My fist impression of Super Taurus Throttle

Supmua

Super Taurus F/A-18 Throttle First Impression.

Look and feel:

The unit appears premium on the first glance. There is this eye-catching initial wow factor that is hard to describe. My wife actually said wow when she saw it, and my kids just simply shook their heads. WW Super Taurus is a gigantic throttle-panel with tons of switches and buttons, not to mention shiny. It is tall, long and wide, and completely dwarves my TM Warthog throttle when placed side by side.

Since the main material is metal (Aluminium), it also feels great to touch when running my hands along the entire surface. The throttle and grip is a replica of the Hornet aircraft. The panel is not, so do not expect switches and buttons from your DCS cockpit to be in the exact same spots. I'm also not digging the large red kiddy Taurus logo, but that is ok since it is located all the way down below the main panel and now out of sight after installation.

Build quality:

Thumbs up from me, really like it. My unit feels heavy, sturdy and well-built. I flip it around and then side to side, shaking and spinning, and there is no apparent rattling or squeaking. There is also no loosen parts or uneven seams on the surface of the device. The company's attention to detail is quite good. I cannot yet evaluate long-term durability but so far this throttle unit appears very solid.

Panel:

The attached panel is removable and is held to the throttle base by 4 small screws. It comes with tons of switches, so many that joy.cpl doesn't recognize its button inputs. There are total seven 2-way toggle switches, six sticky 3-way switches, six spring-back 3-way switches, and one hybrid 3-way switch (spring top and sticky bottom). There is a 4-way dial switch, and also two dial knobs (axis inputs). So, there's plenty of flexibility in terms of bindings there and one could be really creative with it. VR users, however, might have a hard time operating all these switches since there are so many.

Connectivity:

Assembly takes only a few minutes. This basically involves attaching the two cables on the levers to each throttle grip, then the grips to the top of the levers (two screws on each side). There are two USB printer ports, on the front of the throttle and on the panel itself. The two USB printer cables are of course included. The unit happens to fit my Monstertech Flightstand's TMW throttle mounting plate and for now I just use velcro tapes to secure it in place. The throttle and panel are treated as two separate DX input devices in joy.cpl. The buttons on the panel will not register in joy.cpl but those on the throttle do (no idea why). I also have to mention that the unit is completely modular, you can switch out the attached panel as well as throttle grip in the future, and there is nothing like this out there currently as far as I know. Imagine putting a specialized A-10C panel and throttle grip on this, or whatever aircrafts of your choice.

Operations:

The buttons and switches feel great, they have much less resistance than the Warthog throttle switches which can be tough to operate if you are not use to it. Buttons also have unique clicking sounds, which are rather pleasant and give nice tactile feedback. The dual throttles are very tall and have long throw with silky smoothness when moving back and forth which makes it easier to perform complex maneuvers such as AAR/formation flying, especially when compared to my older and a relatively new TMW throttles. The throttle idle operates the same way as the TMW throttle, meaning it registers constant DX input (button press) in OFF position, and IDLE position would register as button release. This is important to know if you want to use an external joystick app to achieve 1:1 the throttle operation in DCS World.

The friction lever to the right actually controls the real friction and can also be mapped as an axis input, I use it as a Zoom lever. The 3-way toggle switches are true 3-way, meaning they register 3 different DX inputs which is different from TMW throttle where the middle position is blank. There are 2 dials on the panel which are true axis inputs and can be used to bind axis control such as light knobs from within DCS. The throttle lift switches require minimal squeeze, and it is quite a pleasure to operate them with great tactile feedback and sounds when they spring back and forth into their original positions. Coupling left and right throttle together so they move as one unit is a tedious process, however, this requires insertion of an Allen screw driver (included) into the sidehole and turn it clockwise for a few rounds.

Software:

SimAppPro is downloadable from Winwing's website and is fairly intuitive to use especially when compared to competitions. I have to say that more time is needed for me to dive deep into the software side as I'm mostly using vJoy/Joystick Gremlin for most tasks, but other than a glitch with vJoy error which requires reinstallation of the latter it has been working fine. Firmware update should be done first unless your device has the newest firmware installed (mine didn't). Calibration is a very important second step, click the calibration tab and follow the on-screen guide for easy operation.

There are 6 input axes on the throttle grip and they all should be calibrated prior to use. The panel itself adds 2 more input axes from the dial switches. Axis inputs can also be changed to button inputs with a simple click of a mouse button via on-screen graphic input, which is rather neat and modern. The LED brightness on both throttle and panel can be adjusted via sliders, I had to dim mine since I found them to be too bright at the default setting.

Cost:

It is expensive for sure at $565.90 and definitely not the best bangs for your buck. Yet considering the overall quality, flexibitliy and ease of use, I think that the price is fair. There used to be similar throttles that would easily cost twice as much while offering much less functionality. Shipping is also somewhat expensive (total cost $645.90), and it took 5 days after shipment (China to USA) for the product to reach me which is relatively fast.

Negatives:

My only real gripe is that there is no quick and easy way to couple/uncouple the two throttle levers. It can take several seconds to do so, compared to one second on TMW throttle (perhaps a permanent dial or lever on the side of the unit to allow this operation would be ideal--I'm tempted to superglue the included Allen screw driver and just leave it there for ease of use, lol). I also wish that it utilizes only 1 USB port rather than 2 in order to save space, but this is far from a deal breaker.

Positives:

Basically everything else.

Conclusion:

This is the first throttle unit that truly blew me away on initial use. It is very easy to operate compared to what I've used up to now--yet quite complex, and I really need to put it through the pace more to see full potential. Now keep in mind that long-term durability is still a big question mark for a brand new product like this, and long-term product support/commitment remains to be seen. However, as far as the initial impression of a throttle goes I have not seen anything better.

Addendum:

After several days of use, I found the TDC slew to be more precise, less sensitive and easier to operate than Deltasim's mod. It works fine without any axis tuning, and perfect with a bit of tuning (deadzones, curves, reducing Y saturation).

_7R31304.thumb.jpeg.07d56cd52a8ab91156adc39a55ea378d.jpeg

_7R31305.thumb.jpeg.e01a37ed09b485540d6ab8d15ffb780a.jpeg

_7R31306.thumb.jpeg.c816bcedb93aa7f072ae59c33e86f31f.jpeg

Edited by Supmua
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Comprehensive review...Thanks !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

My fist impression of Super Taurus Throttle

Comprehensive review...Thanks !

My pleasure. I also find the dial switches to be of high quality. The best way to see this is by binding zoom axis to the switch. With poor quality dials there will be stuttering motion when you zoom in and out in cockpit view, and zoom might not even stick causing jittery cockpit. It is completely smooth and jitter free with WW dial switches.

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Thank you for your review! Specially as I‘m using a very similar rig. How did you fix the throttle on the WH base plate? Or does it sit there without any connection? Still not sure how to attach the throttle to my Monstertech Flight rig

Modules and maps: all of them :doh:

Specs: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I, Intel i7-8086K@4.9GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengance RAM, Nvidia RTX 2080 FE, 2x1 TB Samsung EVO 970 M.2, WIN10 64bit, HP Reverb

Super Taurus F/A-18 Throttle First Impression.

Look and feel:

The unit appears premium on the first glance. There is this eye-catching initial wow factor that is hard to describe. My wife actually said wow when she saw it, and my kids just simply shook their heads. WW Super Taurus is a gigantic throttle-panel with tons of switches and buttons, not to mention shiny. It is tall, long and wide, and completely dwarves my TM Warthog throttle when placed side by side.

Since the main material is metal (Aluminium), it also feels great to touch when running my hands along the entire surface. The throttle and grip is a replica of the Hornet aircraft. The panel is not, so do not expect switches and buttons from your DCS cockpit to be in the exact same spots. I'm also not digging the large red kiddy Taurus logo, but that is ok since it is located all the way down below the main panel and now out of sight after installation.

