Logitech X56 fault

Hi,

This is actually the second X56 I've owned. When setting the new X56 up, I soon realised there was an issue with the 3-position mode switch, as on my previous unit this was illuminated green regardless of the other colour illuminating the throttle/stick. The mode switch appears completely dead and the software doesn't detect any position......just wondering if anyone has experience of this fault - or has a photo of the throttle internals. I imagine it's a fairly simple fix and I'd rather just fix myself given Amazon are saying mid-July for a replacement.....but would like to have an idea of what's what inside before I invalidate the guarantee.

I know the X56 isn't everyone's favourite, but I am quite happy with the design and most of the things people list as negative don't bother me. The stick has awful slop, but I am planning to remove as much of this as possible soon by machining a new bush (hence not being bothered about losing the guarantee).

Many thanks,

Mike

Sokol1 is our resident controller guy . Perhaps a pm .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

didn't know this model.

It looks very nice with lots of features for a good price. Why is it not a favourite among the comunity?

Unfortunate reputation re quality .

[Edit] sniped !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

didn't know this model.

It looks very nice with lots of features for a good price. Why is it not a favourite among the comunity?

As mentioned above, the quality control is absolutely horrific. Shame really as its features and price are placed just right in my opinion for the casual flight simmer.

Thrustmaster is not keeping up with the Demand for the Warthog. Always back ordered. I have been waiting for mine for over 3 dang months !!!

Is this the pro hotas you referring too? Which Logitech Hotas works better for DCS ? Are all of them have issues?

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Just to conclude this thread. In the end I spoke to Amazon and they sent me a replacement.....which works OK (accepting the many quirks that come along with the controller!). The stick has lots of slop (plans to remove this are afoot) and the throttle friction adjuster broke instantly, despite being very careful knowing it was a common part to fail. Shame they can't up the quality control a bit.

Burt - no this is the X56, I think the Pro is the previous version. I can't comment on that as I have no experience of it. Thanks.

didn't know this model.

I actually sold my Warthog Throttle (kept the stick) and bought the X-56 (newer all black version) just for the throttle and sold the stick that comes with it. It is, minus the plastic construction, the most capable mainstream throttle on the market. My favorite feature is the metal mouse scroll wheel near the pinky. I use it for quick zooming in and out since the button-assigned zoom in DCS controls is SO slow.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

I actually sold my Warthog Throttle (kept the stick) and bought the X-56 (newer all black version) just for the throttle and sold the stick that comes with it. It is, minus the plastic construction, the most capable mainstream throttle on the market. My favorite feature is the metal mouse scroll wheel near the pinky. I use it for quick zooming in and out since the button-assigned zoom in DCS controls is SO slow.

Hi - that dial is one of the controls I have struggled to find a use for - and agree it's a nicely placed dial with a good feel. I have tried in the past to bind it to zoom in/out but could never get it to work very well. Are you binding to "Num /" and "Num *"? Or are you using the fast zoom in/out? When I try this it just goes to either extreme with one click. Would be good to get this working acceptably for zoom as that would be very useful.

Also, would be interested to hear what you've used the two dials on the right throttle for? I'm still experimenting, but currently have the top one programmed in bands for various snap views via the Logitech software.

Thanks,

Mike

I had to settle with T.16000M

If you dont need dual throttle, then the TWCS that comes with the T1600 is actually very usable with a little modding to reduce fiction and sticky-ness. Out of the box I found it quite horrible, but just removing the tensioner and applying some decent grease is all thats really needed. I added a magnetic latch for after burner detent and Im gonna add lm8uu bearings too using a 3d printed adapter, because, well, why not?

But the layout of the throttle and buttons and hatswitches and sliders is actually excellent and they all work well, it looks cheap, but I was pleasantly surprised. No experience with the stick or rudder..