DCS: Steam vs Eagle Dynamics

I've had the DCS Steam Version for awhile now along with A-10C. I never really got into it due to time restraints and the fact my old stick died. I recently got a new HOTAS and some new modules including the F/A-18 and the F-14. I was looking through the Steam forums for DCS. Somebody mentioned I could download the DCS base from ED and import my Steam purchased modules. Is there any advantage to this or should I just stick with Steam. The vast majority of my other games and stuff are through Steam.

The only real difference is whether you’d prefer to give steam a cut of the revenue, or give it to ED, possibly resulting in them providing better support/modules

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Steam DCS use to have some compatibility issues, I cannot for the life of me recall where and how, I have a sneaky suspicion that got resolved, but due to this I never touched Steam DCS; I just didn't want the hassle.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

ED: You will get updates couple days sooner. And ED store has sales that run longer than Steam. I believe Steam doesn't allow sales to run longer than 2 weeks or something. Painful download speed.

Steam: Steam sometimes has sale of their own. I haven't seen one for DCS yet but for other games, the Steam sales are usually very good offers. And your player data and profile is saved on their cloud. Also their download speed is much faster so it's less painful to uninstall and reinstall.

Edited by Taz1004

And your player data and profile is saved on their cloud.

Oh WOW...

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!