3D Printed Hornet Front Panel - VR

Jself

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/10/2022 at 4:56 AM, jared-h said:

I am but i haven’t taken a look at the files for that yet. I will probably get to modifying them in a week or 2 at this rate.

Hi Jared-h , i am Back from the Holidays, did you make any progress?
Did you finnisch the middle AMPC (Middle DDI) ?

Regards
Evilfisher

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Roller25 said:

Hey guys.. how is the color change for the text achieved? Particularly for the UFC? Is the entire layer that the text on printed in white? Or can just the text be isolated within the slicer program?

You can paint it manually,  or Cura has a festure to "stop at layer." You preview the file to print and set to the layer before the text appears.  The printer pauses whenn it finishes that layer, you change to white filament and then resume.

• Like 1

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

There is a method you could use, but it takes some planning. 

You basically print a second model without removing the first.

It's easier to do face-down as an inlay, and I've done a test piece where text was backlightable by making the text into through holes in the main part.

This is the method I used:

https://youtu.be/0Sla-vIsvh4

20200731_202548.jpg

Edited by No1sonuk

18 hours ago, Roller25 said:

Prusaslicer has something similar. What if however there is other material on the part that is on the same level as the text? 

That's why you need to preview and examine layer by layer.  Better to not get the base of the text than put white filament somewhere else though.  

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

• 5 months later...
On 7/6/2022 at 7:29 PM, jared-h said:

here are the first edition of stsl i will prabably further edit them they are crude but they work(havent tested the right side

Right.stl 557.31 kB · 85 downloads left.stl 1.34 MB · 57 downloads

Any instructions on how to install the screen? I have the same screens and printed all these files with the addition of these 2 MFD mounts. Just not sure where the main power/control board mounts to inside. Iv got the screen in and she fits nice n pretty

On 11/9/2021 at 7:32 AM, Eldritch said:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wZxYfifkELXNJ4pvXgJAy1qHKwyBqiOF?usp=sharing

Sorry for the mess, but I did it for myself and didn't care about naming. Do what you want;) and if someone is interested, 
I designed in Freecad, I also have source files, I can share them.

Any chance you still have the 3d files you made to convert the x56 into a f18 throttle better?

• 2 months later...

Thank you for the designs I have gone for the UFC and 2 screens as a desk setup. I modified your original DDI Left and Right so that you can bolt them to the UFC so they attach as one unit. Minimum of 20mm long bolt required.

I hope you dont mind but I will upload them for anyone who wants them in the future hopefully they will be helpful to someone

Left DDI with holes v1.stl

Right DDI with holes v1.stl

Edited by bladerunner89
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

I love this whole thread! I'm going to do this with wood, because I already speak that language, meaning I'm probably not going to have the desire to learn 3d print language for this project and still finish it in the time frame I want to complete it in.

That said, is there a way that anyone can give dimensions of some kind? What I'm specifically looking for are the dimensions in depth between the MFDs and the IFEI panel, the recessed face from the upper portion where, for example, the left MFD mounts to the face where the IFEI panel mounts. It looks to be nearly 3" or so, and I want to get it close to proper for a 1:1 version made from MDF and whatever else I can cut with a saw. I can likely work out the remaining dimensions, because they will be dictated by the sizes of the MFDs and UFC, as well as the spin recovery panel and the master arm panels. I've recently got the Winwing MIP, and all that purchase made me want to do is complete the rest of a whole cockpit. I've also got the super taurus and the super libra, likely to change to the Orion 2 when I get the structure started.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know how to mount the potentiometers for the lighting panel? I ordered some of the ones in the goggle doc, but the shafts aren't long enough to get through the base plate to screw on. seems like the only real issue I have run across so far. I should have specified, the pots with the off detent.

Edited by Flingpu