The RWR display will also return back to the top level display once a mode is selected.

LIM - Limited. When boxed limits the RWR to display the top 6 threats. And "L" will also appear to the right of the "N" in the centre.

BIT - Built in test.

ECM - This shouldn't appear unless you got to the RWR page via a specific button. If you go from the main menu to the RWR display it shouldn't appear.

attachment.php?attachmentid=237986&stc=1&d=1591007676

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

OFST - Offset. I think you've all seen this mode before in the A-10C and F-14B. It separates the threats out in a circular pattern about the centre of the display. You loose threat azimuth information in doing so.

PRI - Priority. It opens a sublevel menu where the buttons on the right side become from top to bottom; NORM, AI, AAA, UNK, FRND. The selected mode will be reflected in System Status Area 1 - where the "N" sits.

N = NORM

I = AI (Airborne Intercept - other aircraft radars)

A = AAA

U = UNK

F = FRND

The RWR display will also return back to the top level display once a mode is selected.

LIM - Limited. When boxed limits the RWR to display the top 6 threats. And "L" will also appear to the right of the "N" in the centre.

BIT - Built in test.

ECM - This shouldn't appear unless you got to the RWR page via a specific button. If you go from the main menu to the RWR display it shouldn't appear.

Great info thanks! :thumbup:

What is FRND? Friend? Only shows friendly radars or filters out friendly radars?

Having the PRI function would be extremely useful!

Great info thanks! :thumbup:

What is FRND? Friend? Only shows friendly radars or filters out friendly radars?

Having the PRI function would be extremely useful!

I believe the RWR will only show emitters of the selected priority mode i.e. selecting AI would only show AI emitters. Obviously if you get locked up / launched on by any threat type it will still be shown regardless of priority mode.

So to answer your question it will only show friendly emitters. 'Friendly emitters' would have to be defined in the mission card tho, the ALR-67 is programmed before each sortie with such info.