My fist impression of Super Taurus Throttle

Supmua

Nice write up.....just ordered mine this morning.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

My fist impression of Super Taurus Throttle

Nice write up.....just ordered mine this morning.

It truly is one of the finest throttles out there. The modularity and capability of this thing eclipse everything else. Winwing really hit a home run with this one. Now if the software part can catch up it will be really super.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

In regards to the throttles bumping into one another, check out Jabbers video at the 11:45 mark (
). He talks about some adjustments that you can make to prevent this.

Keep in mind that I never had this issue. I installed the spacers at the time I attached my handles for the first time. I have plenty of room between the left and right throttle.

vKgRZpowCS2mTAFQ8

Me too...I don’t have this issue

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

In regards to the throttles bumping into one another, check out Jabbers video at the 11:45 mark (
). He talks about some adjustments that you can make to prevent this.

Keep in mind that I never had this issue. I installed the spacers at the time I attached my handles for the first time. I have plenty of room between the left and right throttle.

vKgRZpowCS2mTAFQ8

Looks like jabbers didn't get any spacers with his review unit

It truly is one of the finest throttles out there. The modularity and capability of this thing eclipse everything else. Winwing really hit a home run with this one. Now if the software part can catch up it will be really super.

I ordered the whole kit - throttle, stick and mounts.

I ordered the whole kit - throttle, stick and mounts.

Their stick is supposed to be very good, and their extension tubing is modular (adjustable length, which is a huge plus). I would’ve ordered it but already have too many grips that are not compatible with that base.

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

I have the whole kit. I have yet to mount and try the stick. I will eventually get to it.

I like the grip. I think their take on the Hornet grip is a little better in terms of keeping a more authentic appearance while also squeezing in a few more buttons/hats.

I love the adjustable extension. The combination of the variable height desk mount and the variable length extension if very appealing to me: you can match the height of the top of the grip to heights above the cockpit deck of real aircraft while also adjusting the extension to replicate the range of movement possible on the real aircraft.

The stick feels really smooth when you move it around, but unfortunately for me, the feel around the center is still too close to the way the Warthog feels. I can use my VKB gunfighter base with heavy TM grips and cams that don't have a hard center to get a buttery smooth feel around the center and I don't have any problems with centering despite the heavy weight and the offset of the 20 cm extension. But even if the cams were as smooth as the VKB, I have way too many grips I like to use with the VKB base to give it up for just the hornet grip. If I end up making a dedicated Hornet pit, the Winwing stick would be the perfect choice for it, leaving my VKB bases free for the generic multi-aircraft type application.

At some point in the near future, I am going to test the Winwing stick and its deskmount. I think I can also get the VKB base to fit on the deskmount or possibly make a simple adapter plate to make it fit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Their stick is supposed to be very good, and their extension tubing is modular (adjustable length, which is a huge plus). I would’ve ordered it but already have too many grips that are not compatible with that base.

I sold my Virpil/TM/VKB gear yesterday. My cockpit looks quiet bare....just the MFG crosswinds keeping me company.

• Like 1

Do we know how many days it takes them to ship?

Dragon Boat Festival on at the moment. I received an email stating that mine will ship next Monday.

Dragon Boat Festival on at the moment. I received an email stating that mine will ship next Monday.

Ahhh, that makes sense, thanks much for the input. Been trying to upgrade my CH hotas for months now and I'm getting antsy :)

I'm thinking about replacing my X-55 with these. I'm curious to know about how the stick feels around the center (sloppy like WH and X-55 or tight like they claim?) and the feel of the various buttons and switches. I've watched the youtube reviews, but those were all pre-production examples sent by the company itself. I always take things like that with a bit of salt, company's have a tendency to cherry pick for reviewers after all.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

I'm thinking about replacing my X-55 with these. I'm curious to know about how the stick feels around the center (sloppy like WH and X-55 or tight like they claim?) and the feel of the various buttons and switches. I've watched the youtube reviews, but those were all pre-production examples sent by the company itself. I always take things like that with a bit of salt, company's have a tendency to cherry pick for reviewers after all.

Give me a week and I'll let you know

The stick does not feel sloppy at all around the center. My problem with the stick is that you can feel when you hit the center. I don't mind the centering force. It is light enough to be precise, but I much prefer the much smoother, almost effortless transition across the center I get from my VKB base. If you consider the Warthog the worst case and the VKB the best case, the feel of the Winwing stick is about halfway between the two. The Winwing is a huge improvement over the Warthog, but for me, feels distinctly inferior to the VKB. It may be just a matter of being able to change springs/cams in the Winwing. Unlike the VKB, the Winwing did not come with any alternatives. If I use the "hard detent" cams and/or increase the spring tension on the VKB, the feeling becomes very similar to the Winwing.

If you have a Warthog and upgrade to the Winwing, I am pretty sure you won't regret it. The hardware appears to be very well engineered and it moves with very high precision. It is merely my personal preference for the feel around the center that makes the VKB so much more appealing to me.

Edited by streakeagle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can definitely feel when my VKB GF2 hits the center, there is a faint click that can be felt (using strong springs). Adding an extension tube might mitigate this but have never done it.

Virpil WarBRD is smooth throughout, but on the other hand wobbles around the center especially if you let go of the grip.

The stick does not feel sloppy at all around the center. My problem with the stick is that you can feel when you hit the center. I don't mind the centering force. It is light enough to be precise, but I much prefer the much smoother, almost effortless transition across the center I get from my VKB base. If you consider the Warthog the worst case and the VKB the best case, the feel of the Winwing stick is about halfway between the two. The Winwing is a huge improvement over the Warthog, but for me, feels distinctly inferior to the VKB. It may be just a matter of being able to change springs/cams in the Winwing. Unlike the VKB, the Winwing did not come with any alternatives. If I use the "hard detent" cams and/or increase the spring tension on the VKB, the feeling becomes very similar to the Winwing.

If you have a Warthog and upgrade to the Winwing, I am pretty sure you won't regret it. The hardware appears to be very well engineered and it moves with very high precision. It is merely my personal preference for the feel around the center that makes the VKB so much more appealing to me.

Are the soft or hard cams fitted?

Just received notification of shipment...woohoo!

My throttle has been awesome. No issues. Buttons and switches are easy too operate, no stickiness/looseness. No issues with axis or dial inputs. Should Winwing release the F-16 grip for this it will sell even more.

I can definitely feel when my VKB GF2 hits the center, there is a faint click that can be felt (using strong springs). Adding an extension tube might mitigate this but have never done it.

Virpil WarBRD is smooth throughout, but on the other hand wobbles around the center especially if you let go of the grip.

The only time I could feel center at all was when I was using double springs. But it didn't click at all, I could just feel it hitting the center. Using single #50s, it is buttery smooth.

Whereas the Wingwing stick is almost identical to the Warthog in this respect: I both feel and hear a "clunk" as I cross the center in either direction. In a weaving scissors, it very much annoys me.

Edited by streakeagle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The only time I could feel center at all was when I was using double springs. But it didn't click at all, I could just feel it hitting the center. Using single #50s, it is buttery smooth.

Whereas the Wingwing stick is almost identical to the Warthog in this respect: I both feel and hear a "clunk" as I cross the center in either direction. In a weaving scissors, it very much annoys me.

Spent a good hour adjusting the cams, springs and dampeners on my Super Libra and I can finally say that it feels great.