3D Printed Hornet Front Panel - VR

Jself

1 ora fa, Eldritch ha scritto:
OK War_pig  .This week can be hard, we have National Holidays in Poland,
 but next week I will try to stabilize my files, 
If, of course, Jself agrees , for example for DDI or for AMPCD and I will show how 
I did it (some little tutorial) and upload files to my Google drive, :) and share, however, 
I apologize in advance for the mess in the naming of the files are mostly in Polish, but the content will tell you what it fits.

an Angel.....

14 minutes ago, X_legio said:

Omg thank you very much, I start to print, will wait for the tutorial about how assemble it 

Understand me well! This is not a complete set of files, These are just my modifications,. 
The right files were provided by Jself and look for links on the 1st page of this topic. 
The only thing that is mine from the very beginning is DDI. The left one is the same as the right one. 
If I find the time, I will drop an AMPCD, which Jself did not make but bought :)
  • Thanks 1

On 7/4/2020 at 9:55 PM, Jself said:

I got the last couple bugs worked out and the panel mounted. Its 100% functional and I'm very please with the way it turned out. Its definitely not a 1:1 Hornet replica, but it's close enough to get all the controls within reach in VR..exactly what I intended. I"m working up a parts list and documentation. I'll post links to those just as soon as I get them completed. Again, shout out to Brun for inspiring me and providing the UFC design for this project.

Panel.jpg

Left-DDI.jpg

Right-DDI.jpg

IFEI.jpg

AMPCD.jpg

Guages.jpg

CM-Panel.jpg

you wouldn't happen to have the files for the decals for the dials and gauge's?

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 1:26 PM, MelkorBorgir said:

you wouldn't happen to have the files for the decals for the dials and gauge's?

no..  I just used screen shots form the game and some stuff I found searching google and used MS publisher to size them correctly.  The clear is just some clear plastic sheeting I got at Hobby Lobby and cut with scissors

• 4 weeks later...
Mission accomplished !
Here is my execution :) It works 100%. Let me just say this, I did not expect that playing in this cockpit would bring me so much fun!
Not to mention 6 months of enjoyment while building this plane. That thrill of impatience when I finally sat at the controls of the finished cockpit for the first time.
I wish you all the persistence in building your own.

Finally, a BIG THANK YOU to Jself for inspiration, stl files :) and giving you a general direction. 
Today I am ready to build the next cockpit and I think it will be the BF109 K4, which I love since the first time I started flying it with the il2 Sturmovik :), 
especially since I was building this one with a view to modular replacement in a short time with other panels. 
In fact, it takes me about 10 minutes to demonstrate these panels to pure construction. It can be fun if I build more cockpits :)

photo_2022-01-03_14-48-05.jpg

photo_2022-01-03_14-47-49.jpg

photo_2022-01-03_14-47-59.jpg

photo_2022-01-03_14-48-02.jpg

photo_2022-01-03_14-48-03.jpg

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Eldritch said:
Mission accomplished !
Here is my execution :) It works 100%. Let me just say this, I did not expect that playing in this cockpit would bring me so much fun!
Not to mention 6 months of enjoyment while building this plane. That thrill of impatience when I finally sat at the controls of the finished cockpit for the first time.

Finally, a BIG THANK YOU to Jself for inspiration, stl files :) and giving you a general direction. 
Today I am ready to build the next cockpit and I think it will be the BF109 K4, which I love since the first time I started flying it with the il2 Sturmovik :), 
especially since I was building this one with a view to modular replacement in a short time with other panels. 
In fact, it takes me about 10 minutes to demonstrate these panels to pure construction. It can be fun if I build more cockpits :)

photo_2022-01-03_14-48-05.jpg

photo_2022-01-03_14-47-49.jpg

photo_2022-01-03_14-47-59.jpg

photo_2022-01-03_14-48-02.jpg

photo_2022-01-03_14-48-03.jpg

looks amazing mate, great job

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/3/2022 at 8:05 AM, Eldritch said:
Mission accomplished !

@Eldritch, I'm just now noticing the mods you made to the side consoles as well, several of the changes you made on yours look amazing.  

You wouldn't possibly be willing to share some of those, would you?  Specifically, I would love to use your landing gear panel and emergency jettison switch, rather than having to source the great big Square D pushbutton.  If not, I understand but thought I would ask.  Thanks!

