Can anyone see an obvious mistake here?

Stevo_HR

Model Viewer doesn't pick it up at all but in game I can select the livery however it shows the blocky green 'missing texture' all over the model.

description.lua and textures installed at:

C:\Users\****\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\ch-47d\ch-47_green rsaf

I used the latest .dds exporter from Nvidia for Photoshop 2020 and saved out as bca1 if that makes any difference. Also I noticed a lot of inconsistency with capitalisation in the official ED files so I am assuming it is not case sensitive. Is that right? : )

Thanks for any support.

5Z5f9UU.png

Thanks Megalax, setting them all to false got me a step closer. But there was a missing texture where the number should have been. After a bit of trial and error I ended up with:

livery = {
{"CH-47_01", 0, "ch-47_green rsaf", false},
{"CH-47 Numbers_W", 1, "ch-47 numbers_w", true},
{"CH-47_Numbers_B UK", 1, "ch-47 numbers_b uk", true},
}
name = "CH-47_Green RSAF"
countries = {
"UK",
}

Which worked, so now I can start work on the skin (and hopefully others) without worrying about not getting it in game after. :thumbup:

true tells DCS to look for any textures in the textures folder. False tells DCS to look for your textures in the liveries folder.

So if you have a texture in the same folder as the .lua, then assigning false to a line tell it to look for the specified texture in that folder. Assigning a true will tell it to not look in that folder but instead get the default texture.

Megalax's Livery Studio

My Liveries in the User Files

I'll stick a maple leaf on anything...