Crashing seems to be related to GPU factory overclocks.

For those with mysterious crashing issues, it may have something to do with GPU overclocking. I'm running my 1080 Ti at ~1850 MHz now, and for the time being it seems better. I'll only be able to tell after quite a while of course.

Missions with lots of ground units engaging and moving seems to cause crashing, and it very well might be related to GPU overclocking.

Even factory OC'd graphics cards are still overclocked. Some of them (like mine) very much so.

It's something to try if crashes are driving you bananas, and no other game/app seems to do it. Just use MSI Afterburner and reduce clock speeds. DCS World just seems really demanding on the GPU and it's picky about excessive overclocks.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Correct, we have seen this for many factory overclocked GPU's

That's too bad, I guess DCS is particularly demanding. I'm running my 1080 Ti at ~1850 MHz right now, nice and stable (it seems). I can now fly the F/A-18 off the Supercarrier in missions with ground units engaging.

It runs pretty well but eventually I'm going to have to see how fast I can run my GPU without it crashing. You'd think a graphics card would run well right at its factory default settings!

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!