Micro Development Update

Cobra847

Guest BDE69420

Ey, yo, what it is hoes, me myself, yo, I'm just lookin' to get down wit dat Tomcat A model. Keep dat pimp han strong.

Good to hear about exterior sound overhaul for AJS37. Just bought it, the external loop sound in low RPM and poor aftherburner sound is very sad.

Despite that, module is amazing! Thanks for the hard work.:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

We have information that the F-14 A version should be available by the end of July. Due to the fact that ED introduced the monthly patch interval and we haven't received it today, does it mean that the F-14A will be released in August?

We have information that the F-14 A version should be available by the end of July. Due to the fact that ED introduced the monthly patch interval and we haven't received it today, does it mean that the F-14A will be released in August?

No it just means it won't be released BEFORE August. So the window for release is now August - Heat Death Of The Universe.

Yes..the "A", Jester Lantirn, Forestall, A-6 AI (please hurry up with this guys)..It's getting close to a year and a half, I can't imagine what the hold up is.

The hold up is that the core engine is on fire, and they keep having to fix/patch their product to keep up with all the new fires. They've had various features "ready" that just keep breaking or now working in the builds ED would whip up. Case in point, new Phoenix guidance modeling that wouldn't work in multiplayer but was working fine for SP, and got pulled back out of a pending update what, late last year? 1st Quarter?

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Im sure Heatblur will not dissapoint . Will be a full fidelity first SuperCarrier, including all the ED SC features, with further upgrades.The only concern is that we will need some scorts from the 70s apart of the OHP.

In the first post you said the initial release of the "A" would come "through the end of July". As 2 weeks are left only, can we still expect this to happen or was it pushed to a later date? Thanks!

Wouldn't expect it this months due to ED's new monthly update schedule. Also no real previews on the A or Forrestal as was said by HB. I'll believe it when I see it in my DCS.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know what the forrestal will look like ? if its going to be a stock experience like the stennis or will get Super carrier treatment, or even maybe something in the middle of the road ?

I think listening to the pod cast interview with HB recently it will be more like the Stennis feature wise, but with some quirks like a smaller deck and 5 wires.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Which is totally fine as long as the deck physics are solid.

I know right.

Id be happy if they released anything at all now - I definitely feel behind the scenes ED pressured HB HARD to not release their carrier ANYWHERE NEAR SC release.

The A pit screenshot I seen (Was that real? big Vdi gauge in where the pilot TID repeater is?)

loooked reallly cool

Im sure Heatblur will not dissapoint . Will be a full fidelity first SuperCarrier, including all the ED SC features, with further upgrades.The only concern is that we will need some scorts from the 70s apart of the OHP.

I would be careful with such statements. People here tend to take them for granted when they read them, although the devs have never said anything like that...

I'm actually wondering what made you think that in the first place? :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I know right.

Id be happy if they released anything at all now - I definitely feel behind the scenes ED pressured HB HARD to not release their carrier ANYWHERE NEAR SC release.

The A pit screenshot I seen (Was that real? big Vdi gauge in where the pilot TID repeater is?)

loooked reallly cool

That was from the prototype. The A cockpit is 99% the same as our current B (we even have the A's engine instruments in the B :music_whistling: ) The only major difference is the ALR-45 (lack of a RWR gauge in the front pit) and some minor panel changes here and there.

And I indeed do hope to at least see some previews of both the A and Forrestal fairly soon as those are long overdue (supposed to come out last year?). Almost 1,5 years without any significant new content is kind of ridiculous at this point.

Edited by Airhunter

And I indeed do hope to at least see some previews of both the A and Forrestal fairly soon as those are long overdue (supposed to come out last year?). Almost 1,5 years without any significant new content is kind of ridiculous at this point.

+1

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

And yet Heatblur have been pretty transparent; The Forrestal was both reliant upon core ED coding which was ever changing in regards to making the Supercarrier functional, and is still evolving, and reading between the lines, ED would not want to see a partner release a product of similar capacity in competition, particularly when their core market for Supercarrier would already be F-14 owners.

