[IMPROVEMENT REQUESTED]No more green FARP´s in the Desert

Crash *

Green_grassbase_desert.jpg.57884b5a1377d60d9f120fd12ace6107.jpg

A FARP with lush green grass. In the middle of the desert. Looks stupid and wrong? Yes absolutely.

The jets now have their super carrier. I think it's great. But is it so difficult to make a credible FARP for us helicopter pilots ? :huh: Just turn the green grass into a stone gray. Or a steel structure. This also fits in all desert areas (Nevada, Persian Gulf and soon also in Syria)

And instead of a green camouflage net for the weapons warehouse, just take a container with a door, window and air conditioning unit. Finished.

As a last suggestion, I would like to propose a universal desert skin for all countries without their own desert in their country. In this example, the German Huey with its forest and meadow taring is quite out of place there. Sweden, France etc. shouldn't be any different. Polychop is already thinking about such a universal skin, which I think is really great. :thumbup:

• Like 1

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

Yep been raised before, especially considering 66% of pay maps created are in a desert environment - unfortunately ED are all too poor on these easy wins.

It does need doing as it looks ridiculous and its purely a simple colour palette change / texture. Same with the HAS Shelters that are green and command centre (need a desert one also).

But of late i've come to the conclusion that unless you speak Russian and it is in the interest of the Dev's it won't get done. Half of ED's problems are caused by their internal structure, the best thing they could do is to diversify its code base to include European and US coder's, one to increase the productivity of the existing team but also for them to sharpen their pencil. Rather feel's like the Dev team have got the management of ED by the balls.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

why not 'center pivot irrigation'. anyone looking out the windows of an overhead airliner will see these. there are some near fallon nevada

What are these circles?

i would think it would be pretty easy to do.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

why not 'center pivot irrigation'. anyone looking out the windows of an overhead airliner will see these. there are some near fallon nevada

What are these circles?

i would think it would be pretty easy to do.

Not sure how this is related to the OP. And aside from that, I've only ever seen these circles in the US (then again, I'm not the most "traveled" man :P. only been to the US several times and Asia once..)

Anyways.. back on topic...

Desert colored FARP are well overdue. How difficult and time consuming can it be to just add some different textures to the existing model? While instead we do have winter and summer textures for ground units (only the utmost dedicated mission designers use those...)

(I know there are mods.. But I like a clean DCS install)

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

(I know there are mods.. But I like a clean DCS install)

I have no problem with using Mods for my own missions.. the only shortcoming being that they can’t be shared if the intended receiver doesn't like to use Mods.

SpLzNo3.jpg

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I have no problem with using Mods for my own missions.. the only shortcoming being that they can’t be shared if the intended receiver doesn't like to use Mods.

THIS!

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

Shouldn't be a large farp.

Just the mesh pad and then add your own ....... whatever.

No big mound etc.

helicopter-landing-pads.jpg

https://qualityeventflooring.com/solutions/military-flooring/

• Like 1

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Shouldn't be a large farp.

Just the mesh pad and then add your own ....... whatever.

No big mound etc.

https://qualityeventflooring.com/solutions/military-flooring/

Only "problem" is, the FARP model will need some height to be able to properly place it on terrain that's not 100% flat

Current FARP model height might be a little overdone, but reducing the height would probably also massively reduce possibilities to place it in the ME

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

+1 on this

correct, and another thing being that every now and then, mods get broken by new updates, which is really a shame.

why not have 3 different FARP heights (current, flat and intermediate) to solve the terrain placement problem?

Sure, extra options for landing spots would be great, but to avoid hours of modelling/texturing while still working on more important matters, I wished ED would just add an option to change the current FARP texture from green to desert tan.

I'm absolutely not a software developer, but I can't believe changing the green textures to desert tan textures should have to take more than one hour for one ED employee to implement and yet it would mean the world to us all

It literally took me 20 seconds to change the color of this part of a screenshot from Caucasus gras. Of which 10 seconds were used to startup PowerPoint :P

I know... I'm really skilled! :music_whistling:

Untitled.jpg.766d758646ab388b37288d819ef8e3a6.jpg

Untitled2.jpg.2100c54e5d83446c47ba90ac0fd0462e.jpg

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

• ED Team

Hi all

the team are going to improve the FARP but I can not give a time frame currently

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks BN :thumbup:

Oh and I totally allow ED to use the awesomely professional edited textures from my previous post

System specs:

• 5 months later...

Mods look good, until they break..

Also, for mission editors it's not ideal. You don't want people to have to download 10 mods before they can play your mission.

System specs:

• 4 weeks later...

The invisible FARP Option is a great improvement. This is pushing up the immersion greatly. Very good ED! 👍