Weapons System CMD DEPRESSED is not unlocking target

Hitnrun

I am new to DCS, using Openbeta.

While doing the radar training mission, I lock the target in TWS, switch to STT, everything is ok.

When the target is about 10nm from the, the green lines and green target data becomes yellow, and after this I cannot unlock from it any more. Weapons System CMD DEPRESSED does nothing, I tried event mapping it to keyboard, but it does not work.

I don't remeber when doing trainings before the lines becoming yellow, is this normal? See screenshot.

Screen_200530_152912.thumb.png.3594b641ad631e3dd62f7346cc698582.png

Totally normal. The yellow contact is not an actual contact, but rather the last known position of the contact before the radar lost it. The contact will continue to move on the radar according to the latest known course and speed until you manually dismiss it with the VTB Theta Up switch (where you also see the RAZ indication).

Totally normal. The yellow contact is not an actual contact, but rather the last known position of the contact before the radar lost it. The contact will continue to move on the radar according to the latest known course and speed until you manually dismiss it with the VTB Theta Up switch (where you also see the RAZ indication).

Thanks, I couldn't find this in any manual.

As for the Weapons System CMD DEPRESSED, should't it deselect the current locked target like when no targets are locked, or it is supposed to stay this way?

Thanks, I couldn't find this in any manual.

As for the Weapons System CMD DEPRESSED, should't it deselect the current locked target like when no targets are locked, or it is supposed to stay this way?

Again, when it's yellow, it isn't a locked target, it's a memory track of previous/ lost target.

So you can lock a contact, get dat about it (track & speed), break lock and you will get velocity vector for that target. As long as the contact keeps constant track and speed, the green echo will stay with yellow ghost contact.

At the same time, you can get another lock on another target.

So you will get one radar track (green) + one memory track (yellow) on screen.

Like said, you can erase yellow track with theta up, and you can prevent it from re-appearing by un-selecting "RDO" on PCA's top row while in AA mode.

RDO is ON by default.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

It's supposed to stay this way, apparently the previous functionality was incorrect.

Ah ok, I tried to find this information on the changelogs, but didn't find it.

Again, when it's yellow, it isn't a locked target, it's a memory track of previous/ lost target.

So you can lock a contact, get dat about it (track & speed), break lock and you will get velocity vector for that target. As long as the contact keeps constant track and speed, the green echo will stay with yellow ghost contact.

At the same time, you can get another lock on another target.

So you will get one radar track (green) + one memory track (yellow) on screen.

Like said, you can erase yellow track with theta up, and you can prevent it from re-appearing by un-selecting "RDO" on PCA's top row while in AA mode.

RDO is ON by default.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I find weird that I cannot leave anything locked like it was before I locked the first one, but this should be the way the real airplane does.

I can do this by swithing the radar totallly off and on again, but it wouldn't be a wise thing to do in a dogfight!

Maybe it's a language problem :huh:

You don't have to turn off radar.

To erase RDO contact (yellow) = theta up, it's the bottom button on the left side of the radar screen, close to "RAZ" written on the radar screen.

If you don't want to have the radar screen cluttered with RDO contact, with any AA weapon selected, click on "RDO" on PCA (S turns off on the button).

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Maybe it's a language problem :huh:

You don't have to turn off radar.

To erase RDO contact (yellow) = theta up, it's the bottom button on the left side of the radar screen, close to "RAZ" written on the radar screen.

If you don't want to have the radar screen cluttered with RDO contact, with any AA weapon selected, click on "RDO" on PCA (S turns off on the button).

Yes, I understood about RDO and yellow lines, tested it and it is ok.

What I wanted is unlock a target that I locked with the TDC, that is in front on me. Looks like this is not possible.

That part didn't change, it's still Weapon System CMD Depress to unlock radar contact.

Yes, this was my original question, together with the yellow line one: Weapon System CMD Depress is not unlocking a target for me. I lock a target, and pressing it does nothing.