Ridiculous? In the time of Covid? When a senior member of the Heatblur team alluded to a family crisis/tragedy not long into lockdown? When out of nowhere the lighting engine code got modified and screwed their hitherto almost perfect balance of illumination and the forums were raging with customers demanding a lighting fix? With the focus on getting TWS-A usable? Trying to work through the AIM-54 issues and the API? Having to assist ED to ensure that F-14 would work with the Supercarrier module (did you even notice the level of vitriol across the community when it was even hinted that Tomcat integration could be incomplete - NOT non-existent, by the way, just incomplete I remind you; now THERE is your definition of ridiculous)?

No, ridiculous would be a good description of some peoples level of expectation, sense of entitlement and arguably ignorance in relation to the effort, hurdles, unexpected issues and moving goal posts that Heatblur have fought through.

Some of you need to get into the damn plane and fly it and remind yourselves what a magnificent achievement the F-14 already is, despite whatever you perceive to be lacking. Sure I look forward to Jester Lantirn integration, the -A and the Forrestal, but you have a module that is already one of the best available and in terms of core systems, most feature complete and as such able to be thoroughly enjoyed. And I do it enjoy it, thoroughly.

And yet Heatblur have been pretty transparent; The Forrestal was both reliant upon core ED coding which was ever changing in regards to making the Supercarrier functional, and is still evolving, and reading between the lines, ED would not want to see a partner release a product of similar capacity in competition, particularly when their core market for Supercarrier would already be F-14 owners.

Ridiculous? In the time of Covid? When a senior member of the Heatblur team alluded to a family crisis/tragedy not long into lockdown? When out of nowhere the lighting engine code got modified and screwed their hitherto almost perfect balance of illumination and the forums were raging with customers demanding a lighting fix? With the focus on getting TWS-A usable? Trying to work through the AIM-54 issues and the API? Having to assist ED to ensure that F-14 would work with the Supercarrier module (did you even notice the level of vitriol across the community when it was even hinted that Tomcat integration could be incomplete - NOT non-existent, by the way, just incomplete I remind you; now THERE is your definition of ridiculous)?

No, ridiculous would be a good description of some peoples level of expectation, sense of entitlement and arguably ignorance in relation to the effort, hurdles, unexpected issues and moving goal posts that Heatblur have fought through.

Some of you need to get into the damn plane and fly it and remind yourselves what a magnificent achievement the F-14 already is, despite whatever you perceive to be lacking. Sure I look forward to Jester Lantirn integration, the -A and the Forrestal, but you have a module that is already one of the best available and in terms of core systems, most feature complete and as such able to be thoroughly enjoyed. And I do it enjoy it, thoroughly.

Sure, hands down my favorite module and I give credit where credit is due. However, as a paying customer I can give my feedback and express criticism. Minor and major things myself and others have reported shortly after release still haven't been fixed. Dates for the -A an Forrestal have continuously slipped farther and farther - hence why it is better to never give out any release windows or dates in the first place unless you are 100% sure (just read through the last 3 development updates). The same can be seen with the Viggen as well.

You need to stop telling people what they should or should not do.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

You need to stop telling people what they should or should not do.

When people communicate with more civility and consideration for the travails of others and don't hide behind internet forum anonymity to dispense vitriol, insults or jeering criticism, then sir, you shall find me a most agreeable and cordial forum companion.

Till that day, I will respond measure for measure to those who initiate the use of toxic, disparaging or deprecating verbiage when dealing with either 1. developers who have fallen behind some perceived level of performance/timescale, or 2. forum users who bring a valid and polite point of order or critique.

Good manners cost NOTHING.

The faceless names at the other side of these avatars are people, with problems professional and personal just like the rest of us

The Heatblur team in particular are THE most in touch with the community here (if one takes the trouble to do even the minimum of searching) and generally have always said when any given forthcoming feature is shaping up for release barring any unforeseen issues and been good enough to both apologise if said feature has experienced pushback and generally try to explain why it was delayed, given a level of professional confidence and NDAs that must be adhered to; or would you like Heatblur to face even further production delays, or god forbid, potential liquidation due to being sued?