Virpil devices won't allow my PC to sleep after 2004 update

imacken

I know you've got a thing about MS, but we don't know that the solution came from them at all. It could well have been Virpil or some other manufacturer that provided the solution for all we know.

It was only Virpil and TM devices that were an issue for me. Other steering wheels, pedals, keyboards, controllers and mice were unaffected.

Maybe you are right, I take it you updated a new Virpil build of firmware and thats what fixed it for you?

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Like many other threads involving MS both here and on Virpil forums, you’ve already made your mind up, so pointless continuing.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

The problem Imacken is due to an idle request IRP with respect to the USB hub controller driver and how it interacts with Windows Power Options, which the 2004 update adjusted.

Out of curiosity, why do you start with the balanced power option?

I've had this problem forever, but it doesn't matter which device I have plugged in. Any one of these will prevent my screen from sleeping:

- VKB gunfighter

- Virpil CM2 throttle

- T16000m throttle & pedals

• 1 year later...

Good luck with that. It’s been a sticky forever on Virpil forums 

https://forum.virpil.com/index.php?/topic/1980-warning-pc-wont-bootrebootsleep-with-virpils-device/

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

8 hours ago, imacken said:

Good luck with that. It’s been a sticky forever on Virpil forums 

https://forum.virpil.com/index.php?/topic/1980-warning-pc-wont-bootrebootsleep-with-virpils-device/

To solve the problem, i've bought a usb cable with a switch, like so i just turn it on when i want to us the HOTAS 🙂 🙂 🙂

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B08M3SML22/ref=pe_27091421_487052621_TE_item_image

• Like 1

Yes, you can do that and I have a similar thing. however, that does 'solve the problem', it's just a workaround.

In fact, I have been testing the VPC beta software for a number of months now, and NVV has built-in a facility to stop Virpil devices sending out a signal if idle for a (user specified) time. That works well and allows the PC to sleep. 

Yep, basically the same they have been saying for over a year now. 
Not one single version of Windows has worked, so blaming updates is not the answer. 
i have many support tickets on this and many messages with NVV, the chief software dev at VPC, and as I said above, the beta software certainly helps with the new facility to set a dead time, but if the axes are not zeroed, then the sleep issue returns. 

• 7 months later...

I know this is an older thread but wanted to throw my .02 cents in in case it helps anyone.  I was getting frustrated for a while with this issue.  I just wanted my four monitors to blank via command line action.  My three Virpil controllers would re-awake them within seconds.  I know this is a work-around but I found using NirSoft's USBDeview allowed me to create shortcuts for each of the Virpil devices to enable/disable them.  I use a VoiceAttack profile command to activate/deactivate all at once as needed.  Once deactivated, the command to blank the monitors works successfully. 

• Like 1

The issue has been resolved in the more recent versions of the VPC software with the introduction of the 'Stop USB Reports' option.

image.png

Solved my problem, but I never put PC to sleep. Just turn off for night when no downloading.

*BIOS screen found in net -  not mine spec* only those settings.

Edited by TylerPL666

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey Plus+, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB GDDR6X, 32GB RAM, Intel i7-7700k 5.1GHz (OC), Hydro Series™ H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler, Buttkicker 2 Gamer+SSA Sound Module, Virpil MangoosT-CM2 Base+Grip, Logitech X56 Throttle +Rudder, Logitech Z906 5.1, LG OLED 55'' 4K 120Hz
A10-C II,  AH-64D,  AV88NA,  F-14A/B,  F-16C,  F/A-18C,  Ka-50,  Mi-24,  Mi-8,  SA342,  UH-1H,  SuperCarrier,  Persian Gulf,  Nevada,  Syria,  Simshaker for Aviators

1 minute ago, TylerPL666 said:

Solved my problem, but I never put PC to sleep. Just turn off for night when no downloading.

if you don’t allow your PC to sleep, what problem did you solve??

• Like 1