Build quality:

Thumbs up from me, really like it. My unit feels heavy, sturdy and well-built. I flip it around and then side to side, shaking and spinning, and there is no apparent rattling or squeaking. There is also no loosen parts or uneven seams on the surface of the device. The company's attention to detail is quite good. I cannot yet evaluate long-term durability but so far this throttle unit appears very solid.

Connectivity:

Assembly takes only a few minutes. This basically involves attaching the two cables on the levers to each throttle grip, then the grips to the top of the levers (two screws on each side). There are two USB printer ports, on the front of the throttle and on the panel itself. The two USB printer cables are of course included. The unit happens to fit my Monstertech Flightstand's TMW throttle mounting plate and for now I just use velcro tapes to secure it in place. The throttle and panel are treated as two separate DX input devices in joy.cpl. The buttons on the panel will not register in joy.cpl but those on the throttle do (no idea why). I also have to mention that the unit is completely modular, you can switch out the attached panel as well as throttle grip in the future, and there is nothing like this out there currently as far as I know. Imagine putting a specialized A-10C panel and throttle grip on this, or whatever aircrafts of your choice.

Operations:

The buttons and switches feel great, they have much less resistance than the Warthog throttle switches which can be tough to operate if you are not use to it. Buttons also have unique clicking sounds, which are rather pleasant and give nice tactile feedback. The dual throttles are very tall and have long throw with silky smoothness when moving back and forth which makes it easier to perform complex maneuvers such as AAR/formation flying, especially when compared to my older and a relatively new TMW throttles. The throttle idle operates the same way as the TMW throttle, meaning it registers constant DX input (button press) in idle position, and off-idle position would register as button release. This is important to know if you want to use an external joystick app to achieve 1:1 the throttle operation in DCS World.

The friction lever to the right actually controls the real friction and can also be mapped as an axis input, I use it as a Zoom lever. The 3-way toggle switches are true 3-way, meaning they register 3 different DX inputs which is different from TMW throttle where the middle position is blank. There are 2 dials on the panel which are true axis inputs and can be used to bind axis control such as light knobs from within DCS. The throttle lift switches require minimal squeeze, and it is quite a pleasure to operate them with great tactile feedback and sounds when they spring back and forth into their original positions. Coupling left and right throttle together so they move as one unit is a tedious process, however, this requires insertion of an Allen screw driver (included) into the sidehole and turn it clockwise for a few rounds.

Software:

SimAppPro is downloadable from Winwing's website and is fairly intuitive to use especially when compared to competitions. I have to say that more time is needed for me to dive deep into the software side as I'm mostly using vJoy/Joystick Gremlin for most tasks, but other than a glitch with vJoy error which requires reinstallation of the latter it has been working fine. Firmware update should be done first unless your device has the newest firmware installed (mine didn't). Calibration is a very important second step, click the calibration tab and follow the on-screen guide for easy operation.

There are 6 input axes on the throttle grip and they all should be calibrated prior to use. The panel itself adds 2 more input axes from the dial switches. Axis inputs can also be changed to button inputs with a simple click of a mouse button via on-screen graphic input, which is rather neat and modern. The LED brightness on both throttle and panel can be adjusted via sliders, I had to dim mine since I found them to be too bright at the default setting.

Cost:

It is expensive for sure at $565.90 and definitely not the best bangs for your buck. Yet considering the overall quality, flexibitliy and ease of use, I think that the price is fair. There used to be similar throttles that would easily cost twice as much while offering much less functionality. Shipping is also somewhat expensive (total cost $645.90), and it took 5 days after shipment (China to USA) for the product to reach me which is relatively fast.

Negatives:

My only real gripe is that there is no quick and easy way to couple/uncouple the two throttle levers. It can take several seconds to do so, compared to one second on TMW throttle (perhaps a permanent dial or lever on the side of the unit to allow this operation would be ideal--I'm tempted to superglue the included Allen screw driver and just leave it there for ease of use, lol). I also wish that it utilizes only 1 USB port rather than 2 in order to save space, but this is far from a deal breaker.

