F-15E UFC poll

=DECOY=

F-15E UFC poll  

1280 members have voted

1. 1. F-15E UFC poll

• Analog (old)
    • Digital (new)

Honestly itl be mostly aesthetics.

The UFC on the F15E is not fancy like the UFC on the Super Hornet where it can also act as another MFD display for various MFD pages.

From what i have seen it basically fills same function and similar overlay as the physical UFC, but on a screen.

IF razbam has the nessary documentation to model it or want to put in the extra effort good for them. But seems to me the physical UFC is a safer choice especially as they already have completed 3d model of it.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

The red lettering of the old analog ufc looks a bit off to me. Thus to stay in line with the green pattern on the other mfds and how it looks green in the Harrier und F/A-18, i vote for the modern version.

Please get this into early access. I am so looking forward to this beast. Im going to fly pants off it.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

How does changing the UFC effect your ability to fly a mission exactly?

Because that aircraft that gets modeled with a LCD UFC didn't exist before 2010.

While the original (and same functionally) is operational from 1989 to 2010+ (like last ones updated in 2014 etc).

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Because that aircraft that gets modeled with a LCD UFC didn't exist before 2010.

While the original (and same functionally) is operational from 1989 to 2010+ (like last ones updated in 2014 etc).

It still does nothing with mission playability. There aren’t any new features added with it. It’s NVG compatible...that’s all. The old ones were as well, with an additional filter. Pre 2001, no nods, so it’s completely irrelevant. It ‘breaks’ nothing.

It still does nothing with mission playability. There aren’t any new features added with it. It’s NVG compatible...that’s all. The old ones were as well, with an additional filter. Pre 2001, no nods, so it’s completely irrelevant. It ‘breaks’ nothing.

I agree with you. It's not like using "The Final Countdown" as a canonical basis to justify the use of missiles against WWII aircraft.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

Analog version.

Most likely wont buy a version with just the digital UFC.

And i really wish they had worded the question difference.

Outlining the differences as a whole

(Or lack of differences in this case).

Since a F-15E With the old display will still have all the same weapons and capabilities. (As they have never specified otherwise of the exact planned timeframe)

But it will also be suited for many more Scenarios (1989-2014)

So from the last years of the cold war to Gulf War,Balkans,Iraqi Freedom,Afghanistan etc.

Where as the Digital version is 2010 and later so it can only accurately simulate post 2010 scenarios.

(Unless simulating a Export F-15 as Export Strike eagles got the Digital UFC much earlier)

Additionally if you want to be really realistic this could also mean an aircraft with less capability not more.

As there are weapons and systems that are no longer used post 2010 that were used in the 1989-2010 timeframe.

Only upside for me with the NEW display is if they want to simulate a export F-15E.

But for a US F-15E i very much prefer the original UFC and probably wont buy one limited to the new one.

Edited by mattebubben
  • Like 2

Digital #2.

Windows 10 64-bit | Ryzen 9 3900X 4.00GHz (OC) | Asus Strix B450-F | 64GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | two Asus GeForce 1070 Founders Edition (second card used for CUDA only) | two Silicon Power 1TB NVMe in RAID-0 | Samsung 32" 1440p Monitor | two ASUS 23" 1080p monitors | ASUS Mixed Reality VR | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier (N/A) | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | F-14B Tomcat | UH-1H Huey | P-51D Mustang | F-86F Saber | Persian Gulf | NTTR

Analog version. Most likely wont buy a version with just the digital UFC.

Yeah, I felt the same way thinking about it. The UFC is such a prominent part of the pilot's cockpit so it's not something you can easily ignore and the MFD-styled one is not what I wanted from my F-15E experience.

I'm definitely not going to be pre-ordering it or paying the full price for the later UFC one if that's the only option.

• Like 1

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!