DCS: F/A-18C Features Roadmap for Early Access

Kate Perederko

@BIGNEWY Considering the announcements made in the Viper's roadmap (https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/278635-dcs-f-16c-viper-roadmap/?tab=comments#comment-4739362), concerning the Towed Decoy and Velocity Search radar mode, can we get a clarification on why these features were removed and absent respectively, from the Hornet? If in-house development takes place for these features, both aircraft should benefit from it. It's fine if it takes a long time, but it would be important to know that we're getting them.

Thanks.

• Like 4

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

10 minutes ago, Harker said:

@BIGNEWY Considering the announcements made in the Viper's roadmap (https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/278635-dcs-f-16c-viper-roadmap/?tab=comments#comment-4739362), concerning the Towed Decoy and Velocity Search radar mode, can we get a clarification on why these features were removed and absent respectively, from the Hornet? If in-house development takes place for these features, both aircraft should benefit from it. It's fine if it takes a long time, but it would be important to know that we're getting them.

Thanks.

Hornet does not have towed decoy, unless you're thinking GEN-X which was removed, but is still not a towed decoy. Only the Rhinos fielded towed decoy.

Viper getting VS is suspect though, since the hornet will not.

At any rate... I would like to see an updated roadmap for the hornet that should also shed some clarification on a lot of other things the hornet should have but have had little/no discussion about dev wise.

• ED Team
22 minutes ago, Harker said:

Thanks.

Still to be determined, we will let you know when we know more. 

thanks

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 7/18/2021 at 7:00 PM, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

What? I guess if you dont count the fact that you guys modelled the wrong offset mode and its supposed to be  corrected and the auto aquisition window is missing among others its complete..... -_-

Screenshot_20210718-185726_Chrome.jpg

This statement is so so so "correct as is". That's just making fun of us 😕

The ATFLIR can't be tagged as [completed] and should get a priority. Those are some of it's vital features.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 7/31/2021 at 7:04 PM, Coyle said:

Hornet does not have towed decoy, unless you're thinking GEN-X which was removed, but is still not a towed decoy. Only the Rhinos fielded towed decoy.

Viper getting VS is suspect though, since the hornet will not.

At any rate... I would like to see an updated roadmap for the hornet that should also shed some clarification on a lot of other things the hornet should have but have had little/no discussion about dev wise.

I meant decoy implementation in DCS in general. If ED implements logic for the ALE-50 and the TALD is already in-game, there is no real reason to skip the GEN-X.

Agree about VS. It's a simple mode, since it does not produce MSI trackfiles and if the work is done for the Viper, there is no reason for the Hornet to remain without it (not that there was one to begin with, besides the fact that it's not used a lot IRL, but I'm guessing that's true for the Viper as well).

On 7/31/2021 at 7:17 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Still to be determined, we will let you know when we know more. 

thanks

Thanks, BN. Looking forward to the update, but in the meantime, I'm happy to see much more pressing issues surrounding the radar and MSI, being worked on.

• Like 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

On 8/1/2021 at 11:46 PM, Harker said:

I meant decoy implementation in DCS in general. If ED implements logic for the ALE-50 and the TALD is already in-game, there is no real reason to skip the GEN-X.

Agree about VS. It's a simple mode, since it does not produce MSI trackfiles and if the work is done for the Viper, there is no reason for the Hornet to remain without it (not that there was one to begin with, besides the fact that it's not used a lot IRL, but I'm guessing that's true for the Viper as well).

Thanks, BN. Looking forward to the update, but in the meantime, I'm happy to see much more pressing issues surrounding the radar and MSI, being worked on.

The TALD has a expendable grider decoy with passive and active radar enhancers, missing chaff delivery B version and ITALD powered versions.

The Gen-X has a expendable ECM/RF decoy, outside of capabilities of TALD. Actually TALD has been replaced by MALD long range powered decoy with ECM/RF capability.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 2:19 PM, Zafix said:

I see that ACLS is WIP can we expect it for the next update ?

I hope so too! We need ACLS. The Tomcat let's the (current) Hornet look very old when you see how it can land "hands free". 😄

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 5950X - watercooled | RTX 3090 FE - watercooled | ASUS ROG PG278QR | 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3800MHz CL16

Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI | Creative Sound Blaster Z| be quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro & Dark Power 12 1000W

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

f369a91f-373c-4a67-b752-106889db8767.png

3 minutes ago, Raviar said:

Are we going to get the below weapons as they were in the list? 

GEN-X decoy
Mk-40 Destructor Sea Mine
Mk-63 Quickstrike Sea Mine
Mk-77 Fire Bomb

That weapons require implementations on the core to work them.

I dont expected see a Walleye I ER/DL or a AGM-45A/B Shrike on that Hornet version.

2 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

That weapons require implementations on the core to work them.

I dont expected see a Walleye I ER/DL or a AGM-45A/B Shrike on that Hornet version.

Hope we get it at some point! 

Edited by Raviar

So, I do not want to complain, and I am very happy with the Hornet we have... however, I wonder if it is going to receive the final push it needs to leave the EA state, or if it is now indefinitely in back burner, with the viper and Apache being the priorities (what would be a shame, IMHO, as it is just in need of some details to be "finished").

As I see it, we are still waiting for

- Finishing the FM rework (ballooning, I am looking at you)

- MSI rework (and, hopefully, ability to make L&S from MSI tracks)

- Radar track duration not controlled by the aging of the bricks

- ACLS and approach mode ATC (honestly, could live without these until after EA)

- Radar/Jammer prioritization

- LOFT modes for JDAM... (could also live wihout these until after EA)

Of course, that is my humble opinion and expectation. I understand other priorities might make more sense to other people... just wanted to share my view on how little is remaining to leave EA in adecent state, and why is it so nerving seeing that it still remains at 95%

BR

• Like 2

External lights!

• Like 1

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

• ED Team

When we are happy we will let you all know when the early access is finished, we still have tasks to complete. 

32 minutes ago, Lordfacker84 said:

i think before starting a project like ah-64 it would have been nice to finish the f-18, i don't like the early access policy, just because older projects never get done

Devs that work on fixed wing are not working on the AH-64. Fixed wing devs are working on the hornet and viper.

Not liking early access is fine, but please understand without it you would not get these aircraft. 

thanks

• Like 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Fire bomb! Fire bomb! Fire bomb!

i want the smell of napalm in the morning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.