[REPORTED]AAA behavior related to dedicated server mission start time

JG13Wulf

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create a mission where we start à 3:40 am. So it's quite dark and we have to cross the channel to attack a mysterious objective in France. Problem : there is lot of Flak in France.

the time we need to take off, regroup and cross the channel is about 30 to 40 minutes (the take off is retarded for some reason). So we arrive in France at about 4:10 to 4:20 and the sunlight make us quite visible.

But, we are lucky the Flak don't even try to shoot !

So I make some test because in solo it shoot and on server I host (so not dedicated one), it shoot too.

I make some test and modify the start time of the mission and placing a plane just off the French coast (about one minute to travel to the first AAA position) and I notice this

With mission start at 4:20, Flak is there, quite heavy, and hard to cross (just as it should be). 88mm and 20 mm shoot without any problem.

With mission start at 4:10, Flak is less present. 88mm shoot less and is less precise. 20mm don't even shoot. I tried to loop 10+ minutes to see if it wake up at 4:20 but no. It stay in sleep forever ...

In fact that's not totally true. It wake up if I turn on the Nav light ! But it return to sleep few moment after you turn your light off again.

So by those test, I think, on dedicated server, the AAA don't update is behavior with hour passing. It stay in the behavior it has at the mission start. And this behavior depend of the luminosity.

(Please I'm using stable and it's quite disastrous for creating long mission scenario using the new light system ... don't let this behavior stay for month :helpsmilie ::cry: )

A75Npwn.png

(* Please, help the Spitfire get shot down * ) :music_whistling:

Edited by JG13~Wulf

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Hi

we do have a report already open for this.

If you do have the mission handy please attach it so we can also test it

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

we do have a report already open for this.

If you do have the mission handy please attach it so we can also test it

thank you

See the mission linked below.

NOTE:

The bug ONLY shows when:

1. The mission is hosted in multiplayer

2. The mission is hosted on a server with DCS rendering turned OFF (i..e with he dedicated server tool)

3. The mission start time is set before 0500 in the morning.

You should see that the mission I have linked below starts in the afternoon. The AI aircraft and units/ flak do appear to activate when they should (AI aircraft will engage each other and flak will fire).

Then, change the start time to anything before 0500. Now the AI will NOT engage hostiles at all, either before 0500 or if you allow the mission to continue running past 0500.

download link - from google drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f_imKWio83YJun_Mv0e7iZ59AoVwSgFL/view?usp=sharing

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

• ED Team

Thanks I have added this link to the report.

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...

I can confirm, and the bug seems to affect all AI, not just AAA units. Attached is a link to a folder with 2 track files. In the first just after mission start I fly directly over and attack ground units numerous times and they do not fire at any stage. In the second light levels are much higher and I fly directly over an enemy ship, enemy airfields and attack a bomber formation - none of the AI engage at any stage. The same issues were affecting players in all aircraft types, from both coalitions.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1C4KbfBbKLT8RNDoOX9B3F5BGhvHcOj3Y?usp=sharing

Edited by burritto
Add link to trk files

Bug still there and its not just ground units. I intercepted a group of bombers and none of them fired back at me. I even took off from Lessay and flew to an enemy airfield and landed. Nothing shot at me no AA, no ships and no ground units. My track files seem to big to post.

If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough.

I can confirm in the same mission as the replies above, all AI does not return fire. FLAK / AAA did not return fire as I overflew Caen which has AAA batteries spread around. The enemy tanks did not return fire, even when I flew right towards them and very low.

In all other cases I have always taken fire by the FLAK around Caen and the tanks when flying low and into their turret or hull machine gun line of fire.

Mission start time was early in the morning at 03:40. The mission lasts for 5 hours, 45 minutes. The action of this track is around the time of 07:00 to 7:10. Despite being bright day, none of the AI returns fire. Earlier in the mission not part of this track, I was in a dogfight over a friendly airfield and ship, both did not open fire on the enemy. With all the other confirmations from other players, the AI unresponsiveness seem to last the entire duration of the mission.

Link to track: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YBbG9CJim9Anj-UVSY-E2HnkjaGjpbZE/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Stuntman

My channel of airshows, films, documentaries, trailers and flight sim videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv11KUCTp_SB7J-VXFV9peQ