"377 missing aliases"

kingfish

This is possibly a "Just dont worry about it" issue:

VAICOM generally works fine for me (normal stuff, AIRIO, and carrier ATC), but when I hit "test" in the editor panel, it shows a bunch of missing aliases followed by "377 missing aliases in VA profile VAICOM PRO for DCS World." I've tried repeating the FINISH steps again to see if that would help, but it doesn't change anything. Have I messed something up, or should I just not worry about it as long as everything seems to be functioning?

I mostly fly the F-18, and mostly as a flight sim rather than a combat sim.

Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1080, 16gb DDR4 3600, Valve Index

TM Stick/Throttle, Saitek Pedals, VAICOM

If you have not added a load of your own aliases try resetting the VAICOM database

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

• 1 year later...

I freshly installed and it says 78 missing aliases to begin with. Salute, Request launch not working for example

And yes I got the RealATC License installed.

Edited by Brockn
  • Like 1

FW190A8|FW190D9|F14|F15C|F18|A-10C|AV8B|BS2|UH1H|Mi8|Gazelle|Persian Gulf|Normandie|Eurofighter Typhoon

On 10/22/2021 at 5:38 PM, Brockn said:

I freshly installed and it says 78 missing aliases to begin with. Salute, Request launch not working for example

Did you do the "Finish" step? If you did that after installing a fresh profile and still have the problem then I suspect you have a corrupted keyword database. This happens occasionally for reasons I don't understand. You need to do a reset on the database. (In fact, I've generally found that it's rarely the profile that is the problem, but rather the database.) Also, if you have a bunch of aliases imported from the F10 menu then you may have to delete those and recreate them. These are matched to actions via internal IDs and I suspect those sometimes change when a mission or DCS is updated.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

As several people have the same problems right after the Update, I am pretty sure that this is not an individual, user related, database corruption. 

System: Asus ROG STRIX X570 , Ryzen 9 5900X , ASUS ROG STRIX LC 240 , 64 GB GSkill 3200 Trident Z , Powercolor Red Devil RX 6900 XT , Running SSD only

Input: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog , Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals , Track IR 5, VoiceAttac with Vaicom Pro, HP Reverb G2

DCS Open Beta , Nevada NTTR Map, Persian Gulf Map , Syria Map, F-14 Tomcat , F/A-18C Hornet , F-16 Viper, AV-8B Harrier, Supercarrier

On 10/22/2021 at 10:38 PM, Brockn said:

Press the Test button on the Configuration window , a number of  missing aliases will show at the bottom, Hit the Windows key + V to get the clipboard and you'll see a list of the Aliases that are missing

On 10/25/2021 at 7:36 PM, sthompson said:

Did you do the "Finish" step? If you did that after installing a fresh profile and still have the problem then I suspect you have a corrupted keyword database. This happens occasionally for reasons I don't understand. You need to do a reset on the database. (In fact, I've generally found that it's rarely the profile that is the problem, but rather the database.) Also, if you have a bunch of aliases imported from the F10 menu then you may have to delete those and recreate them. These are matched to actions via internal IDs and I suspect those sometimes change when a mission or DCS is updated.

On 10/25/2021 at 11:45 PM, Shane45 said:

Press the Test button on the Configuration window , a number of  missing aliases will show at the bottom, Hit the Windows key + V to get the clipboard and you'll see a list of the Aliases that are missing

So. What I did, copy out those keywords an manually added each single one, painstakingly, in the multi line.

For reference. When I first posted, that was a fresh install of VA and VIACOM as I never owned both beforehand.

Edited by Brockn

FW190A8|FW190D9|F14|F15C|F18|A-10C|AV8B|BS2|UH1H|Mi8|Gazelle|Persian Gulf|Normandie|Eurofighter Typhoon