[Suggestion] Add more air sound effects and variations!

Shadoware

I was watching the following cockpit video and I noticed there are lots of sound variations when the pilot do high G maneuvers! The air flowing around aircraft causes vibrations and turbulence too.

This sound effects enhance the feeling of how strong the maneuver is!

It would be very cool to experience more sound effects in DCS like this:

Edited by Shadoware

No doubt! This kind of 'soundtrack' is what's always been obviously missing from flight sims, and DCS World is no exception.

There's tons of air whizzing over the surface of a fighter jet in flight, it isn't all smooth and quiet in there--especially at high AoA. These aren't cushy-tushy passenger airliners and they aren't flown like them.

A great sound scheme that reflects how the plane is being maneuvered would add greatly to the immersion!

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

No doubt! This kind of 'soundtrack' is what's always been obviously missing from flight sims, and DCS World is no exception.

There's tons of air whizzing over the surface of a fighter jet in flight, it isn't all smooth and quiet in there--especially at high AoA. These aren't cushy-tushy passenger airliners and they aren't flown like them.

A great sound scheme that reflects how the plane is being maneuvered would add greatly to the immersion!

AD

You expressed the idea perfectly!

Was flying that WW1 sim today in VR , and noticed the wind noise as i moved my head from behind the windshield . It got progressively louder the further out-of-position.i got . Very cool .

You can certainly tell when you're in high-alpha (or if the leading-edge slats are out) with the Hornet by the sound-also very cool .

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2