Strange TPOD behaviour

wuerfel

Hi,

after the recent update, I cant figure out the TPOD anymore. I was trying to mark a target with the laser for the AGM-65E. The target was moving so I selected point track (PTRK). But once in this mode (and the ATRK likewise) I cant slave the TPOD anymore, it just wont respond to my inputs. Once I leave PTRK/ATRK, I can slave it again. I double checked for our diamond of course.

I found out, once hitting enter key a new small crosshair can be moved inside the current pod field of view. But it doesnt seem to do anything.

Another thing regarding the LSS function: Back then, once a JTAC lased a target for you, the pod was ablee to find it via the LSS button. But now, only a big cross hair appears, "LSS" is flashing and nothing to see.

Help?

Slewing is now disabled in ATRK and PTRK modes. Depressing the TDC in either of those modes will activate the Offset Aiming Cursor. Slewing the offset cursor and depressing the TDC will shift the TGT position to the offset position, which the pod will snap to once leaving ATRK/PTRK.

LSS still works, it just doesn't perform the same scan pattern as it did before or show the freeze frame before beginning the scan. If you observe the pod from an external camera, you can see the pod now makes very narrow sweeps around the original aiming point, with a option on OSB 6 to toggle the scan area FOV between wide and narrow.

Pod is still WIP, some processes may change.

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Slewing is now disabled in ATRK and PTRK modes. Depressing the TDC in either of those modes will activate the Offset Aiming Cursor. Slewing the offset cursor and depressing the TDC will shift the TGT position to the offset position, which the pod will snap to once leaving ATRK/PTRK.

LSS still works, it just doesn't perform the same scan pattern as it did before or show the freeze frame before beginning the scan. If you observe the pod from an external camera, you can see the pod now makes very narrow sweeps around the original aiming point, with a option on OSB 6 to toggle the scan area FOV between wide and narrow.

Pod is still WIP, some processes may change.

Why aiming reticle appear down left corner when i active FLIR on DDI and what is this FRZ function top screen?

Why aiming reticle appear down left corner when i active FLIR on DDI and what is this FRZ function top screen?

Aiming reticule? Do you mean the attitude indicator? That is used to show the aircrafts position whilst you are heads down

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Aiming reticule? Do you mean the attitude indicator? That is used to show the aircrafts position whilst you are heads down

^Does it mean to look like this now^ (if so then sorry my stupid questions) and what is this FRZ function? It's hard to find any tutorials this new flir update!

^Does it mean to look like this now^ (if so then sorry my stupid questions) and what is this FRZ function? It's hard to find any tutorials this new flir update!

Yeah that looks normal. What do you mean FRZ, I've never seen or heard anyone mention that.

Yeah that looks normal. What do you mean FRZ, I've never seen or heard anyone mention that.

Okey it's just attitude indicator then! To me FRZ function appear top center ddi display when i use flir! I can activate it and square also appear to indicate it is activated but i don't know what it actually do?!?

FRZ = Freeze; it's the option on OSB 8. It freezes the seeker image when pressed. I'd venture to guess it's mainly used for ISR.

Okey thanks!!! Damn i need to find tutorial, this new flir mechanics seems so complicated.

Does PTRK work at the moment? If yes: how to track a moving target?

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

Does PTRK work at the moment? If yes: how to track a moving target?

I haven't been able to. The logic was really clumsy before so to get ptrk I'd keep slewing until the reticle jumped to the target. Now you have to be right upon entering ptrk or you have to cycle out of it.

Either it no longer works at all or the precision required is so high that we just can't see it working.

I don't wanna try to understand the current TGP logic. I think it would only make it harder to understand the functionality of the final TGP.

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

The Hornet doesn't have a boresight command for the pod, you can either slave it to the velocity vector (VVSLV) or put it in Snowplow (default aiming mode at power-up, returns to this mode after Undesignate).

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

The Hornet doesn't have a boresight command for the pod, you can either slave it to the velocity vector (VVSLV) or put it in Snowplow (default aiming mode at power-up, returns to this mode after Undesignate).

Thanks, how do you slave to the velocity vector? Cage/Uncage used to work..

AKA Gaffer

Cage/Uncage is supposed to command the pod into LSS, it's currently bugged at the moment. You can unstick it by designating and undesignating to return to Snowplow mode, or entering VVSLV by double-pressing Undesignate.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor

Cage/Uncage is supposed to command the pod into LSS, it's currently bugged at the moment. You can unstick it by designating and undesignating to return to Snowplow mode, or entering VVSLV by double-pressing Undesignate.

Thanks!

AKA Gaffer

Looks like some times i cant undesignate a designated target and if i uncage i cant take out the TGP again and the designated target is still there, so VVSLV dont appear (it only appears when theres no designated target).

I can turn off and on FLIR and TGP comes out again but someone knows if theres a workaround for when i cant undesignate?

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

Undesignate in INR mode will snowplough the pod and remove TGT

Undesignate in ATRK/PTRK will remove the offset cursor and TGT

Cage/Uncage will command LSS

Double Undesignate in INR mode will command VVSL

So to return to snowplough you will want to be in INR and then undesignate, or likewise for VVSL.

Bugs:

JDAM in TOO will create a TGT behind the aircraft, making the pod slave to it and appear broken.

Cag/Uncage is WIP, so the LSS thing doesnt work meaning cage/uncage will appear to break the pod.

Undesignate in INR mode will snowplough the pod and remove TGT

Undesignate in ATRK/PTRK will remove the offset cursor and TGT

Cage/Uncage will command LSS

Double Undesignate in INR mode will command VVSL

So to return to snowplough you will want to be in INR and then undesignate, or likewise for VVSL.

Bugs:

JDAM in TOO will create a TGT behind the aircraft, making the pod slave to it and appear broken.

Cag/Uncage is WIP, so the LSS thing doesnt work meaning cage/uncage will appear to break the pod.

Well i did some more test and my problem its related to JDAM in TOO mode that you mean, selecting PP mode fix it

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

Well i did some more test and my problem its related to JDAM in TOO mode that you mean, selecting PP mode fix it

but what if the last JDAM was dropped in TOO mode. How can I get the VVSLV mode of the TGP back? I'm stuck in the TOO mode where VVSLV is not selectable bc it is not there.