F-15E UFC poll

=DECOY=

F-15E UFC poll  

1280 members have voted

1. 1. F-15E UFC poll

• Analog (old)
    • Digital (new)

All the kids gonna do digital, only oldschool F-15E Strike Eagle Veterans will pick analogue for nostalgic reasons and of course because it makes the cockpit look more interesting.

However, it looks like the tablet head kids gonna carry this one home...shame.

Edited by LuftStriegler

Older UFC: I’ll buy immediately for nostalgia’s sake.

Newer UFC: I’ll hold on to my money... watch reviews and be extra picky about the flight model... if it has enough features implemented and everyone raves about it... I may pick it up when it hits 50% sale.

Cant believe what a deal breaker this is for people, We need an "OK Boomer" option on the poll

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

FWIW. I asked an ex WSO if he had a preference. While he didn't use the newer style, he also said the old UFC wasn't red lettering. The difference basically a screen swap. So those holding out for old school might've been sorely disappointed. I voted old school anyway for the Jane's feels.

In any case I'm not going to let a silly thing like a UFC stop me from flying the crap out of it when funds are available.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ryzen 5 3600 (4.1Ghz), 32 GB DDR4, Sapphire R9 390X Nitro, Fatal1ty B450 K4

TrackIR, Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

Yes the one will all the buttons is the analog one (old version)

The one with the screen one is the DIGITAL one (latest version)

Decoy,

As long as the version you choose is correct for the aircraft and systems modeled, I don't care which one...if you're doing a late model MudHen bring on the goodies...but please don't put the new UFC in a 1990s era Mudhen.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Well, I'm digital but the thing that need to be addressed is if the f15e version, will it be at all realistic with the UFC we get, basically if the f15e we're getting indeed existed at a point in time ?

Does someone know something anything about this ?

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

Initially RAZBAM was allowed to model 1990s standard F-15E. Did something changed or it will be 1990s plane with 2010 display?

That's the only thing i would like to know.

I'm okay with 1990s Desert Storm F-15E with analog display.

I'm okay with 2010 standard and equipment F-15E with digital display

(if they are allowed to make it in reasonably realistic way similar to Hornet or Viper, ED was barely allowed to model 2004-2007 standard)

I wouldn't be okay with 1990s plane standard frankenstein with 2010 display mismatched.

Edited by bies
  • Like 1

Initially RAZBAM was allowed to model 1990s standard F-15E. Did something changed or it will be 1990s plane with 2010 display?

That's the only thing i would like to know.

I'm okay with 1990s Desert Storm F-15E with analog display.

I'm okay with 2010 standard and equipment F-15E with digital display

(if they are allowed to make it in reasonably realistic way similar to Hornet or Viper, ED was barely allowed to model 2004-2007 standard)

I wouldn't be okay with 1990s plane standard frankenstein with 2010 display mismatched.

Like I said before, the whole 1990's thing you are saying is not true, they had 1 particular manual from the 1990's that's it. Nowhere was it EVER stated by RAZBAM that they were only allowed to make a 1990's version. You're just spreading misinformation at this point

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Like I said before, the whole 1990's thing you are saying is not true, they had 1 particular manual from the 1990's that's it. Nowhere was it EVER stated by RAZBAM that they were only allowed to make a 1990's version. You're just spreading misinformation at this point

So listen to the interview with Ron Zambrano, head of the RAZBAM SIMULATIONS "Air Combat Sim Podcast - Episode #9 - Razbam Interview" from 26 May 2020. He talks about specific variant. Timeline 38:52 onward.

Citation:

"We may be able to pull newer version than the one we planned. But what i can tell you right now upfront is it won't be latest version."

Edited by bies
  • Thanks 1

As much as I do enjoy the steam gauges from the Tomcat, I'm going to have to vote for the digital one here. Basically this is going to be the high fidelity F-15 for the forseeable future and should be as current with the C as viable.

That said, getting both eventually would be interesting, but the modern one is probably more important to have.

(Note: I am buying it either way... :))

So listen to the interview with Ron Zambrano, head of the RAZBAM SIMULATIONS "Air Combat Sim Podcast - Episode #9 - Razbam Interview" from 26 May 2020. He talks about specific variant. Timeline 38:52 onward.

Citation:

I've listened to this and it is not said anywhere it is a 1990's jet like you are stating. It is actually not mentioned anywhere...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Citation:

Literally the first post on this thread, Suite 4+

I've listened to this and it is not said anywhere it is a 1990's jet like you are stating. It is actually not mentioned anywhere...

I was years back. Now its magically not.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

What is the timeframe of Suite 4+?

The same 2004-2007 as A-10C, F-16C, AV-8B, F/A-18C we have in DCS or different?

cheers

Suite 4 is from 2002/3, so it will an SE from roughly that year or newer (which is what the + indicates) and as per the Podcast they are aiming to make an even newer version than suite 4, so that likely something like a Suite 5/6 or 6/7 so from about 2007 or onwards. But we'll hear more about it this summer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Suite 4 is from 2002/3, so it will an SE from roughly that year or newer (which is what the + indicates) and as per the Podcast they are aiming to make an even newer version than suite 4, so that likely something like a Suite 5/6 or 6/7 so from about 2007 or onwards. But we'll hear more about it this summer.

So Razbam is making a suite 4+ 2002-2003 airframe. Razbam is also planning to make a newer version as well.... but they can only make one UFC?

That’s bullshit.

Make the Suite 4+ have the older UFC (as it should be), and then make the Suite 5/6 or 6/7 have the newer UFC.

Then everyone will be happy.

• Like 1

so relative to the 1993 manual that Razbam had refereced as a source years ago, ( and the one i happen to have copy of)

What did suite 4 introduce in 2002-2003 period? GPS aided navigation plus JDAM? link 16? newer targeting pod like litening 2? ( was referenced as an interim solution for a brief period until Sniper could be fielded)

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

so relative to the 1993 manual that Razbam had refereced as a source years ago, ( and the one i happen to have copy of)

What did suite 4 introduce in 2002-2003 period? GPS aided navigation plus JDAM? link 16? newer targeting pod like litening 2? ( was referenced as an interim solution for a brief period until Sniper could be fielded)

Pretty much all those things.

Its basically gonna be a copy of the hornet generally speaking in terms of systems/weapons and capabilities with some minor differences. I don't think it has the HMCS depending on which version. But basically Jdams/link/tgp etc. It will be even more "uber" than the hornet since it doesn't suck kinematically.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Pretty much all those things.

Its basically gonna be a copy of the hornet generally speaking in terms of systems/weapons and capabilities with some minor differences. I don't think it has the HMCS depending on which version. But basically Jdams/link/tgp etc. It will be even more "uber" than the hornet since it doesn't suck kinematically.

yea JHMCs certainly wasn't around with suite 4. JHMCS is fairly late addition. circa 2010ish when it became operational for strike eagles?

https://www.af.mil/News/Features/Display/Article/142892/airmen-enhance-f-15e-capabilities-with-helmet-mounted-cueing-system/

Aim9X is only being issued since 2018 for mudhens. I think suite 8 or something. So even if razbam can pull a newer than suite 4 im not holding my breath for a too modern of a strike eagle.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Like Harlikwin said yeah basically those, not sure which TGP it carried back then, could still be LANTIRN. but if they decide to make a newer version than Suite 4 we will very likely see the Sniper ATP instead of the LANTIRN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So Razbam is making a suite 4+ 2002-2003 airframe. Razbam is also planning to make a newer version as well.... but they can only make one UFC?

That’s bullshit.

Make the Suite 4+ have the older UFC (as it should be), and then make the Suite 5/6 or 6/7 have the newer UFC.

Then everyone will be happy.

There not making 2 versions. the + in "Suite 4+" means Suite 4 or newer no an incremental update on Suite 4. So + = Newer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]