Positives:

Basically everything else.

Conclusion:

This is the first throttle unit that truly blew me away on initial use. It is very easy to operate compared to what I've used up to now--yet quite complex, and I really need to put it through the pace more to see full potential. Now keep in mind that long-term durability is still a big question mark for a brand new product like this, and long-term product support/commitment remains to be seen. However, as far as the initial impression of a throttle goes I have not seen anything better.

Hey great review thanks.

The base where you did put the throttle...how much is the height from the ground to the throttle base?

I am waiting for the throttle to arrive and i would like to be ready before it arrives with my custom solution, but I don’t seem to find the dimensions anywhere

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Comparing the pictures to my rig (MonsterTech modified Flightstand) it seems to be the same and measuring mine, it's a 80/80mm aluminium profile, together with the feet and the alu plate you can see below the WinWing throttle it should be around 120mm from the floor to the base of the throttle box.

Modules and maps: all of them :doh:

Specs: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I, Intel i7-8086K@4.9GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengance RAM, Nvidia RTX 2080 FE, 2x1 TB Samsung EVO 970 M.2, WIN10 64bit, HP Reverb

Thank you for your review! Specially as I‘m using a very similar rig. How did you fix the throttle on the WH base plate? Or does it sit there without any connection? Still not sure how to attach the throttle to my Monstertech Flight rig

I put the MT’s Warthog throttle mounting plate on the left leg of the stand and use velcro mounting tapes to secure the throttle to the plate. It is not a permanent solution but good enough for now. I’d imagine a heavy duty double sided mounting tapes such as Gorilla or 3M would do a nicer job securing the throttle base to mounting plate

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the review, certainly looks like a great piece of kit.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am very happy with the throttle and the startup panel. But there are so many switches available that I need overlays for each aircraft.

I have three considerations for assigning switches:

1) Does the aircraft in question have controls with the same name that logically map well to the name/type of switch. There are several that are pretty common among jet modules, like battery, generator, refuel probe, etc. But what isn't common is the the type of switch, i.e. 2-position or 3-position. The hardware has 2-position switches for the generators and a 3-position for the battery to match the Hornet, but generators may have a third position and some battery switches are only 2-position.

2) Does the physical location on the hardware make sense compared to the aircraft? i.e. landing gear and drag chutes are usually toward the front and to the left and the. Flap controls might be to the front or to the left of the throttle.

3) Can I find a group of switches of the needed type that matches a critical multi-switch system. The MiG-21 has 3 very important toggle switches for its radar: a 3-position off/standby/on, a 3-position ground clutter filter, and a 2-position boresight mode. It just so happens that startup panel has three switches at a convenient spot that fill the job perfectly for me: The EXT TANKS and DUMP switches, which are very easy to find and use blind while flying VR.

Using those criteria, each aircraft can have radically different assignments and there are so many it will take me awhile to memorize all of the layouts. Of course, even if I make a nice overlay for each aircraft type, that does me almost no good in VR. But it would still be nice to have.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am very happy with the throttle and the startup panel. But there are so many switches available that I need overlays for each aircraft.

I have three considerations for assigning switches:

1) Does the aircraft in question have controls with the same name that logically map well to the name/type of switch. There are several that are pretty common among jet modules, like battery, generator, refuel probe, etc. But what isn't common is the the type of switch, i.e. 2-position or 3-position. The hardware has 2-position switches for the generators and a 3-position for the battery to match the Hornet, but generators may have a third position and some battery switches are only 2-position.

2) Does the physical location on the hardware make sense compared to the aircraft? i.e. landing gear and drag chutes are usually toward the front and to the left and the. Flap controls might be to the front or to the left of the throttle.

3) Can I find a group of switches of the needed type that matches a critical multi-switch system. The MiG-21 has 3 very important toggle switches for its radar: a 3-position off/standby/on, a 3-position ground clutter filter, and a 2-position boresight mode. It just so happens that startup panel has three switches at a convenient spot that fill the job perfectly for me: The EXT TANKS and DUMP switches, which are very easy to find and use blind while flying VR.

Using those criteria, each aircraft can have radically different assignments and there are so many it will take me awhile to memorize all of the layouts. Of course, even if I make a nice overlay for each aircraft type, that does me almost no good in VR. But it would still be nice to have.

I've been taking my time mapping switches for each of my aircraft, such that I could do the coldstart procedures mostly with just operating the panel.

The throttle works great with the Harrier, which is my go to plane at the moment. I map commonly used MPCD OSBs for AG operations to the throttle. For example, TPOD zoom in/out can be operated by the wheel (normally requires OSB buttons 3/4). The two buttons on the left throttle are mapped for FLIR/CCD and FOV Wide/Narrow. This way I could operate the TPOD without touching MPCD.

It's unfortunate that the Harrier doesn't have a lot of axis binding options. However, the dial knobs on the throttle panel can still be mapped to control lightings via Joystick Gremlin axis to button function (For example, Light up when axis is around 1.0 and Lights down when axis is around -1.0. I can also avoid direct keymapping via use of virtual device buttons).

The bottom line is that there is plenty that you can do with this unit. The included software may still be early access, but with other software you can really have total control (except for syncronized lightings which I don't really need).

I have been eyeing this throttle for awhile and wondered how the company was to order from. I see the shipping time is pretty good. I may grab one since even in VR I still use my warthog switches and wish there were more. Flicking actual switches and buttons increases immersion for me rather than totally leaning on voiceattack and vaicom do execute most commands.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

Flicking the virtual buttons in the airplane is preferred by me in VR.

But a nice throttle is an asset and one day I will look for an update to my Saitek one.

But "Super Taurus" is just too much for me. How about "Manly Calf Throttle" or just "Full Throttle". "Super Taurus" sounds like something shady advised via spam mail, not like a serious simming toy.

;-)

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS

I have been eyeing this throttle for awhile and wondered how the company was to order from. I see the shipping time is pretty good. I may grab one since even in VR I still use my warthog switches and wish there were more. Flicking actual switches and buttons increases immersion for me rather than totally leaning on voiceattack and vaicom do execute most commands.

Operating these switches is tougher in VR as you can’t see them but doable if you do it enough. I also like tactile feedback from these switches better than virtual, also some cockpit switches in VR is near impossible to reach with mouse (those side switches toward the back of F16, for example, as you lack the peripheral vision with most VR goggles). I’m flying with TrackIR mostly right now trying to optimize bindings for various planes and making sure everything works well together and it has been a great fun.

Yes, shipping is excellent. Ordered it and received 6 days later. One of the fastest but you do pay for it though.

Operating these switches is tougher in VR as you can’t see them but doable if you do it enough. I also like tactile feedback from these switches better than virtual, also some cockpit switches in VR is near impossible to reach with mouse (those side switches toward the back of F16, for example, as you lack the peripheral vision with most VR goggles). I’m flying with TrackIR mostly right now trying to optimize bindings for various planes and making sure everything works well together and it has been a great fun.

Yes, shipping is excellent. Ordered it and received 6 days later. One of the fastest but you do pay for it though.

They charged $80 for shipping then? Ya shipping is expensive for VKB also. Just the stick shipped was $40 and is a damn site smaller and lighter than this throttle. But I got my stick in 6 days as well from China. It was worth it though given how much better the VKB is over the warthog. I use my switches on the warthog throttle all the time for AAR probe, landing gear, flaps, hook, AP, engine startup and APU. I then flcik the switches in the cockpit for other things when needed. It would be nice to have a glove or tracking that works with you bare hands in order to operate the cockpit. I know Varjo has something very close to it and you actually see your body in the HMD sitting in the cockpit and can operate things to some degree but I do not thin it works with DCS. Only another flight sim they use for marketing. It is $10k though and has a 87deg FOV but with 60PPD resolution. I will stick with the Reverb.lol