ETA:

@Jself, do you have the files you used to print the switch caps for the small switches, like the landing light, flaps, and launch bar on the left vertical panel?

My printing is pretty much down, now I just have to find a cabinet shop willing to cut up some MDF for me for the consoles themselves, and start wiring it up.

Edited by War_Pig

On 2/6/2022 at 10:30 AM, Eldritch said:

WarPig 

write what you need and I will gladly make the files available for you

Thank you!  I would specifically love to use your Jettison selector, so that I have a red button with the word "JETT" on it, and don't have to source another $15 Square D Pushbutton from eBay.  Your landing gear panel faceplate also looks awesome.  Love your mods, thank you for sharing them!

• 2 weeks later...

follow you on youtube

can you please give me a parts list on witch button or encoder or toggle to put where i have te WW throttle 

and can you place them like on the photo Buttons Full layout 

also attached a blank one

tnx in advance

FA-18C BUTTONS Full Layout - 4220x5200.jpg

FA-18C With buttons - 4220x5200.jpg

Edited by Mverick1971

• 1 month later...

Hey there,

first I want to say awesome work! I just started the build of my F18 simpit. Goal is to get everything mounted on my DOFreality motion platform.   Any chance you are willing to share some CAD raw files since i have a CNC and would like to cut some of the panel there. STL files are not the best source for CNC CAM. I also would like to do some slight modification to better fit for CNC processing. 

once again awesome work!

cheers,

Kufi

System: MSI MPG Z690 EDGE WIFI / I9-13900K @5.6 AC / Custom Loop Watercooling / MSI 4090 SUPRIM X / 2x 16 GB DDR4@4100 MHZ/ Varjo AERO / Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle / Thrustmaster Cougar MFD (3x) / VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base / MFG CROSSWIND V3 / DOF Reality P3 Motion Sim

Moduls: F18, F14, F16, A10CII, AV8B, UH-1, AH-64, P51, P47, Super Carrier, All Maps

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/13/2022 at 6:52 PM, bobslob said:

Might be a silly question, but has anyone made a list of required switches/toggles/etc? almost done printing, but i cant find the list.

I made some handwritten notes during assembly, but mostly I studied the cockpit layout drawing referenced above and determined what switch was appropriate for each location.  I went a different direction in that I found a number of switches that really needed to be 3-pos instead of two in order to simulate the Hornet properly.

If you have some familiarity with the cockpit and functions of each switch, it’s not too difficult to determine what’s needed.  I sat down and spent a few hours planning and then tallied up how many of each that I needed to order.

13 minutes ago, Evilfisher said:

@Jself marvelous work, im am Printing everything new now, how did you mount the cougar mfd?

regrads

Evilfisher

I’ll answer this: the MFD’s Mount to a stand-off profile with 4 screws, which then mounts to the panel.  Pretty simple easy and strong.

On 6/29/2022 at 5:09 PM, War_Pig said:

I’ll answer this: the MFD’s Mount to a stand-off profile with 4 screws, which then mounts to the panel.  Pretty simple easy and strong.

Thank you very much, i did not know that the Screws in the MFD where just rubber placeholders.

5 hours ago, jared-h said:

I was able to get a monitor working inside. After some redesign

8C6A6933-48C2-4336-93CF-27E6D8B17315.jpeg

Could you tell us, which screens you ordered and the modified Stl?
I was thinking about getting these screens:
https://www.ebay.ch/itm/383816726346?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=5222-175126-2357-0&ssspo=--kMz5qMSj6&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=Bm7ip74zSTe&var=652176698869&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
And just cut the X shape in the MFD Mount Printed Part.
Still thinking about how to modify the AMPCD file to fit the screen, did you modify that aswell?

Kind Regards
Evilfisher

I used CLAA070MA0ACW 

i will submit stls soon after i test both the right and left side (probably before this friday) i wouldn’t recommend just cutting out the x in the middle i tried that and it need some further design 

in my design I basically removed the x and all the internal screw mounts and made wire channels for the night/day brightness switch i also made mounts for the screen so you can easily line it up the mods are simple but functional.

F593E300-BD20-455E-BEE5-7C2F68D488F3.png