Super carrier Liveries

Cypher1o1

does anyone know when user made Liveries is going to be enabled for super carriers as for as i could tell the folder names are "CVN_71" "CVN_72" and "CVN_73" but the kestrel skin i made doesn't seem to be loading into the game yet

In saved games when adding a new skin I got stuck inside the file description.

I think It might be better to wait for the final release :)

carrier.thumb.png.0b898216ccb97d5fd8b0ec5bc3c73cc8.png

Не говорите что мне надо делать и я не скажу куда вам надо идти…

| Asus Z390 | Core i5 9600K | HyperX Fury 32Gb | RTX 2070 | 1TB HDD + Intel Optane memory 32Gb | Thrustmaster F-16C Viper Add-on Grip+TWCS Throttle | Dell WMR | Oculus Quest 2 |

In saved games when adding a new skin I got stuck inside the file description.

I think It might be better to wait for the final release :)

livery = {

{"Flag_USA_Base", 0 ,"Flag_Osea_Base",false};

{"Nimitz_Decals", 0 ,"Hubert_Decals",false};

}

name = "OFS Kestral"

is what i got for the Description.

:doh:

i think i know where i messed up i forgot to give it a separate folder in CVN_73

so it was DCS.openbeta/Liveries/CVN_73

instead of DCS.openbeta/Liveries/CVN_73/Kestrel

im going to work on it a bit more and upload a skin for the Ace Combat Kestrel, Vulture, and Buzzard. might do Erusean Geofon and ISAF Fort Grace

I got the Description.Lua from the model viewer and with that i got the CVN_73 skin working ive uploaded the .Lua for anyone else who wants it :thumbup:

Thanks for description.Lua

Good luck with your new skins for Supercarrier :)

Не говорите что мне надо делать и я не скажу куда вам надо идти…

| Asus Z390 | Core i5 9600K | HyperX Fury 32Gb | RTX 2070 | 1TB HDD + Intel Optane memory 32Gb | Thrustmaster F-16C Viper Add-on Grip+TWCS Throttle | Dell WMR | Oculus Quest 2 |

Eager to see new liveries for the Supercarrier! :)

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3310326/

first draft might make flight decks for each carrier to make them differ

Yes please!

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 2 weeks later...
i have been working on flight deck textures but having some problems with finding the right texture files just want to keep everyone updated on the process

Thank you for your update and keep up!

Looks awesome already :)

is there a way to edit the texture of the deck ? i can only edit the lines

yes but its a bit different then the previous carriers "Deck_Base.dds" is the background texture and "Nimitz_Deck_Decal_Base.dds" is the dirt and ware to make it like one deck and not a texture repeated 50 times over the deck.

"Deck_LOD_3_Base.dds" seems like the texture used then the deck is far enough away to be one texture i.e. 4000ft but I'm not sure of its description code yet

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3310326/

i just released my super-carrier skin update if you want to check it out and see how i did it

Edited by Cypher1o1

• 3 weeks later...