F-15E UFC poll

=DECOY=

F-15E UFC poll  

1280 members have voted

1. 1. F-15E UFC poll

• Analog (old)
    • Digital (new)

Please at least make an option for both. It would be really unfortunate for us not to be able to faithfully recreate Desert Storm missions. The analog UFC is iconic with the Mudhen. Why even consider the digital one? Unless you are making an F-15E from like 2010+ it's not even relevant. Super excited for this module either way.

Which one do you have the most information for?

That's the factor that I would use as a determination. Not people's opinions on if they like analog or digital.

EDIT: Also if you already have the analog model finished, don't listen to a poll on a forum and throw it out. Just give the analog version and tell people to get used to it. Please don't go backwards on progress to satisfy a forum poll full of people who probably don't know which one they wanted, anyway.

Edited by Auditor

Please at least make an option for both. It would be really unfortunate for us not to be able to faithfully recreate Desert Storm missions. The analog UFC is iconic with the Mudhen. Why even consider the digital one? Unless you are making an F-15E from like 2010+ it's not even relevant. Super excited for this module either way.

I’ve probably stated this 5 times already, 2-3 in this thread alone. The suite 4+ version and the version that existed in Desert Storm are 2 different eras of the same airframe. That extends far beyond something a minute as a UFC. You can’t have both eras of the same jet regardless of what UFC you have. There’s too many under the hood changes that mean way more that the minute differences between the UFCs.

I’ve probably stated this 5 times already, 2-3 in this thread alone. The suite 4+ version and the version that existed in Desert Storm are 2 different eras of the same airframe. That extends far beyond something a minute as a UFC. You can’t have both eras of the same jet regardless of what UFC you have. There’s too many under the hood changes that mean way more that the minute differences between the UFCs.

That's great, but I haven't read every single comment from all 21 pages of this thread. Really my only gripe is that we are not going to get a F-15E that is new enough to warrant a digital UFC. If we are getting JHMCS, AIM-9X, GBU-39s, a Sniper pod, etc, then yeah, we should absolutely get the digital UFC because it would accurately represent our Strike Eagle. But like other people have stated, USAF didn't use the digital UFC until like 2010 and unless we are getting a Mudhen from 2010+ along with all new toys for weapons, the digital UFC makes zero sense and is just a frankenplane. Since I've been led to believe we will not be getting those things, a 2005ish Strike Eagle with a digital UFC is completely fictional and should not even be in the discussion. That and it seems like the vast majority of users who voted digital think it's a 4th MFD, which is not the case.

Once again, I'd love a digital UFC, but ONLY if we get a Mudhen with all the modern weapons and equipment to go with it. I'm just hoping that this poll is a means to gauge interest in modeling a digital UFC and they make the digital one an option for the people who want it since they already have the analog one modeled. Since it's the same functionality having an option for it in the special tab would be the perfect solution albeit a little more work. This is just what my impression of the situation is, I'm not a subject matter expert in the slightest. I would absolutely love to be proven wrong because obviously I would rather not state incorrect information. So if we used digital UFC within the time frame our Mudhen will be from (weapons and sensors included) I would love to see the info. :)

Edited by Jmontezuma

That's great, but I haven't read every single comment from all 21 pages of this thread. Really my only gripe is that we are not going to get a F-15E that is new enough to warrant a digital UFC. If we are getting JHMCS, AIM-9X, GBU-39s, a Sniper pod, etc, then yeah, we should absolutely get the digital UFC because it would accurately represent our Strike Eagle. But like other people have stated, USAF didn't use the digital UFC until like 2010 and unless we are getting a Mudhen from 2010+ along with all new toys for weapons, the digital UFC makes zero sense and is juscant a frankenplane. Since I've been led to believe we will not be getting those things, a 2005ish Strike Eagle with a digital UFC is completely fictional and should not even be in the discussion. That and it seems like the vast majority of users who voted digital think it's a 4th MFD, which is not the case.

Once again, I'd love a digital UFC, but ONLY if we get a Mudhen with all the modern weapons and equipment to go with it. I'm just hoping that this poll is a means to gauge interest in modeling a digital UFC and they make the digital one an option for the people who want it since they already have the analog one modeled. Since it's the same functionality having an option for it in the special tab would be the perfect solution albeit a little more work. This is just what my impression of the situation is, I'm not a subject matter expert in the slightest. I would absolutely love to be proven wrong because obviously I would rather not state incorrect information. So if we used digital UFC within the time frame our Mudhen will be from (weapons and sensors included) I would love to see the info. :)

This

Really my only gripe is that we are not going to get a F-15E that is new enough to warrant a digital UFC. If we are getting JHMCS, AIM-9X, GBU-39s, a Sniper pod, etc,

So we are not getting those features?

Please is there a dedicated thread like a mini update page for the F-15Eagle by Razbam?

I like to know what are on board the version they(Razbam) are doing.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

That's great, but I haven't read every single comment from all 21 pages of this thread. Really my only gripe is that we are not going to get a F-15E that is new enough to warrant a digital UFC. If we are getting JHMCS, AIM-9X, GBU-39s, a Sniper pod, etc, then yeah, we should absolutely get the digital UFC because it would accurately represent our Strike Eagle. But like other people have stated, USAF didn't use the digital UFC until like 2010 and unless we are getting a Mudhen from 2010+ along with all new toys for weapons, the digital UFC makes zero sense and is just a frankenplane. Since I've been led to believe we will not be getting those things, a 2005ish Strike Eagle with a digital UFC is completely fictional and should not even be in the discussion. That and it seems like the vast majority of users who voted digital think it's a 4th MFD, which is not the case.

Concur with this.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

It doesn't work this way. As Rainmaker, said - you can't really have both as a Desert Storm era Strike Eagle and one from the mid 2000's are almost two completely different aircraft. The HW and SW upgrades and the capabilities differences between 1990 and 2005 are mind-boggling. The flight control SW changes alone make the aircraft fly very differently between the two eras. If you want an AIM-7 / AIM-9L / no NVG / old -220 motors / mostly dumb bomb aircraft from Desert Storm - then the best way is to have the most current model RAZBAM is making and just load it down with 1990s capabilities. It won't be perfect, but you can at least 'pretend" you're in Desert Storm.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

If the version of the F-15 we're getting is circa Desert Storm, and not a 2010 version, then as people have pointed out it can't ever have a digitial UFC, making this poll pointless :huh:

Agreed, make it genuine.

If the version of the F-15 we're getting is circa Desert Storm, and not a 2010 version, then as people have pointed out it can't ever have a digitial UFC, making this poll pointless :huh:

Sounds like its gonna be "newer".

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 1 month later...

Got a reminder about this poll, and I feel sad that people went to modern digital one.

The older electronic was same but would have been far more proper for time periods and anyways look a lot better.

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

How so? Isn't the whole point of the poll that F-15E has not received any upgrades than the new UFC panel since the first Gulf War?

The whole F-15 line has been lacking upgrades and new features for decades, it is not like a F-16C that has received upgrades almost every single unit that has come out from the factory.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

It has been upgraded a lot. AESA on some, ours might have JHMCS, will have AIM-9X link-16, JSOW ability, I don’t know how that’s not an upgrade. If it was fifteen years ago I believe what you say would have been mostly correct. It doesn’t have some fancy program with a name like CCIP AFAIK, but it will be a very modern aircraft in DCS, with likely a lot of Hornet pilots feeling at home and in a very complementary platform.

I think when it hits DCS if it’s complete enough, you’ll see people that thought they would never leave Hornet or Viper flying like a Viggen with the FLIR on the HUD slinging stand off weapons at the horizon

What you want to look for is what suite 4+ has

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

How so? Isn't the whole point of the poll that F-15E has not received any upgrades than the new UFC panel since the first Gulf War?

I think you may have missed something.

As far as I understand, Razbam have said they're doing the F-15E as it flew in the Gulf War (aka, an early 90's aircraft), like how HB modelled an early-mid-90's F14-B and are doing an mid-80's -A.

The digitial UFC did not exist at that point, ergo the "choice" is pointless.

• Like 1

I think you may have missed something.

As far as I understand, Razbam have said they're doing the F-15E as it flew in the Gulf War (aka, an early 90's aircraft), like how HB modelled an early-mid-90's F14-B and are doing an mid-80's -A.

The digitial UFC did not exist at that point, ergo the "choice" is pointless.

You've understood wrong, they're not doing a Strike Eagle as it flew in the Gulf War. They're modelling a more modern variant.