Gray Scale OSB button

Shotsx74

I haven't seen anyone bring this up or perhaps I didn't search correct titles, but how does one use the gray scale option on the DDI now?

I see once you hit it, it brings up the scales but how do you set it to something or can you not do this? And if you can't what is its purpose of being there?

I haven't seen anyone bring this up or perhaps I didn't search correct titles, but how does one use the gray scale option on the DDI now?

I see once you hit it, it brings up the scales but how do you set it to something or can you not do this? And if you can't what is its purpose of being there?

I asked the same question ...no responses :music_whistling:

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

It's just a scale to help the pilot calibrate the level and gain. Think of it as the gamma/brightness setting scale in games.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

It's just a scale to help the pilot calibrate the level and gain. Think of it as the gamma/brightness setting scale in games.

and how that works?...whats the control to calibrate ?

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

and how that works?...whats the control to calibrate ?
Disable ALG while in FLIR mode (not CCD) and then you press the button next to ZOOM, it'll change to LEVEL and then GAIN. You change the values with the buttons corresponding to the arrows.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Disable ALG while in FLIR mode (not CCD) and then you press the button next to ZOOM, it'll change to LEVEL and then GAIN. You change the values with the buttons corresponding to the arrows.

going to give a try ..hope I dont have to ask more dummy questions..lol :thumbup:

Works!!!!

Thanks Harker

The use of the gray scale function has been a mystery to me untill now reading this thread.

This underlines the usefulness of Mr Wagner's Hornet video.

By the way, I haven't heard from him lately. The last two Hornet mini update were done by someone else.

This is hoping he is doing good.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset