SD-10 guidance and seeker are totally borked

riojax

Hello,

From this recent patch (codenamed "SD-10 nerf") some appointed to a range reduction, more drag, etc. but are two issues that makes it unusable, the guidance and the seeker, as you will see, without doubt the actual behavior is a bug, isn't a thing of "we don't have info and we are tweaking based on CFDs".

# Guidance problems

1. If you are at more 45º from the target, the missile will loss the guidance

2. Unrealistically path change when a long time ago someone throw chaff and it's near the seeker limit

3. It makes erratic hard movements that put the target off from the 60º seeker limit

[sD10guidanceX.trk and SD10guidanceX.acmi attached]

# Seeker problems

1. The seeker in terminal almost always seems to loss the target

2. Too exaggerated notch effect

3. In maddog or terminal, it only have 10º seeker limit !!!!

About the 3, the file X:\DCS World\CoreMods\aircraft\ChinaAssetPack\Entries\Loadouts\mils_sd10.lua have now 0.175 radians for the Fi_search.

[sD10seeker.trk and SDseeker.acmi attached]

P.S. And not, this is not how the notch works.

Waiting for your response,

Regards.

SD10guidance1.trk

SD10guidance2.trk

SD10guidance3.trk

SD10seeker.trk

acmi_files.zip

Edited by riojax
typo

You have to understand, ARH in end game is not controlled by launcher, it's in 'forget' mode, totally controlled by DCS core: the ARH seeker.

Yes, it's not a job of CFD, we have no way to change how ARH seeker works.

Ok, thank you for the explain, please, can you review all other topics in my report?

About your ARH comment, I will send this post to ED too because before the update it worked like a charm, but now the SD-10 is unusable at point that now I don't want to touch my so lovely JF-17 and this is not fair for us as customers and simulation enthusiasts.

there are many hot discuss about ARH guidance here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=658

We try to resolve some problem of the ARH guidance, and test params guessed by some players(NOT our SMEs).

It seems we bring more problems than resolving the existing one, and the guessed params are more far from reasonable.

Edited by L0op8ack

Ok, thank you for the explain, please, can you review all other topics in my report?

About your ARH comment, I will send this post to ED too because before the update it worked like a charm, but now the SD-10 is unusable at point that now I don't want to touch my so lovely JF-17 and this is not fair for us as customers and simulation enthusiasts.

I'm glad you're doing this, but as a heads up: I'm not sure how much can be said that hasn't been already been said. This happens to 120's, Phoenixes, and R-77s as well.