Make head not stick out canopy in VR

Lovcar

Health to all. The question is, and appeal to the developers. For those who are currently working on MiG 21. I ask you to create some kind of function so that you can stick your head out of the cab with the lamp closed. There is no more strength to endure the fact that I am observing the transparent side of the MiG 21 There is no texture of the hood, and there are bases for attaching the wing. Yes, I understand that the MiG 21 is a very old and old module, and it was not designed for VR, but then at least make sure that the pilot does not protrude from

I could stick my head out of pretty much every module I've tried so far, but i will ask Rudel if something can be done about it.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

So yes, something needs to be done with this, because the MiG 21 does not have a drawing of a part of the side and hood). And it can hardly be fixed). Because it is very ancient and old, it wasn’t ready for VR. which I say, at least somehow smooth out this situation) I apologize for the English)

Ok, now I see what you mean. Rudel already told you in Russian part of the forum that this will be fixed, should be in the next update:

- Unlinked several parts from Argument 114 dummy to make whole airframe visible from cockpit.

As for cockpit head limitations for VR, those would have to be implemented by ED on core level in order for us to be able to restrict head movement individually for our module.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Please at least make it optional. For some VR uses it is very distracting when you hit cockpit limits it will start walk with your head. Very uncomfortable for some.

I found I myself somehow naturaly keep my head automatically inside cockpit limits.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't be done.

VR has the rules for comfort when it comes to movement.

You can restrict a hand controllers in games so example your sword collides with walls and other objects, but you can not restrict the head movement so that head would collide with obstacles as it is instant nausea and disorientation.

But, like with any other VR games what you can do is to change the vision somewhat.

Example, make it black and white with narrow field of view (like pulling G-forces) or simply going black and state "move head inside cockpit" text etc.

So such effects as blurring the view, desaturation for colors does work well and doesn't cause problems as restrictions that TrackIR and rest display views are using.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 3 months later...

Searched this forum topic because i feel this as problem in VR!

i don't like popping the head out of the canopy it's a terrible immersion breaker to me!

Worse you start to feel the wind "woosh" which is unnatural...

In Il2 BOX ther's a server setting that force your head inside the cockpit!

(normally can pop out of the canopy, but on some servers not!)

You can restrict a hand controllers in games so example your sword collides with walls and other objects, but you can not restrict the head movement so that head would collide with obstacles as it is instant nausea and disorientation.

in Box i don't have nausea and disorientation, but i'm pretty used to Vr... (may be the first flights could have me disturbed...)

so having this as a personal or server option is a must do IMHO!!!!

any developers interested in this?

let me know if you need help testing this!

AMD 5800 x3d Ekwb liquid cooled - 32 GB 2 x 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3600C14D-32GTZ - rtx 3080 Asus Ekwb liquid cooled - Asus Dark Hero X570 - M2 Nvme 1tb 980 pro - M2 Nvme 1tb 970 evo - some other HD

Reverb G2 VR headset  + Leap motion hand controller 

VKB Gunfighter Mk.III ‘Modern Combat Edition’ Ultimate - Extended + Custom made Speed "bugfeedback" stiffening joystick with arduino and DCS Bios - Trhustmaster Wharthog throttle -MFG Crosswinf pedals -Simshaker controling a Jetseat and 2 bassshakers