Question on multiple traps

Doc3908

Hi,

When practicing case 1 recovery, how to I handle the second (and third, etc. ) approach? In other words, after I trap (case 1) and hook up for a launch, how do I fly the next approach(es) - do I fly the clearing turn, then 7 miles along BRC, then all the way around for a full upwind-crosswind-downwind-base-final recovery or, after flying 7 miles along BRC, do I immediately turn downwind and trap again? Thanks!

Doc

I think this is what you're after. Fly a few with the hook up and then trap after you're low on gas.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

How does this work with the AI comms? Does it know you boltered? and can you simply go around as described, call the ball and land again?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

How does this work with the AI comms? Does it know you boltered? and can you simply go around as described, call the ball and land again?

Here's my experience (using easy comm):

On the first approach, I fly the full pattern - call "Inbound", then, when I get close, I call "See you at 10". At that point they tell me to contact tower. In the Tomcat, the tower call is automatically triggered (Jester???) when I'm within a couple of miles from the carrier. Then before I roll into crosswind I call "Flight Kiss Off". Afterwards the only comm happens when I'm in the groove and call the ball. Usually it shows up as a easy-comm menu option, but I have it bound to a hotas button (more on that later...).

After trapping, then hooking up to the cat and launching, I do the clearing turn (left or right depending on which cat I'm using), then fly the BRC course for about 5-7 miles. At this point I call "Inbound" again. Now here's the weird part. While I'm being instructed to call "See you at 10" when I get close, the tower calls me automatically and says "Signal is Charlie". This is probably a side effect of using easy comm.

At this point I have a choice: I can turn left and enter downwind directly or I can fly out and around then enter on the upwind (300kts/800ft) and fly the full pattern. My question was regarding proper procedure. In practice I usually just turn downwind (similar to a bolter pattern as Bunny Clark suggests).

The other weird thing is that on the second approach, the easy-comm menu does NOT have the option to call the ball. I use the hotas switch to call the ball, but it's weird that the option disappears from the comms menu.