After rearming and refueling?

I've tried this several times (Request Launch from the Ground Crew Comms menu) after performing a trap and I see the launch teams reposition for launch. However, when I then taxi to a catapult for a new launch I never get the signals for hook-up so I cannot launch again. The launch crew just stands there shuffling their feet and looking around like they're still waiting for an aircraft to approach their station. It doesn't matter which cat I taxi to, I get no further action.

Kinda makes it difficult to practice launch/recovery when I can only get one cycle. Any "secrets" I'm missing?

• 7 months later...

I'm having the same problem as @Highspeed1964 In the F-18 I start a mission from cold start on the USS TDR and the deck crew guides me onto the CAT and launches me just fine.  When I return, trap, shutdown the jet, then re-start engines, the deck crew goes back out to their launch positions, but when I taxi up to the CAT, they don't react at all. I've tried requesting launch from the radio menu, saluting, pressing "U" nothing, they just stand there.  The Comms options for TDR ATC says, "Departure Ship, Ready for Takeoff", so I don't know why the deck crew are not reacting after they get back into position.  Hopefully someone has a magic step I'm missing.

[RESOLVED] 1/12/2021
I fixed the problem.  After reading similar issues with MP missions and planes spawning too close to the Jet Blast Deflector (JBD) I realized I had one static aircraft parked too close to the CAT1 JBD. Once I moved that static jet the deck crew then started responding to my request to re-launch after traps. Didn't even have to shutdown the jet. Hope this helps some others struggling like I was.

Edited by bearcban501
  • Like 1