F-15E UFC poll

=DECOY=

F-15E UFC poll  

1280 members have voted

1. 1. F-15E UFC poll

• Analog (old)
    • Digital (new)

It still does nothing with mission playability. There aren’t any new features added with it. It’s NVG compatible...that’s all. The old ones were as well, with an additional filter. Pre 2001, no nods, so it’s completely irrelevant. It ‘breaks’ nothing.

If you need to say so to justify a wrong model for older missions...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

And i really wish they had worded the question difference.

Outlining the differences as a whole

(Or lack of differences in this case).[/Quote]

That is right.

The poll should explain the timeframe the aircraft is operational, so where it fits.

Red MFD for 1989-2010+

Green MFD for 2010+

Same capability, but different look. And someways red is clearer.

So when we ignore the timeframe for missions (and yes, it is like taking a tomcat to WW2, whole not so serious) then the red MFD would had unique look on it.

I would like to see a red being the default and early access, but offer the green one later on when module gets out of early access. As if it's functionality is same, then it is more of a texture artist and 3D modeler task to simply convert a new variant in from UFC in special options. And it doesn't even need to be a own variant in mission editor...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Analog version.

Most likely wont buy a version with just the digital UFC.

And i really wish they had worded the question difference.

Outlining the differences as a whole

(Or lack of differences in this case).

Since a F-15E With the old display will still have all the same weapons and capabilities. (As they have never specified otherwise of the exact planned timeframe)

But it will also be suited for many more Scenarios (1989-2014)

So from the last years of the cold war to Gulf War,Balkans,Iraqi Freedom,Afghanistan etc.

Where as the Digital version is 2010 and later so it can only accurately simulate post 2010 scenarios.

(Unless simulating a Export F-15 as Export Strike eagles got the Digital UFC much earlier)

Additionally if you want to be really realistic this could also mean an aircraft with less capability not more.

As there are weapons and systems that are no longer used post 2010 that were used in the 1989-2010 timeframe.

Only upside for me with the NEW display is if they want to simulate a export F-15E.

But for a US F-15E i very much prefer the original UFC and probably wont buy one limited to the new one.

Hi, I see your point, we probably could, would, really should end up with both (down the track, after early access and beta).

:)

Well..

7_TSmZwsUEf4ne33Cn-lE7EW1WnEe5tVM9x6t__zvDGC5iJ8_s73dZ2gg61SIf8lY6gs0wSaz3ep5WaV3M2iLfRRq6caddzw5ZDunTPVTiQgJ8IsL2Xg

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Same capability, but different look. And someways red is clearer.

I assume the red LED version isn't night vision compatible but it's only a guess ?

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

If you need to say so to justify a wrong model for older missions...

I can name at least 5 other things without trying that will be incorrect without a whole redesign of the cockpit and a number of systems...but you guys key off on the one thing you can actually see that’s visually different. I guess I could pretty much cause your whole world to come to an end if I listed off the others.

Edited by Rainmaker

And the Analog version might actually still be in use.

As even pretty recent videos like this one.

show both UFC Variants.

So the Analog variant could be viable for even current day scenarios.

And its also further example that just because it has the Analog UFC that does not say anything in terms of capability and weapon options etc.

Optimally they would add both (Either at launch or down the line)

With the Analog being the standard (as its the Original) and then simply adding a Special menu option for the Digital UFC for those that want it.

But if we have to pick just one i will 100% go with the Analog version as i have pretty much no interest in Post 2010 scenarios

which is what the F-15E with the Digital UFC will be limited to.

Edited by mattebubben

About 2010

Does it mean RAZBAM is allowed to model F-15E from 2010?

Many F-15E received AESA in 2010, probably together with other electronics like this display.

It's even more modern than our F-16C b50 and F/A-18C L20.

Initially iirc RAZBAM was allowed to model 1990s standard F-15E.

The worst case scenario would be fancy digital display from 2010 in legacy 1990s F-15E with classic radar and electronics unrealistic mismatch.

I hope they know what they are doing, but i would prefer classic diplay suitable for different scenarios.

I mean modern F-15E is a bit boring, it's all about GPS/INS stand off cruise missiles JDAMS, you don't even see the target you hit.

Edited by bies

Many F-15E received AESA in 2010, probably together with other electronics like this display.

The worst case scenario would be fancy digital display from 2010 in legacy 1990s F-15E with classic radar and electronics unrealistic mismatch.

Yes that's why I asked the question just before yours concerning the plane's version, was the digital UFC a single upgrade the analog UFC f15 received at one time or was it included in a bigger package with, like you said, AESA radars, etc... ? I guess that would be important to know.

Ohh and btw wasn't the f15e's role always dropping gps/ins stand off weapons ? Since it was launched did the f15e engage in any close air support role where the plane actually saw the target (like the a10c) ? I'm not that sure, it always was quite an advanced plane.

Edited by notproplayer3

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

I hope they know what they are doing, but i would prefer classic diplay suitable for different scenarios.

I mean modern F-15E is a bit boring, it's all about GPS/INS stand off cruise missiles JDAMS, you don't even see the target you hit.

“Received AESA”. Yeah they didn’t. Not sure where you got that info from.

“Received AESA”. Yeah they didn’t. Not sure where you got that info from.

Upgrade programs and replacement

The F-15E was to be upgraded with the Raytheon APG-82 Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar after 2007, and the first test radar was delivered to Boeing in 2010.[22] It combines the processor of the APG-79 used on the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet with the antenna of the APG-63(V)3 AESA being fitted on the F-15C;[23] it was named APG-63(V)4 until it received the APG-82 designation in 2009.[24] The new radar is to be part of the F-15E Radar Modernization Program,[25] which also includes a wideband radome (enabling operation on more radar frequencies) and environment control and electronic warfare improvements.[26]

[22] Frost, Patricia. "Boeing Receives 1st F-15E Radar Modernization Program Test Asset from Raytheon." Boeing. Retrieved: 27 February 2012.

[23] Trimble, Stephen. "Raytheon claims AESA upgrade contract for F-15E." Flightglobal.com, 1 November 2007.

[24] Trimble, Stephen. "Raytheon trumps Northrop with new AESA designation." Flight Daily News, 17 June 2009.

[25] Frost, Patricia. "Boeing Selects Raytheon to Provide AESA Radar for U.S. Air Force F-15E Strike Eagles." Archived 6 July 2009 at the Wayback Machine Boeing, 1 November 2007.

[26] "F-15E, B-1B Modernization and Upgrades." Defense Update, 23 July 2012.

That's what wiki says.

As they said we're getting a Suite 4 or newer SE, which would mean it is at least a 2002/3 SE but potentially newer. It was never said they were allowed to model a 1990's version, not sure where you are getting your info from...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

many?

ONly in 2011 was low rate intitial production approved and at that time it was still going through evaluation. . By 2014 only 6 APG82's had been delivered.

By 2016 a production batch of 28 radars was approved. l 2017 that was the first year AESA strike eagles took part in thier first red flag exercise. The final deliveries of those 28 radars didnt complete until 2019.

SO the majority of Strike eagles were and are are still using APG70, since according to the USAF official website their total Fleet of F15E's are 219.

SO a a new UFC doesn't mean AESA.

http://raytheon.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=2170

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/f-15es-apg-82-aesa-radars-deploy-red-flag-alaska-first-time/

https://www.militaryaerospace.com/computers/article/16714836/boeing-wins-halfbilliondollar-order-to-upgrade-radar-on-air-force-f15cd-and-f15e-combat-jets

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD