DCS: F/A-18C Features Roadmap for Early Access

Kate Perederko

On 3/10/2021 at 9:46 AM, Iron_physik said:

I guess other aircraft such as the AV-8B Harrier will also see the MK.77 fire bomb? 🔥

eoWG3Ie.png

162943_3.jpg

Mk-77 firebomb 3D model has into DCS directories

86970889_2903745756313960_72085843755820

Missing all fire implementation on core and 3D effects. Planned to a future. When it done, they put into DCS modules.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 3

On 1/11/2021 at 12:29 AM, Jetguy06 said:

The Hornet doesn't use an external EW pod. The jammer is internal.

they have the curren one that is already implemented, and also there is an optional ALQ integrated in one of the ourboards (in RL), so in RL they have that option.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 10:39 PM, Skysurfer said:

It's on the list but why would you want those anyway? 

So you can still use fun and interesting weapons when locked in certain time periods as far as weapons are concerned. It's like with GPS being disabled pre-1986 or something. 

I actually hope ED will further act on the time-period lock you can set for WW2 stuff, so that available weapons are dependant on the time period.

• Like 1

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

On 4/5/2021 at 4:39 PM, Skysurfer said:

It's on the list but why would you want those anyway? 

Because deploying the latest and greatest weapons isn't the only fun to have in DCS. Exactly like flying cold war/early jets, there's a lot of fun in flying older 1980s Hornet scenarios. As for the Walleyes I, they were the ones mostly used on the Hornet during ODS, so for a cool ODS strike scenario, they'd be pretty neat.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, toilet2000 said:

Because deploying the latest and greatest weapons isn't the only fun to have in DCS. Exactly like flying cold war/early jets, there's a lot of fun in flying older 1980s Hornet scenarios. As for the Walleyes I, they were the ones mostly used on the Hornet during ODS, so for a cool ODS strike scenario, they'd be pretty neat.

Sure, I get that but 1) Hornets, especially the C have not used these in combat and were only approved for them. And 2) there are currently far more important aspects to be implemented before any new, old and unused weapons. You will use a Shrike and Walleye exactly once and then never touch it again. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Skysurfer said:

Sure, I get that but 1) Hornets, especially the C have not used these in combat and were only approved for them. And 2) there are currently far more important aspects to be implemented before any new, old and unused weapons. You will use a Shrike and Walleye exactly once and then never touch it again. 

It really dosent matter if they havent used it much. For its 70 dollars we want every single feature that our lot had and they mentioned were going to get. 

Edited by IkarusC42B Pilot
  • Thanks 1

What's the latest on the SLAM-ER? I think it was previously mentioned as coming with the big 2.7.0 patch, but the latest information suggests it's simply WIP and not necessarily coming soon.

No worries if it's delayed. Just curious where it stands. Thanks!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Skysurfer said:

Honestly, this is all 100% a matter of subjectivity and preferences. My favorite weapons and those I always go back to are the Walleyes and SLAMs.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, amalahama said:

There quite a bunch of highly expected bugfixes and features to come more important that the Slam-er, if you ask me

SLAM-ER and others coming after 2.7

Following the release of DCS World 2.7, we will release additional Hornet features that include:

• AGM-84K SLAM-ER land attack missile
  • Offset Aim Points (OAP)
  • RAID Single Target Track (STT) Mode
  • New flares with increased carriage

We look forward to sharing more information soon.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2021 at 6:31 PM, Skysurfer said:

You will use a Shrike and Walleye exactly once and then never touch it again. 

About the Shrike, I agree, as it was actually a really dumb ARM that was preset on the ground and could only be fired at one specific SAM radar. Anything that could fire a Sparrow could fire a Shrike (since it's basically a Sparrow with the seeker tuned to a SAM radar as opposed to your own), so our Hornet can take it, but it was the first missile of its kind and as such, a bit of a kludge. However, the Walleye is another story, and they're actually really fun to use. It has some capabilities not found in modern weapons except for the likes of SLAM, for instance you can attack pinpoint targets through a full cloud cover as long as your release point is close enough and the clouds high enough that you're able to find and lock the target once the bomb gets below the clouds. Walleye I would be no different from Walleye II in employment, but it was a smaller, handier bomb, as opposed to the 2000lbs Walleye II. Since in most cases you're not trying to take out the Tanh Hoa bridge, a 1000lbs weapon with Walleye guidance would be really nice to have.

Edited by Dragon1-1
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Elunnia said:

Do we have information about the datacard? one year ago (or more) wags show us some screen about it. It will be very nice for all the PP droping and stuff.

Apparently it's going to be a sim-wide feature implemented all at once for every aircraft that has data cartridge/tapes but IIRC, there was no timeline given for that.

• Like 5

537 Mongo
CO vVF-161 Fightin' Stingrays
Check us out on the web!

• 4 weeks later...
Also something missing was the data cartridges for the Hornet that we're supposed to get. Are those still part of the release plan for the Hornet or has that been scrapped? Without them, anything other than CM Override is pretty useless in the Hornet.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Just set the programs the way you want in the files, passes IC too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On 5/18/2021 at 8:49 PM, Hulkbust44 said:

Just set the programs the way you want in the files, passes IC too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not exactly an option for every user.

I don't see a reason why an implementation of the DTC a la Deka or Heatblur can't be possible. At least while we get the "proper" implementation, which at this point may take another 3 years for all they care.

Edited by Gioepyon

4 hours ago, lonewwolf said:

I know i'll be "targeted" by asking this, but what about ACLS modes? not a much requested feature I guess...

Still planned afaik - I think the Hornet will be out of EA in terms of features in 2-3 patch cycles. 

Still planned afaik - I think the Hornet will be out of EA in terms of features in 2-3 patch cycles. 

Is the hornet still in early access? Thought they take it out of early access with the release of DCS 2.7