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

In VR, the startup panel switches are numerous enough and in a such a pattern that you pretty much need to find a reference point and count your way over. If I put a commonly used function next to a critical one, bad things happen if I don't start from a reference point and count over. Accidently deploying can be drag chute or lowering the gear in flight is bad. I think the solution is to use something that was made for warthog toggle switches: little shapes that fit on top such as a round lollipop shape for the landing gear handle and a flap shape for the flap switch. For me, this would be a pre-flight when switching aircraft: move the shapes to the correct positions, then you could find them faster and make fewer mistakes when in a hurry.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So I just got one of these and have used it for a few days with the F18 and F14 (I have other throttles for other planes)...

My overall impressions are much like the OP...

At first I really didn't like the fact I couldn't link the throttles, but really its a non issue after a bit of use, and really it seems like a "warthog" ism. I'm pretty sure you can't link them in the real jet anyway.

The one thing I don't love is that while the friction adjuster is usable as an axis, it also of course adjusts throttle friction which is a bummer if you just want to use it as an axis. I kinda wanted to see if I could use it for the harrier and have it adjust nozzle position (Like with the WH). But I can't have it changing the throttle feel when I do that.

I do use the rotaries on the panel for the hornet since its easier than to do it in VR with point control, and I use the probe extend buttons since they are easy to find, but for the rest of VR I mostly don't use it.

Software I used it once to turn off the lights. Then promptly disallowed it network access and took it out of startup.

I do like the fact that the throttle is pre-calibrated for the F18 and it works great with the finger lifts to just goto burner. I also like the fact the TDC slew works and works well.

The only downside control wise is the radar axis control when in the F18 works great for controlling the radar, but when you use it for the TGP you constantly have to hold it in position for it to zoom right. I don't think that's how it works in the real plane unfortunately, but don't really see a way to control the TGP zoom separately from the radar elevation.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The only downside control wise is the radar axis control when in the F18 works great for controlling the radar, but when you use it for the TGP you constantly have to hold it in position for it to zoom right. I don't think that's how it works in the real plane unfortunately, but don't really see a way to control the TGP zoom separately from the radar elevation.

For this I advice you to set up your antenna axis as dx buttons (you can do it in the winwing throttle) and use with antenna up and antenna down commands.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Just add a deadzone to the axis. I went into „Tune axis“ in DCS settings and set a deadzone of 10. That fixed the TGP usage (previously would be zoomed all the way in, unöes I was holding it constantly). I hope that is what you were explaining, as the fix is really simple ;)

Enjoyed the read Supmua and reposted it for others who visit my site:

http://jaytheskepticalengineer.com/recommended-reviews-from-others/

Thanks for taking the time to write that up. - Jay

My pleasure.

Got my Taurus today and just assembled it. Doesn't anybody have the same problem as mine: two grips have collision after getting split positions and trying to get coupled again?

I don't know but I've been told

It's been said that God is dead

Jet fighters never cry, jet fighters never die

I guess the spacers should help. But thought they are not necessary and just for adjusting hand palm ergonomics. Have you set them from begin?

I don't know but I've been told

It's been said that God is dead

Jet fighters never cry, jet fighters never die

Just add a deadzone to the axis. I went into „Tune axis“ in DCS settings and set a deadzone of 10. That fixed the TGP usage (previously would be zoomed all the way in, unöes I was holding it constantly). I hope that is what you were explaining, as the fix is really simple ;)

Boom. That did it. Thanks!

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Got my Taurus today and just assembled it. Doesn't anybody have the same problem as mine: two grips have collision after getting split positions and trying to get coupled again?

I really gotta wonder if this is a thing on the real plane or not. It took me a few hours to get used to both throttles not being coupled like on the WH, but now its a total non issue.

In regards to the throttles bumping into one another, check out Jabbers video at the 11:45 mark (

). He talks about some adjustments that you can make to prevent this.

Keep in mind that I never had this issue. I installed the spacers at the time I attached my handles for the first time. I have plenty of room between the left and right throttle.

vKgRZpowCS2mTAFQ8